Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #181  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Awe thanks 65. I have missed seeing you! I love your current photo as well!

Ruth Ann, I have had a week of no loss and a week of a 1 lb gain. As I recall, my zero loss week was after a big loss as well. Also, my gain week was after a very stressful week preparing for family to visit. (Had to make sure everything was perfect! Lol) I was 100% OP all the way as well. I know you will hang tough and keep moving forward OP. Just know that t is not uncommon and your end result is all that matters. (I know it is discouraging though, even if we smile and dust ourselves off).
Thanks dak - I really am okay with it, it wasn't totally unexpected since I knew it would happen sooner or later. Think I'm going to have to find something to relieve the stress that doesn't involve digging a great big hole afterwards!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #182  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Treefrog
I don't quite have enough information to respond.
How much do you weigh? Are you eating everything? having all your oil?
Eating salad? Including salt? Including one restricted?

It sounds like one of the hunger hormones is in play
Either that or you have not been hundred percent on plan and you are not in ketosis yet

Like I said, I don't have quite enough information to respond
100% on plan getting everything in, not eating a lot of salads now but did 1st couple days. Feeling much better today than yesterday.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
LOL - thank you 65, you are awesome! And yes, my behind is shrinking rapidly! So I'll take your broccoli and raise you a head of cauliflower! No inches gone this week but I am wearing.... are you ready for this? Size 16 slacks! Down from 26!
Woo-whoooo! That's what I love about this!
Getting excited about success... Everyone's! We ARE in this together!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Lisa- Owe you and others comments yet on the last few weeks.... Am trying to "catch-up but can't find where you posted what's going on and what you're changing to jump start again! (So no quote here...)
You will get there.. And your determination is really important to all of us who face much smaller or at the very least....less complex challenges to keep the scale going the right way.

Last edited by 65X65; 09-11-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #185  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Lisa- Owe you and others comments yet on the last few weeks.... Am trying to "catch-up but can't find where you posted what's going on and what you're changing to jump start again! (So no quote here...)
You will get there.. And your determination is really important to all of us who face much smaller or at the very least....less complex challenges to keep the scale going the right way.
Just peeked at the 50+ thread and wanted to tell you that I am praying for you to gain strength and guidance to make the best decisions and have peace of mind and good health. My MIL went through something very similar many years ago and was fortunate to catch it in time to recover, but it was very close. So relieved you found good medical help and can make a proactive decision. I am no doctor, but can only imagine that your new healthier weight can only be an asset now. Please keep us posted on your progress if that isn't too personal. Because of what we share here, I feel so close to many of you and feel as though we have a wonderful community of supportive friends.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #186  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
I am so sorry to hear your serious health issue, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You have been a tremendous inspiration to me on these boards always with your kind thoughts and wise words.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #187  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
100% on plan getting everything in, not eating a lot of salads now but did 1st couple days. Feeling much better today than yesterday.
Good morning!

treefrog - glad to hear you're feeling better. I found that drinking hot decaf herbal tea helps with hunger issues - for some reason the nice hot drink really seems to make me feel full. Also more lettuce and more water. I found after I got a few days under my belt (so to speak) the hunger seemed to subside a bunch.

I do love the support here - it's like we're a huge family. We may disagree sometimes but we are all heading towards the same goal - healthier, skinnier, happier us!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

I have put this on a couple of other threads so you may see this more than once, lol.

Good morning Fellow IP OPers . I just started using My Fitness Pal consistently, I can do it from my phone at the time I eat rather than pull out my journal...of course it tells me that I'm not eating enough calories and my protein amounts go over the suggested amounts and the carbs are below what is recommended, lol, all of which I already know. I like that I can see where I am regarding sodium, sugars etc. If any of you have suggestions on how I can better utilize this for IP I would love to hear from you. Have a great rest of the week OP

Diana
Old 09-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #189  

Diana
I responded to one of your cross-posts somewhere on one of the threads where you posted

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-13-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #190  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Good morning!

Diana: I do the same thing Lisa does (in fact, I think I copied what she does!). Right now I think it's interesting information since I know if I just follow the sheet I will be fine. But I wanted to get in the habit of planning and tracking.

I mostly look at the weekly averages (I can get the nifty pie charts using the app on my phone or tablet but not on my laptop) and I'm usually pretty close to where I set it. The only thing I really pay attention to on a daily basis is sodium since I tend to retain water.

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 09-13-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #191  

Uh oh. Had to find us on page 2 below a bunch of unnecesaary threads that could have been part of daily chat. Oh well, guess everyone is looking for their moment in the sun or doesn't read directions...

Day 3 of p3 for me. Going well. I've had the same simple breakfast all 3 days, enjoying in-season fruit blended into my homemade yogurt.

We ran into some friends we had disconnected with last nite. It was nice to see him again but we were reminded why we disconnected from them. I can only take some people in small doses.

Today I'll be with a great group of people game watching for football. I'm so glad being at a sports bar no longer makes me want to eat everything in sight. I'm good with eating prior & just getting a great salad. Not drinking means I'm good for other activities later. It really keeps me more healthy and balanced.

During halftime, I may run across the street to one of my favorite resale shops and pop some tags!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #192  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Its so great to be able to read each and everyone struggles and successes ! I just came back home after 2 weeks taking care of my mother in law and I am glad to say that I did not cheat once !! I could not even go online (she does not have internet) and not being able to get support from all of you was kinda tough...

IPN : DO NOT LET anyone bring you down ! You are losing a lot of weight and that alone should be self-gratification ! No matter who says what ! Mom must be jealous ...who knows !

Have a great weekend everyone !
Old 09-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #193  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Good morning! Lisa, I hear you on only being able to take some people in small does. Unfortunately, I'm related to most of those people I know!

Frenchy- hope your mil is doing better and congrats on staying OP through a difficult time.

I'm a bit perplexed - I broke out with a weird rash a few of months ago, mostly on my calves and we cannot figure out what is causing it. I thought it might be a new medication so stopped that for a month and still no change. See my dr next week and I think we're going to test for food sensitivities but I'm stumped.

Hope everyone has a great weekend planned!
Old 09-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #194  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Good morning! Lisa, I hear you on only being able to take some people in small does. Unfortunately, I'm related to most of those people I know!

Frenchy- hope your mil is doing better and congrats on staying OP through a difficult time.

I'm a bit perplexed - I broke out with a weird rash a few of months ago, mostly on my calves and we cannot figure out what is causing it. I thought it might be a new medication so stopped that for a month and still no change. See my dr next week and I think we're going to test for food sensitivities but I'm stumped.

Hope everyone has a great weekend planned!
I think I read somewhere that it could be a symptom of soy allergy? With IP that could be possible. Might be worth a mention to your doc.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Ughh, I should just stay in this safe little corner.

I try to steer a newbie in the right direction by telling them low-carb wraps, while great for maintenance, are not P1 approved. All I get in return is "well, if you're really craving one it won't derail you."

All I can say is...we 100%ers know how to get to goal!

Ok, rant over
Closed Thread