Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #91  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
happy for you... I am a huge bag sniffer... my daughter thinks I am weird.. but it helps.. i have had a hard time in the last couple months, but back on track! stay focused!!
I know... I don't get why sniffing the food helps me! lol But it's like when I really want a drink (stressful day) sometimes just SMELLING the vodka makes me feel better! lol And that was before IP!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

As a newbie, I turn to this thread and other threads everyday. The inspiration, guidance and the occasional kick in the butt people give each other helps me a great deal. The stories of people struggling and in some cases conquering their personal food demons are inspiring to me. I like knowing that people are going through the same thing I am. I have been OP 100% since I started ( my third WI is tomorrow) and I am proud of that and the NSVs I have had. I am also proud of the people here and their victories.

I believe that each day we each make a decision whether or not to stay OP. I do not have an opinion about the "cheats" except for I think there should be a separate thread for this type of discussion. I will try to support the other people struggling with this program, and I hope they will support me as well.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 226.2/198.6/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

So I hit my mini goal of Onederland this week, WI#8, 198.6! Again my scale was a pain, yesterday I pre-weighed, LOL, and I was 198.2. Then of course overnight I suddenly received an in-between TOM, how convenient for my WI this morning. Spotting for one day and then it will go away, ugh. But that's ok! I'm under 200lbs!

That means that this morning I started P2, phasing off for Hawaii vacation and then work in Baja. I am planning to return to P1 the first week of November, but only for a month, because I want to be on P4 for Christmas when I go home to Florida for the holidays. Then I will see where my weight is and make a plan for the next P1 round.

Speaking of cheating, I'm thinking that 9wks or so might be my max for willpower on P1. I stayed OP really great for the first 8wks, then this past week, I had several Bites, licks, and tastes, which I know do add up. But you know what, I am totally okay doing this diet in spurts of a few months of P1, then phase off, then back on, etc. I know that I didn't get to the weight I am overnight, and it will take a while to get to a healthy weight. I'm actually not even sure what healthy will be for me, I can't remember ever being thin...

I'm so happy for the support I get from this group, even if I don't post, it is so helpful. I read it every day. I even read the 100% group, and even though I won't post there, I get so much inspiration from reading everyone else's posts.

Have a great OP week everyone!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Why do rutabaga fries feel like a cheat! They are sooooo yummy and soooo on plan! I'm a happy IP dieter with those fries for dinner!!! I was excited all day thinking about them.

If you haven't tried them, I highly recommend.
imma try them maybe tomorrow...
i did jimaca fries today..they were okay but still oddly firm/crunchie even after 30mis of cooking...
i had turnip fries as well with the same outcome...hope for soft in the center and crunchie on the outside with rutabaga....
Old 08-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #95  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

I wonder if you parboiled the rutabega or turnips first before you bake them, if that will give you the soft inside and the crispy out?
Old 08-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #96  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettx View Post
So I hit my mini goal of Onederland this week, WI#8, 198.6! Again my scale was a pain, yesterday I pre-weighed, LOL, and I was 198.2.
Congrats! I hope to be there, if I am not already, soon!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
imma try them maybe tomorrow...
i did jimaca fries today..they were okay but still oddly firm/crunchie even after 30mis of cooking...
i had turnip fries as well with the same outcome...hope for soft in the center and crunchie on the outside with rutabaga....
Sadly the rutabega fries do not really get crispy, though they do soften. Someone posted that they were going yo try dippi g them in egg white and then a dusting I the potato purée. I don't recall hearing the results tho.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
I wonder if you parboiled the rutabega or turnips first before you bake them, if that will give you the soft inside and the crispy out?
i tried that with the turnip...boiled them for 15 mins first then baked them..and they were still crunchy...
Old 08-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #99  

S/C/G: Reboot 2014

Height: 5' 5"

Default Small victroy on a Monday!

This morning I dug into the back of my closet and wore a dress to work that didn't fit last year!!! It fit perfectly and I got a few complements from my coworkers.

Yippie!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:00 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Not that anyone here is going to appreciate this comment but...next time just eat the topping from the pizza wrapped in lettuce leaves or even plain. When I stopped IP to train for a race, I was eating low carb, moderate protein and high fat. I did not lose any weight, nor did I gain. If you absolutely must have something off plan, try, try try to cut the carbs. It will make this lifestyle tolerable for the long term.

I just completed Tough Mudder which wound up being 10.2 miles up and down a mountain...my advice is make sure to hydrate well in the days leading up to the race. Take a 1/2 tsp of salt with water an hour before the start. When your body is used to burning fat instead of carbs for fuel, you can go a long time without eating as long as you stay hydrated. If you have a chance, read The Art and Science Of Low Carb Performance. It explains the science behind all this better than I can.

That said, I did eat a banana and some of those gel things while out on the trails...mainly because I was hungry and that's all they had at the water stations. I think as long as you don't use it as a reason to over do the carbs, you can totally burn that off without any of it going to fat. And don't eat that stuff at the end...go right back to low carb afterwards...

FYI, next time I will be bringing jerky with me for long distances like that...protein and salt!

Good luck and have fun!
Thank you so much for the advice and sharing your race experience!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #101  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
So exciting losing that much weight in your first week! yes this website saved my life when I first started. There's so many people on here to support you and answer questions!

Congrats on starting IP! May I just say that this turns out exactly how YOU want it to turn out. If you want it to work, then it will. Just means you stick with it until you reach your goal. IP does work!!!! It doesn't discriminate. Your choices are the deciding factor in getting to goal. You made the courageous first step of starting and that in itself is HUGE!!

What worked for me, since I have 120 lbs to lose, is to set up mini goals along the way. Check it out in my signature line. I have 31.2 lbs to go before I hit my goal. It's exciting!! You can do this!

Also, the cereal by itself isn't that great, but watch out...mix it with the chocolate drink mix for a cookie and you'll be blown away. Here's my recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Cookies using the cereal and the chocolate drink mix for TWO servings. Makes a total of 12 cookies and 6 cookies is one serving.

Congrats again!
OMG! Your actually one of the big pushes why i finally started IP! I found your blog and was reading through your posts and you were the final push! .. Thanks!
Closed Thread