Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post
Good day all!!

Just wanted to confirm some things on here, since you guys give better advice than the coach(es) I have :P (there was a new person at my last weigh-in, hello coach #5) I can honestly say, I don't know any of my coaches names...

I'm driving back to Ontario with my family. This includes two parents and LO who is 4 and the trip will roughly be 3-4 days. We'll be bringing sandwiches for LO to eat since my parents generally eat breakfast, snack and then wherever we will stop for the night. Now... where we stop for the night all depends on location and whether anything will be around for food - food wise. I talked to my coach (the coach available) and asked what happens if no protein is available for the day and she suggested eating 2 packets of non-restricted to equal my 8oz. So basically, I'm looking at possibly eating 5 packets only for 3-4 days (1 packet breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 snack and 2 supper). I'm a little worried to say the least lol, I'm hoping there will be a subway around but doing all those packets for a few days, no biggy, but I just don't want to mess up somehow.

consider canned TUNA and have a look at rainbow's thread with her amazing travel bag.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-kit-bag.html

the other thing to consider is fast food places,while not the greatest sources of anything "lean" are nice and will provide you with bunless burgers, or grilled chicken...there are options out there..
Old 08-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marloes View Post
Hi Ladies!

I am short too!! and usually just a "reader" and yes I need to vent also! I have been loosing 2 pounds per week, and I know I need to be happy, 2 pounds is a lot, especially when all I did before was gain pounds, but reading other posts about loosing 5-6-7+ pounds per week is/can be upsetting sometimes!

I have lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks and some people loose that in their first 3 weeks, it just takes us a lot longer to loose! Anyway, good luck! we can do this!
Welcome Marloes...you beat me! 2/14 is my wedding anniversary...it was my 6th weigh in and my mini goal was 15 lbs for Valentines Day...I had lost 13.8. I was so discouraged. Next goal was St Pats ...and goal was 25 lbs for St Pats...I'd lost 24.8 lbs at that weigh in. So you're doing great! Keep it up!

PS..
Eventually--- I hit a mini goal! Tried for 40 lbs by my nephew's wedding on May 18th...and I hit 42.4 lbs on May 16th! Trust the program!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 274.5/269.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, lisa32989 and coloradogirl, for the encouragement and tips for staying on track. I know as long as I plan, I'll be fine.

My only worry is I am off to visit a friend for a few days in October, and know she will not be receptive to IP. I plan to not mention it at all to her and let her know I just want to watch my carbs and have lots of salad/protein. I can get away with breakfast because she knows I don't usually eat it, so I'll munch a bar with my coffee.

To chime in on the cheating debate, I plan to stay on the plan 100%, no planned cheats. However, I know myself...and as much as I want to stay on plan, if I have a slip, I won't beat myself up too hard provided I get right back on track. I have found myself in weird situations over the past week where I have had to improvise with my protein, and I don't consider that cheating.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon everyone...... I've been on vaca for a few days and still a few to go, a stay cation for us. Its nice to fit extra walks in with the dogs, gym in the morning instead of after work. Yesterday was hubbies bday we went out to dinner. I was very nervous not wanting to be off the plan. I didn't do too badly, I had blackened tofu tacos, really just sauteed mushrooms, peppers , onions and tofu, I asked them to hold the beans, rice and tortillas, they tossed in a salad. Patting myself on the back, I had just seltzer water and, a protein drink when I got home. There wasn't enough tofu to meet the requirements. I did have a bite of cake I baked him, just a small taste. I was afraid that the scale wouldnt be kind this morning. I know there was too much oil in the saute.

Congrats to the big losses and reaching goals. Mini steps gets us there!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #65  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by caressme View Post
First official WI was this am! I am happy to report I am down 10.3 lbs! I'm soo excited and am glad i didnt give up and even MORE glad for this website! omg I would have been done quit Thanks Lisa and all everyone else with the help, comments questions concerns ideas and CHEER about meeting your goals! ok im done .. Yay!
So exciting losing that much weight in your first week! yes this website saved my life when I first started. There's so many people on here to support you and answer questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
Hi everyone! Today is my first day on IP! I had my weigh in on Saturday at 207lbs. I can't wait to see how this all turns out. I ate some crispy rice cereal this morning, def wasn't the best thing I have eaten but wasn't awful.
Congrats on starting IP! May I just say that this turns out exactly how YOU want it to turn out. If you want it to work, then it will. Just means you stick with it until you reach your goal. IP does work!!!! It doesn't discriminate. Your choices are the deciding factor in getting to goal. You made the courageous first step of starting and that in itself is HUGE!!

What worked for me, since I have 120 lbs to lose, is to set up mini goals along the way. Check it out in my signature line. I have 31.2 lbs to go before I hit my goal. It's exciting!! You can do this!

Also, the cereal by itself isn't that great, but watch out...mix it with the chocolate drink mix for a cookie and you'll be blown away. Here's my recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Cookies using the cereal and the chocolate drink mix for TWO servings. Makes a total of 12 cookies and 6 cookies is one serving.

Congrats again!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #66  
Started IP 11/28/12

I just finished week 38 and lost 4.8 lbs this week!!! It's about time after I went through a 4 week plateau of losing only 5 lbs.

I'm really excited that I have only 31.2 more lbs to go before I'm at goal. Just doesn't seem possible sometimes! I'm really hoping to be at goal in 10-13 weeks so I can phase off in November which would mean it took me a year to lose 120 lbs. One can hope right?!?!

I bought P90X as my REWARD for meeting my goal. It's going to sit here in my living room until I hit goal and constantly be a motivation for me! I can't wait to start it.

More good news....I'm in a size 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been in this size since high school!!!! Also wearing a medium shirt.

I feel happier than ever, I'm becoming more social with people, and I'm actually getting attention from men these days. WHAT??? LOL! It makes me giggle.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
I just finished week 38 and lost 4.8 lbs this week!!! It's about time after I went through a 4 week plateau of losing only 5 lbs.

I'm really excited that I have only 31.2 more lbs to go before I'm at goal. Just doesn't seem possible sometimes! I'm really hoping to be at goal in 10-13 weeks so I can phase off in November which would mean it took me a year to lose 120 lbs. One can hope right?!?!

I bought P90X as my REWARD for meeting my goal. It's going to sit here in my living room until I hit goal and constantly be a motivation for me! I can't wait to start it.

More good news....I'm in a size 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been in this size since high school!!!! Also wearing a medium shirt.

I feel happier than ever, I'm becoming more social with people, and I'm actually getting attention from men these days. WHAT??? LOL! It makes me giggle.
Thanks for the inspiration!
I cant even fathom a medium shirt - way to go
Old 08-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #68  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrm View Post
Thanks, lisa32989 and coloradogirl, for the encouragement and tips for staying on track. I know as long as I plan, I'll be fine.

My only worry is I am off to visit a friend for a few days in October, and know she will not be receptive to IP. I plan to not mention it at all to her and let her know I just want to watch my carbs and have lots of salad/protein. I can get away with breakfast because she knows I don't usually eat it, so I'll munch a bar with my coffee.

To chime in on the cheating debate, I plan to stay on the plan 100%, no planned cheats. However, I know myself...and as much as I want to stay on plan, if I have a slip, I won't beat myself up too hard provided I get right back on track. I have found myself in weird situations over the past week where I have had to improvise with my protein, and I don't consider that cheating.
Great plan for success.

As for cheating v slips: you are absolutely right. There is a difference and there is no point in beating one's self up about a slip.

Improvising -- a must that is necessary to learn how to navigate. It's not a cheat. I wonder if one could say that it is part of planning? ... and sometimes sudden planning is needed! For me personally, I never go on the road for work without a few extra drink packets and rtd's in tow.

Annik
Old 08-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #69  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:

Congratulations! Good to see your face and hear your voice!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #70  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Thanks!! I think I'm feeling particularly vulnerable and weepy today. And YES! Most of the time, and good kick in the pants is what I need, even if it's not at all what I WANT.
There are days that can be tough and I hope my post didn't add to your hard day. It is by some miracle that I haven't cheated. It can be hard to convey the right tone in printed form. I am having one of those days and it is harder when I see justifications for cheating, when I really need some tough love. This is a great place to post what's on your mind and get support. As coloradogirl said, that might come in various forms. Hang in there and please keep posting. Don't shy away from venting....some are much more eloquent than I am, but we all need to vent or we turn to food, like we have in the past.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #71  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

I am almost as close to goal as you, and I have P90X as well! And I'd like to be phased off by the holidays, too! I'm not sure if it's gonna happen though, I'm stalling!!! I have done half a DVD twice in the last week, and I was... so... sore. You look great, I am not at all suprised that you are getting attention from men! When I was in HS men used to whistle at me from their cars. I used to find it annoying, now I would be ECSTATIC. Ha ha! Congrats on the size 10 and M top
Old 08-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The potato puree is a huge go-to for me b/c I can make so many breadlike things from it.
Since I don't consume soy, most of the most convenient foods are off-limits for me.
Hmm, how curious. My box of IP potato puree says its contains soy. Since you avoid soy but love the puree, I'm wondering if perhaps for regulatory reasons some Canadian IP products differ slightly from US versions, even though they're made by the same manufacturer in the same facility.

Last edited by JenJen444; 08-19-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #73  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Re: discussing cheating on the daily thread: I am glad this has come up. I want to support others in staying on plan. What irks me the most is the way cheaters discuss it. Say you cheated, own it, let others help you try to avoid it ....but lately everyone has to give us the particulars! (I've been guilty of this - once ). I don't want to hear about your pizza or ice cream or beer or wine! I miss it...but I'll probably never have it again if I want to stay at a healthy weight. We need to focus on what we should eat, not what we shouldn't.

Also, I'll admit my guilt re: exercise. It's not OP, but I do it anyway. I won't mention it again on the daily thread!

Last edited by bimnd113; 08-19-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #74  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the all the thoughts on the cheating vs slips.

I had serious been thinking about my beach trip in a few weeks and was giving myself permission to go off plan. After reading everything I've defiantly changed my mind and am going to stay ON PLAN. I've realized a few drinks isn't worth the work it will take to get back on track!

Hope ya'll had a great day!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #75  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
Thanks for the inspiration!
I cant even fathom a medium shirt - way to go
Thank you! I know me either on the medium shirt! Blows my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Congratulations! Good to see your face and hear your voice!
ahh...thank you Annik! It's been awhile. I used to post on here a lot, but my work schedule has been just absolutely nuts. I'm trying to be better at it. I love connecting with everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
I am almost as close to goal as you, and I have P90X as well! And I'd like to be phased off by the holidays, too! I'm not sure if it's gonna happen though, I'm stalling!!! I have done half a DVD twice in the last week, and I was... so... sore. You look great, I am not at all suprised that you are getting attention from men! When I was in HS men used to whistle at me from their cars. I used to find it annoying, now I would be ECSTATIC. Ha ha! Congrats on the size 10 and M top
HA! So amazing! Congrats on your weight loss girl! You really look great!!! I know the stalling part sucks! When I hit that plateau I went and started running and then eating a couple of more packs a day to confuse my body into losing weight again. Usually it only takes about 5 days for it to work, but this time 4 weeks. I'm sure it's because I'm getting closer to goal. I'm so hoping I don't have any more stalls.

Love that you're doing P90X too. I keep hearing how hard it is, but I know we can do it. Hard??? Losing all this weight is hard too so I figure if I can do this, I can do P90X. Piece of cake right!?!! I'll let you know after the first day. LOL I might be regretting my words.

Oh yes..the men! Me too. I'd be so irritated when they whistled, now I'd give anything for a whistle. Well not anything...that came out bad.

Keep on moving!
Closed Thread