Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #31  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

As I was eating my lunch I thought of something... I believe that most IP packages have 15-18g of protein. I have been having at least one, but more often two premier protein shakes from Costco which contain 30g of protein each. So does that work out to the equivalent of four packets rather than just two? Could I get away with drinking half at a time, making one shake equal two packets? I may be way off here and completely wrong, but just wanted some other opinions. If it is true, then I have been having 5 packets a day! Yikes.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 191.4/141.2/130

Height: 5'4

Default Lemon with warm water?

Hi, I've been drinking lemon with warm water every morning as soon as I wake up. I just read somewhere that lemon has 4 carbs???? Should I not be doing this while on IP???
Old 08-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Geez how is it already August! Well kids, Im working hard and staying on track! The hunger is finally easing up! My scrubs feel really loose today at work! My counseling session was really good yesterday, we talked a lot about binge eating and how I can work on my self control.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Hiya folks.
So for anyone still reading this long winded diatribe here is the final break down. 11-12 days gone, countless steaks eaten, a wicked sunburn on my nose, not enough water consumed and how did this work out number wise? The scale says I am down 2 pounds.

I'm pretty happy all things considered and am just 7 pounds shy of my goal. So it's time to get back into my regular routine and to finish up phase 2.
Spiritman - That's great! I'm so happy to hear you had a great vacation and still lost Riding is hard work! I am good friends with a man who organizes group rides every year, this is his website: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/i...age/index.html Every year he comes back with beautiful pictures and reviews of restaurants/breweries that he stopped at

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
So, decided to see what I could find to motivate us when we have a "slow-loss" week and this is what I found on google. First time attaching a picture, so I hope it works!!
That's great! I think of a pound of fat being roughly the size of a coffee mug. So that's a pretty big chunk no longer hanging over your belt! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
Hello fellow IPers. With the start of August arriving, that means county fair is around the corner. I have come to the decision that it would not be a wise choice for me to attend this year. Too many temptations, and definitely not enough IP friendly choices that come to mind. As much as this is frustrating, I know that this is only a temporary thing, and next year I will be able to go and enjoy it again.

Anyone planning on attending their fair? And what kind of things are you planning to avoid the pitfalls of "Fair Food"?
I don't usually go to any fairs but I do know what you mean about having to skip on fun things because the risk is too great. This weekend a group of our friends are headed out camping. Smores, beers, the works. I said I'd better stay home Next year I'll be out there, back to drinking them under the table!

In other news: This morning I weighed in unofficially at 171.5! My WI with my coach is this evening so we'll see what the scale says! I am hoping for 175 I asked for a packet of the blueberry-cran-pomegranate drink to try because of the collagen in it. Does anyone here put it in a spinach smoothie for lunch? Just wondering about the taste! Thanks and hope everyone is having a great OP day!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneDeaux View Post
Morning everyone. Starting the day out with some chicken soup. Weird breakfast but whatever works works! Do you all have trouble with the nasty aftertaste of the Omega pills? Any suggestions for how to combat it? I keep tasting fish after I take them. Ugh.
Nordic naturals " lemon" flavor. No revisit what so ever for me. I've been taking it a long time but never had a problem
Old 08-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgirl83 View Post
Hi, I've been drinking lemon with warm water every morning as soon as I wake up. I just read somewhere that lemon has 4 carbs???? Should I not be doing this while on IP???
Hi! How long have you been doing that for? If you've been doing that the whole time and still lost all that weight, don't worry about it! Keep on truckin cause you are kicking butt.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Oh my delicious goodness! EAS Carb control cafe caramel RTD.... I am in love and at Shaws supermarket they were 2-4 packs for $10 or $1.25 each! Can't beat that! This one is still listed as made with Soy....not pea protein.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
Hi! How long have you been doing that for? If you've been doing that the whole time and still lost all that weight, don't worry about it! Keep on truckin cause you are kicking butt.
It's been about over a week, and I haven't weighed in yet to determine if it has effected my losses or not, not sure if you can really ping it on one thing, but just making sure I'm doing everything right. I was about 5lbs from my goal and made poor choices so I'm back up again and just trying to stay commited. Good luck on your journey you're doing great!
Old 08-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Hi everyone! Quick question...... are roasted red peppers allowed? I bought a jar with just water, not even oil. I don't believe they are roasted with sugar. Anyone see a reason why this would not be on plan? Thanks!
Bell peppers are select veggies. As long as nothing else is added, fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgirl83 View Post
Are you eating the whole lemon?
Lemon is listed as an approved seasoning on the P1 sheet. I've used lemon water and cucumber waters the entire time.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-01-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Spiritman: Welcome back! It sounds like you and the wife had a wonderful time. I always chuckle when I read your posts. Congrats on the 2lbs and working on towards maintenance.

My summer has been so crazy with my job. We have lost 3 employess and the rest of us have as to pick up the slack. I have been in remote locations all summer off and on and have been stuck in the low 180s for like a month. Today at weight in I officially weighed in at 180.0. Grrrr!! So close to breaking into the next range. Next week I will be in the 170s or I will die trying. Everyone have a great IP day. I love seeing everyones victories.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Bell peppers are select veggies. As long as nothing else is added, fine.

Are you eating the whole lemon?
Lemon is listed as an approved seasoning on the P1 sheet. I've used lemon water and cucumber waters the entire time.
I was hoping you would reply Lisa. I squeeze half a lemon into warm water. I guess I just didn't realize that lemons had so many carbs! I've been back on the plan for a week now and I just started to do this because of it's many health benefits in addition to helping with the big C which I have terrible issues with while on IP. Just trying to stay true to the program.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Had WI earlier, and while had a zero weight loss had a whole 3.3 inches lost! I will take that

Just goes to show that even on the weeks where weight loss has slowed, if you have remained OP, it is because your body is taking time to reshape itself. Looking forward to buying smaller work pants when I come back from vacation.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 253/217/150

Height: 5'7

Happy August to everyone!

I had WI #5 yesterday - I am down 24lbs! This is almost 5 lbs a week and I am thrilled with it. (even with 2 cheat days after week 3) I don't know if it will stay at this pace but I am hoping it will until my brother's wedding in September.

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the dark chocolate pudding packet v. the premade chocolate pudding. is one better than the other? I've been having the pudding packet everyday.

Also does anyone else have trouble getting the 4th meal in? I basically have to remind myself to eat it. I'm trying to remember so that I get enough calories everyday but some days it is tough.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kledbetter27 View Post
Also does anyone else have trouble getting the 4th meal in? I basically have to remind myself to eat it. I'm trying to remember so that I get enough calories everyday but some days it is tough.
a 4th meal? or do you mean all three packets with your main meal? if you mean that, sometimes yes, even tho a low cal eating plan, i find sometimes i am full....but i do eat it...actually last night at work was one of the first times i was dizzy and lightheaded and the only thing that helped was eating....so go figure...

i love the pre-made chocolate pudding, esp for work, no mixing needed. i eat mine cold..and use a lil WF caramel sauce on it..it makes it all butterscotchy its pretty good and fairly filling
Old 08-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I've been crazy hungry lately, like dizzy and on the verge of passing out. I was good for so long and just lately it started. I get all my water, salt, oil and vitamins so I'm not sure what's up.

Super bummed, the tattoo place had to reschedule me for August 30th! So I'm hoping it will be a 45lb loss to celebrate.

My third WI was the smallest, don't give up!
Closed Thread