Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 6/6/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #2  

Happy Thursday!

Welcome to newcomers! If you are new, please carefully read the first post on this thread. There are lots of links and lots of info.

3fc has also placed guidelines about starting new threads to reduce duplicates/keep things a tad more organized.

This week has been my first full week "off"
I've been enjoying lunches with friends and random down time but the to-do list is not being accomplished! I could say I'll get better but...I'm on vacation!

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-06-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Morning folks,

Another week has passed and did my weigh in this morning - happy to report a loss of 4.5 pounds for the week.

It's been an interesting week around here. Last weekend was spent doing more yard work and landscaping.

On Sunday afternoon DW was having a nap on the couch, I thought it would be hilarious to scare her. A put my face about a quarter of an inch from hers while she was sleeping. My thinking was that she would wake up and be a bit startled and then boy how we would both laugh.

What actually happened is the dog barked, waking her up - her eyes opened, and she freaked out, screamed and proceeded to punch me in the face. Then we both said at exactly the same time - with me holding my eye and her grasping her chest - "what the he11, are you doing?" Needless to say she didn't think my joke was funny.

On Monday, I took the dog outside and as he was doing his business I noticed a weed growing along the side of the house. I bent over with the intent of pulling it out - I didn't get that far in the process. As I was bending over I smashed my head on the protruding gas meter I failed to noticed and almost knocked myself unconscious.

That afternoon with a throbbing headache - I had to listen to a plethora of excuses from a student of mine as to why she was late every day and missed at least one day on the first week of her practicum. That made my head hurt even more.

Fortunately, Tuesday and Wednesday were uneventful. My hope is today is as well.

NSV for me this week included running - yes I said running up the flight of stairs at work. Got to the top and was not out of breath or looking/feeling like I was going to have a heart attack. A rather nice feeling considering that at almost 400 pounds I didn't run for anything not even up to a buffet line.

Take care and have a good week.

Last edited by Spiritman; 06-06-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #4  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
That afternoon with a throbbing headache - I had to listen to a plethora of excuses from a student of mine as to why she was late every day and missed at least one day on the first week of her practicum. That made my head hurt even more.
My dad always taught me the easiest part of any job (and college was a job) was showing up on time. If you couldn't do that right then there was little hope you'd be doing anything harder right.

Sorry to hear about your trials this week but congratulations on an excellent loss. I'm nursing a dog bite this week so am on antibiotics myself.

It just goes to prove that life goes on whether we're OP or not.

Last edited by M35A2; 06-06-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #5  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Spiritman - that is actually a funny story. Although I am sorry about you hitting your head on the meter. I have done things like that and they hurt like heck, because you hit at full force.

Good morning to everyone in IP land. WI 3 is this morning. Wish me luck!

Question: yesterday i traveled for work and took my cooler with water and RTD mango drink. I expected to be at a location where i could stop at subway for a veggie salad. I ended up having to head out to a more remote location. I was not able to get my salad for lunch. But did drink my mango. At about 4pm i made it to a store and bought a bag of cauliflower and broccoli. I ate what i figured was 2 cups.

I made dinner around 6:30 when i arrived home. I had my normal protein and veggies. I ate my snack at 8:30.

My coach said i probably slowed down my weight loss and may have stopped fat burning. She advised i should not have eaten the veggies at 4pm, but should have skipped them and just had my dinner when i arrived home. I am worried about what to do if something like this happens again.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196- starting weight

Height: 5' 7"

Do you guys use any sea salt? Is Morton's OK? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Dak1lls- My coach told me that it does not matter when you eat the food listed on the sheet as long as you eat all of it. Is that wrong? I'm not very consistent with eating all my lunch at the same time.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #8  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
My coach said i probably slowed down my weight loss and may have stopped fat burning. She advised i should not have eaten the veggies at 4pm, but should have skipped them and just had my dinner when i arrived home. I am worried about what to do if something like this happens again.
As long as you get what you're supposed to in for the day it doesn't matter when you do it. Unfortunately there are a lot of "mis-informed" coaches out there. While I'm impressed with the diet I'm not really impressed with the IP coach training. Read these threads long enough and you'll see there isn't anything resembling consistency across the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
Dak1lls- My coach told me that it does not matter when you eat the food listed on the sheet as long as you eat all of it. Is that wrong? I'm not very consistent with eating all my lunch at the same time.
You're fine.

DW and I have been splitting our real protein between lunch and dinner since the start and usually have lunch anywhere between 11am and 3pm and dinner around 7 or 8pm. The critical point is to get everything in, especially the packets.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning fellow IPers

Think I finally evaded the big C and was visited by the WHOOSH fairy last night.... Down 4 lbs this morning from same time yesterday. Now just to keep the momentum going forward....
Old 06-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #10  
Started IP 5/13/13

Thank you for the replies to my question. I am so relieved to know I didn't totally blow it. She made me feel like a cheater and was all doom & gloom about me eating too many veggies too close together. I usually don't eat my snack until days end because it gives me something to look forward to. My coach said it is important to not eat after 8pm, but I stayed up later just in case 8:30 was too late to eat.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #11  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
Good morning fellow IPers

Think I finally evaded the big C and was visited by the WHOOSH fairy last night.... Down 4 lbs this morning from same time yesterday. Now just to keep the momentum going forward....
Yay! Congrats on the weight loss.

I sure hope that happens for me when I go to my WI in a 1/2 hour!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Dak1lls, you're fine. My eating is all over the map sometimes. I do try to easy every few his because I go from zero to starving very quickly, but stuff happens.

I'm of the variety that weighs myself every day and have been doing so for years. I was pleased to see an unexpected little whoosh this morning! Close to 3lbs I think. I guess that's why I had a hungry horrors day two days ago!

I'm going to a nice luncheon on Sunday and an going to bring some things I can eat. I'll be making a veggie quiche (removing the crust off mine), and a nice caprese salad with fresh cherry tomatoes, basil from the herbs I'm growing, mozzarella, olive oil, and I'll make a balsamic drizzle. No cheese or balsamic for me though.

Can't wait!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 163/149/115

Height: 5'4''

Hello and Good Morning All!!!!
So today is my 4th day on IP, and my 1st official weigh in. I lost 6 pounds!!! Which seems like a lot, but I don't see or feel it. Is that normal? I mean I am so happy and grateful. Just not sure if that is how others have felt?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone feeling great today! Happy to be solidly in the 150's:
Dak1lls - I work 3:30 to 11:30 and sometimes do a double over night so I eat all kinds of times. The way my work is I forget to eat snack and often don't remember until 10 or 11 when I get to sit down. I have not seen any real negative effects from doing this. The most important part is that you get all the eating requirements in since it is such low calorie diet. I do try to stop eating as early as I can when possible.
I also tend to believe that the 8 o'clock rule is for the people that have more of a day job kind of life and will be settling down to relax for the evening, not those of us who are still on our feet and physically moving until late night.
Keep up the good work and stay on program and it will all go smoothly.

I just figured out how to do all the extra smileys and things ...so cool!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaBell View Post
Hello and Good Morning All!!!!
So today is my 4th day on IP, and my 1st official weigh in. I lost 6 pounds!!! Which seems like a lot, but I don't see or feel it. Is that normal? I mean I am so happy and grateful. Just not sure if that is how others have felt?
I think the first WI is partially water weight but that's still fantastic! I know I don't notice a difference the first week either. Of course last time after 45lbs lost I didn't think I looked much different, even with pictures.

NSV today, my capris that were a bit tight last week are a bit loose today!! Love it!

Last edited by AprilH3; 06-06-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Closed Thread