Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #31  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricon View Post
Ooo thanks for the Tip on the Kale. Not a big fan but I'm trying to change that! Will try that today. Today I'm having a hard time. 0nly 4th day in and I am struggling not to cheat. I should have more will power than this. I don't know why I feel so discouraged today
You can do this! You'll be so happy you stuck to the plan after your first WI.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #32  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
My advice is as follows. You did the best you could do with the resources you had at hand. You learned that planning is key but that at times its not possible to plan. Do the best you can going forward and try not to stress over what has been done. Also when you stop at the store today look for the EAS Advantage low carb shakes, I love both flavors of chocolate and the vanilla! It is a perfect alternative and is considered unrestricted. Good luck and I hope you find a way to release some of this stress in your life.

My condolences on your loss.

Are you petting a bald cat at the moment? lol But seriously I know you mentioned it before but did you do some time on phase 2 for this shake up, err evil plan of yours?
Oh also meant to tell you, your new pic is stunning! Very beautiful.

I wanted to say, belatedly of course. . . welcome to Onederland! oh and what is a CSA?

I really like Kale salad although I tend to buy it pre chopped up for me already. I will have to try it like this, thanks for sharing!

Just have to say I have been in a bit of a funk for at least a week. Not to whine as I know there are many that have been doing this so much longer than I have, but this is the longest I have ever stuck to a diet. Part of this started when someone told me I am doing IP all wrong because of course they know everything in 8 weeks already and can judge how I try to help others. Back on point though, With the talk of 'carb ups' on one topic and Lisa's 'Evil Plan' I am just wondering if I should look at Phase 3 and give myself a small break by doing that. It's not that I want to do a version of Girls Gone Wild, I just wonder if that would help lighten my mood.
CSA stands for "Community Supported Agriculture." Usually put on by a local farm or garden center/nursery, people can "buy a share" which entitles you to a weekly supply of fresh produce grown by the provider throughout a given season. The foods included change week to week depending on what is being harvested. We decided to give it a whirl this year for the first time. This past week was our first week and we received a big bag of fresh lettuce, spinach, chard, kale, strawberries, new potatoes, spring onions, and radishes. Everything's gone but the kale and the onions.

I'm sorry you're in a funk. I haven't experienced that yet. Don't let some newbie know-it-all take the wind out of your sails, though. You are doing just great. (Thanks for the congrats!)
Old 06-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #33  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Ooo thanks for the Tip on the Kale. Not a big fan but I'm trying to change that! Will try that today. Today I'm having a hard time. 0nly 4th day in and I am struggling not to cheat. I should have more will power than this. I don't know why I feel so discouraged today

You are feeling discouraged today because your body is fighting making the transition you need it to make. You are about to enter ketosis and then everything gets easier. Do everything you can to make this as easy as possible for yourself -- lots of water, snack on lettuce when needed, have an extra packet if you need it, go to bed early -- just get yourself to day 6 or so and you will be so glad you did. You can do it!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
I think I'd rather go to the dentist than have to shop for clothes.
Me too! Even for good reasons like I've lost a zillion pounds!
And LOLOLOL on the bat wings.
Sounds like there could be a bat wing party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlfoster9290 View Post
I was well over my grams of fat, sugar, and carbs for the day I'm sure. Now what? Should I restrict my carbs and fats more than normal today? I plan on going by the grocery storethis morning to load up on alternative foods and veggies to get back OP but what damage have I already done? It's so frustrating because I was commited to this and I only "cheated" because my options were very slim and I was forced into a sucky situation. BLAH! Any advicewould be much appreciated!
You've gotten great advice.
Drink extra water today & follow P1 to the letter.
Always, always, always have spare packets stowed...I have them in my car, purse, and desk at work and in DH's car. This won't fix the veggie problem and sometimes lettuce has had to suffice but at least it fixes the packet problem (or, for most people, a run into a walgreens, Target, or Walmart will fix the problem with some EAS Carb Advantage. They have soy & I don't soy, however)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
I will say that I have been in a funk too. There was a part of me that just didn't want anymore darn veggies this week. But a brownie? Okay!
I am sorry that you are experiencing the same. And I am sure that you know what you are doing so don't listen to that person's voice or the own "voice inside your head" but do what you know in your heart is right. Yeah, just don't go Girls Gone Wild on us or you will have a LOT of explaining to do.
Zucchini/pudding muffins! You could make chocolate ones & there is your brownie (with hidden veggies!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
But seriously I know you mentioned it before but did you do some time on phase 2 for this shake up, err evil plan of yours?
Oh also meant to tell you, your new pic is stunning! Very beautiful

Just have to say I have been in a bit of a funk for at least a week. Not to whine as I know there are many that have been doing this so much longer than I have, but this is the longest I have ever stuck to a diet. Part of this started when someone told me I am doing IP all wrong because of course they know everything in 8 weeks already and can judge how I try to help others. Back on point though, With the talk of 'carb ups' on one topic and Lisa's 'Evil Plan' I am just wondering if I should look at Phase 3 and give myself a small break by doing that. It's not that I want to do a version of Girls Gone Wild, I just wonder if that would help lighten my mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Well look at you Lisa! I just saw your new profile pic for the first time! So crazy how different you look. Nice!

Okay did I miss something? What's the "evil plan"? Congrats on still losing and getting closer to your mini goal!!!
Thanks for the compliments, ladies

I shared this a week or so ago. My "evil plan" was to cycle through the phases to shake up my metabolism after losing <5 lbs in April and 1 lb in May.

My thyroid showed signs of stress in December so I'm sure it was WAY past time (low carb plans can be stressful on systems and some people need to take breaks from them to stay healthier). Since I'm losing a little faster again, on more cals & more carbs, I'm thinking this was the right choice for me.

I did P2 for a week while I planned out P3 breakfasts. I have 3 go-to breakfasts now & I'm planning a 4th tomorrow.

The original plan was to return to P1 in July. Now I've decided to take my body's lead. If I'm still losing like this, I may extend the break to Aug (actually Monday, July 29). If losses dry up, I'll go back to P1 for 12 weeks. From my reading, I really think my body needs a break and I won't be doing P1 for more than 12 weeks at a time (if I need more than that).

For newcomers, I NEEDED IP P1 when I started. I couldn't imagine the amount of time it would take to lose 110 (or more) pounds and I really needed the quick weight loss and "instant" gratification. Now that I'm closer to goal, I'm willing to delay some of the gratification (of getting to goal quickly) if I can stay healthier doing it (as in not needing thyroid meds). It may take more than 1 month for the thyroid to re-regulate. Again, I'm just going to listen to my body. I HAVE decided I won't have any "fun" days until I reach goal, because my plan is to continue to lose weight, not to maintain at this point (or get my palate "wanting" anything I'll be denying it again).

Anyway, since you ladies asked, that's the story. It's not really 100% IP to phase off before hitting goal but I made the decision for my health, based on my reading. I'm still following IP, just cycling through the phases before returning to P1. I'd been on P1 almost 44 weeks & just thought my body (perhaps body, mind, spirit) needed the break. I'm not going off plan or even planning to maintain for the summer. It was to introduce some carbs again to help my sluggish metabolism, before plowing thru to goal.

One of our 3FC IP sisters is joining me in this little experiment but I'm not going to share her story, only mine.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 209/199.0/145

Height: 5"6

Default New to IP!

Hi All !

I'm very new to this program....on my second day. (I would have started a bit earlier but my 21st birthday put things off)

I have been reading through the various IP threads and all I have to say is, WOW! You all are so inspiring- definitely gives me motivation to stick through these first few days as ridiculous as that may sound...

Just wanted to encourage you all and let you know that to a newbie like myself, you all have such beautiful stories and knowledge to share. Keep it up! I am excited to see where my first WI puts me...I will be weighing in shortly under exactly a week.

I had one of those food dreams you all talk about last night....probably because I was craving cheese all day yesterday. I find the 2nd day is easier than the first...and only hoping I start to feel better as time goes on.

Keep it up ya'll!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Me too! Even for good reasons like I've lost a zillion pounds!
And LOLOLOL on the bat wings.
Sounds like there could be a bat wing party!
Great minds think alike Lisa.

Gotta say the new picture looks great.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 229/218/155

Height: 5' 8"

Still moving along. Had a great chat with my coach today. Looking forward to phasing off!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Good morning everyone . Somber day for me today, it is my Grandmothers funeral. She had a great long and healthy life and lived to 100 years old. Can you believe she wasn't on any medication at all ! We sure are going to miss her .
So sorry for your loss...100 years of living is awesome! !!!!! She saw a lot in her life.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
My "evil plan" is working, scale movement on P3!
2 lbs closer to my next mini goal (160s)
Down another inch, as well.

IP recommends once/week WIs
Many people stress out over the scale, especially at first.
Lisa, what is this "evil plan" you speak of?
(I will try to go back and see if I can read your old posts to fill myself in, when I have time).
Old 06-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Happy Thursday... WI yesterday after 1 1/2 weeks and lost 5lbs and 4 inches...yay.. my coach also said something that I feel was incorrect and thought I would run it by everyone... yellow zucchini... allowed or not allowed?? She stated NOT..just wondering..

Lisa- Love your profile pic.. I had to look twice, thought it was a teen..lol

As far as telling your coach about using alternatives... I haven't yet... I hate to say this... but I have been keeping two jounals... one I show the coach and the actual one I use.... I Buy maybe a box of IP food a week....but mostly use alternatives..I just cant seem to cut the apron strings completly... I am so close to "goal"..I have myself brain washed that I would need them to phase off... they haven't questioned my purchase habits..

Love the support here!!!!!! Thanks
Old 06-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #41  

Snickers: Thanks so much! I guess my "over 50" wrinkles and age spots just don't show in that pic. Sunglasses to the rescue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
Lisa, what is this "evil plan" you speak of?
(I will try to go back and see if I can read your old posts to fill myself in, when I have time).
check post 34 in this thread
Old 06-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #42  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I emailed my coach to tell her I would not be back because of a pay cut at work. She never called or replied to my email. I legitimately had a pay cut, but you could just as easily say you need to stop due to finances but would like to come back later if things inmprove.
That sucks that your coach didn't write back. I find that sort of thing very unprofessional especially since you might be back after your financial situation changes. Sorry.

Quote:
Today I'm having a hard time. 0nly 4th day in and I am struggling not to cheat. I should have more will power than this. I don't know why I feel so discouraged today
Try to think positive. The 1st week is rough but it will be better and better each day. I remember my 2nd day i was just obliterated. I went home and laid down on my bed, hoping to fall asleep. Instead I found myself lying there, looking out my window, thinking about a candy bar. So, I pulled my a$$ out of bed and made a healthy dinner - and the cravings past. It's a hard adjustment but you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayychellmarie View Post
Hi All ! I'm very new to this program....on my second day.
Congrats!!
Old 06-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #43  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
That sucks that your coach didn't write back. I find that sort of thing very unprofessional especially since you might be back after your financial situation changes. Sorry.
It didn't bother me that she didn't write back, since there was so much support here. I only went to her for the first 3 weeks on IP anyway.

Pay was reinstated right before Christmas, but I never felt the need to go back.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 297 / 266 /160

Happy Thursday Everybody!

Well I had WI number 3 last night. I knew going in that I didn't think I'd lost much weight, despite being good this week and staying OP (it was very hard: stomach bug at the start of the week, wrapping up TOM, a girls trip with my Mom out of town, and just serious mood issues). Anyway, I gained 2 pounds! I lost inches still, but seeing the scale moving in the wrong direction has me very bummed out today. I KNOW that it is digestion issues (starting the Nutri-West HYPO-D today after a quick exam/experiment by my coach last night). Having some serious issues getting out of my head that if it isn't even working (losing pounds that is) why deprive myself. I "know" that is not right because it is working in that I lost inches and am still down 10.25 pounds from my start weight. How do you all cope with the inner voice battle when you have a hiccup like this in your plan?
Old 06-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! Today completes my 4th week on IP and I could not be happier with the program thus far. I am down 14.4lbs in 4 weeks!

I had a little NSV this morning. I had a work function over lunch and I put on the dress that I wore to my law school graduation 1 year ago. I was surprised when it actually fit! Not only did it fit, but it fit better!! I know I am "only" down 14.4 lbs, but what a difference it makes on my 5'2 frame! I found a "before" picture from graduation and took an "after/during" picture (yes, in the bathroom at work) to compare. Check 'em out!

Have a great day everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled4.jpg (32.1 KB, 45 views)
Closed Thread