3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/282752-fabulous-fifty-home-those-us-50-older-ip-volume-11-a.html)

lisa32989 09-21-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4776550)
LISA: You seem to be doing great again with the phasing through since I was off line...:twirly: I hope you figure out the heartburn issue quickly though... Your system is so delicate. You are the "Princess and the pea" on this board...and your experiences touch us all. Good luck...:grouphug:

Lol I had to go back and find this quote. My PT called me this on Thurs as the stretch we were trying once again caused me pain in weird spots.
I'm filling out all the paperwork for a new functional medicine doctor this weekend.

65X65 09-21-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4845109)
Lol I had to go back and find this quote. My PT called me this on Thurs as the stretch we were trying once again caused me pain in weird spots.
I'm filling out all the paperwork for a new functional medicine doctor this weekend.

OMG..forgot calling you that...but it's still true...! :queen:

Maybe you need a witch Dr...:witch:... With Halloween coming....? Or at the very least you need a potion or an amulet around your neck.

Seriously though referred pain is no joke. It's all too real...but does nothing to help figure out what is causing it....unless everyone and their sister has had it and the condition is well documented.

lisa32989 09-21-2013 03:16 PM

LOL call me "names" and I don't forget ;)

AlisonS 09-21-2013 04:31 PM

Hi all, glad to hear everyone is doing so well!

So I just started my 2nd week of phase 3 - can't believe in one week I get ALL THE VEGETABLES BACK! So excited! No more "tomato days"!

I forgot to eat my peanut butter this morning. I can't believe it! I didn't even realize it until after lunch when I was adding my calories into My Fitness Pal and realized I was way under! Kind of mad at myself, wish I could have it now but I think that is not the point of Phase 3 (you are supposed to have it all together.)

I went on a shopping spree today, not *too* much damage to the checkbook because it was mainly at Target. I am all set for fall. I found a pair of jeans at Target that are cammo on one side and black on the other side - was very excited about that! It was like getting 2 pairs of pants at once and I am definitely taking those when I travel places, it will save a lot of space in the suitcase!

Went to the YMCA today to see about getting a job as a water aerobics instructor, but the director is only there M-F so I will be going back next week. I also found out about an instructor opening at another facility, so if I can't get in at the Y I will try the other one.

Cleaned my house on Friday so I am enjoying just doing relaxing things this weekend!

Have a great week everyone!

AlisonS 09-23-2013 07:32 PM

Nothing new, just wanted to give this thread a bump. I weigh in tomorrow and am trying to motivate myself to work out a little bit tonight. I'm trying to figure out my shopping for Friday already, since Saturday is my first day of Phase 4. Last week I kind of goofed up my list, but remembered when I was in the middle of the store that I had to buy greek yogurt. This week I will pay attention a little better.

Hope you are all well!

AlisonS 09-24-2013 11:04 AM

Hi, I am talking to myself again, I guess, LOL!

I weighed in today and was down another 1.4 pounds. It has really surprised me that I have had so much weight loss in Phases 2 and 3 after being stalled out in Phase 1. Saturday I start Phase 4, so I am really in the countdown now! I bought a box of Vanilla Ideal Complete and got a free individual package of Chocolate. They say the Chocolate sux, but I need to try it myself, just in case, since I love chocolate!

It is a beautiful fall day here - a little chilly this morning, but bright and clear.

Stay strong people, this program works!

Maxxy 09-24-2013 11:20 AM

Good morning! I haven't posted on this page for awhile, so here's my update. I started phase 2 on Friday of last week. I will move on to phase 3 after this WI on Friday. We are going away in October so I wanted to phase off properly. I am only 3 lbs away from goal so here's hoping I continue to lose on phase 2.

I think my goal may have been a little to low so when we return I may reset and try 10lbs more. I feel pretty comfortable right now and NEVER thought I would be this low, but I think I can do more. If I go back on P1 when we return, for a month or so, I will decide then.

But in the meantime, I think I will download MFP to get used to monitoring when I am in maintenance.

I have NEVER hit a goal with weightloss in my life! I always get close but not actually at my goal. When I hit my goal, I plan on rewarding myself with something special. No idea what it is yet but I'm sure it will come to me.

Have a great day everyone!

AlisonS 09-24-2013 11:28 AM

Maxxy, good luck! I continued to lose in both Phase 2 and Phase 3 - during Phase 2 I lost 5.4, then 'gained' back 3 on starting Phase 3, then lost 2.4 of that. So I am heading into maintenance about 5 pounds net loss after Phases 2 and 3, which put me at about 5 pounds under goal. I agree that it is hard to figure out what you "should" weigh after being heavy for some time. Congratulations on your success!

SuzieV 09-24-2013 11:44 AM

Good morning. Time to pick the brain of the veteran's. Do you see any harm if a person just stayed on P3 rather than moving onto P4? At this point I have no yearning to change phases and I'm continuing to lose a little each week (better then I did at the end of P1). I figure it's working for me so I'll hang out in P3 for awhile, unless there is a reason to change. Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom!

AlisonS 09-24-2013 01:03 PM

SuzieV - there is nothing about Phase 4 that would preclude eating like Phase 3. So, you can "go" to Phase 4 if you want but then eat like Phase 3, but continue to take the supplements. When you feel comfortable, you can gradually reintroduce things like cheese at lunch and a wider range of vegetables at dinner. Phase 4 does not have a rigid structure at all, no minimum or maximum calorie counts.

Lizzy63 09-24-2013 07:54 PM

SuzieV - I agree with Alison. Nothing wrong with that. I lost in phase 3 and also on maintenance for a while as I slowly added extras to my basic phase 3 diet. I do think, though, that phasing off somehow ramps up your metabolism, but that won't last forever. I definitely have had to cut back on calories to maintain compared to what I could east my first 4 - 6 months on maintenance, so you may level off on losses at some point. But then, maybe that's just me!

WingnutandMe 09-24-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy63 (Post 4847830)
SuzieV - I agree with Alison. Nothing wrong with that. I lost in phase 3 and also on maintenance for a while as I slowly added extras to my basic phase 3 diet. I do think, though, that phasing off somehow ramps up your metabolism, but that won't last forever. I definitely have had to cut back on calories to maintain compared to what I could east my first 4 - 6 months on maintenance, so you may level off on losses at some point. But then, maybe that's just me!

Another agreement here. I have not given up P3 breakfasts (except now while on P1). I pretty much try to eat like P3 (except when the stress of DH going to Michigan and starting the short term contract job over took my will power)

Anyway, here I am. I have been soooooo busy and spend almost all evening on Skype chatting with DH. He's hauling a travel trailer home (up north) tonight so I have some time. Spent the last couple hours applying for jobs. Only a couple more weeks left in my contract and then I'll be unemployed again. I'm sticking with contract work. I would love to find a 6 month contract to take me to spring and then I'll go back to Michigan for 6 months.

I am in day 5 of P1. It's going well. Day2's headache was almost unbearable, but I survived. I will stay on P1 for a minimum of the next two weeks. If we're able to go to a Corvair event and then up to Michigan, I'll phase off. I will stay on if that all falls through.

Back to the travel trailer. It has a dual purpose. Possible snow bird habitat (if we ever get really retired) and now, a possible home if I find a contract job too far to commute, which is a good possibility. Since you can't generally rent an apartment for much less than $500-$660+ and they want a year's lease, I hope to find an RV park and pay much less and be able to leave when I'm finished with the contract.

Okay, I'm done rambling. Glad to see all are doing well, though this thread has been a bit quiet in the last couple days.

Molly

SuzieV 09-25-2013 01:20 PM

Thanks ladies! Going to stay in P3 a tad longer, especially if I continue to see the scale go down. I wasn't really happy not getting to my goal weight, but got impatient & frustrated and wanted to shake things up a bit. Might have to try another round of P1 at some point and then phase off again. Have an awesome day everyone! I'm headed to my yearly physical...oh joy ;)

Lizzy63 09-25-2013 06:44 PM

Molly - sorry things are so up in the air with the work situation. Hopefully, you will get something lined up soon.

I am on day 3 of phase 1 - trying to drop a few pounds before vacation - so far, so good. We can do it!

SuzieV - I hope your physical is a joy. After losing weight, you should get some good news. Last physical, I got to cut my BP meds in half, and ditch the cholesterol meds. I was very happy!

SuzieV 09-26-2013 12:17 AM

Well my annual check up went well so far. Blood pressure is normal, it was starting to creep up a little last year. The office takes pics of the patients for your file and they asked to take a new pic of me, said I had changed for the better :) Still have to do a blood test, a booby press and my first colonoscopy :(