3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/282752-fabulous-fifty-home-those-us-50-older-ip-volume-11-a.html)

65X65 09-19-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 4842898)
Without going into details, I'm firmly solid on plan for two days this week, this is day three. I bought a bracelet (an inexpensive one, but pretty, comfortable, and I really enjoy) yesterday. It is dubbed by myself to be my 100% bracelet. I can choose to wear it only when I'm 100% on plan. I figure it will help me through this re-start as a reminder. I put it on my "fork hand" lol.

Great idea for self motivation and reminder! I did one of those bead bracelets and added one for each milestone...which I made up as I went. I knew when it felt like I'd made progress....inches....pounds...mindset, social hurdles, comments that were not necessarily well intentioned but that I fended off with out showing my private stuff to someone who had no need to know........etc! But I really like your idea of wearing it when you're IP is turned "ON"!

Good to have you around...you'll be back where you need to be ...anyone who has been able to do what you already did is a champ!
kathie

lisa32989 09-19-2013 07:02 AM

From watching folks get to goal & then have struggles, I have no illusion that IP has somehow removed all of my bad behaviors with food. I didn't get to 260 because I was making a few bad choices.

I prefer to view the behaviors as in remission & the structure of IP is holding them at bay. This is one reason most days my scale stall isn't frustrating me. It is delaying a time for less -structured eating. However, it is also delaying me being able to eat for a healthier thyroid. At some point, my p1 cycle may just go to the alternative plan.

Based on some reading for health, I moved my p3 meals around yesterday. I slept so much better. Until I can get adrenals checked out, I may stick with this plan. My body seemed to like it.

SuzieV 09-19-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4843523)
From watching folks get to goal & then have struggles, I have no illusion that IP has somehow removed all of my bad behaviors with food. I didn't get to 260 because I was making a few bad choices.

I prefer to view the behaviors as in remission & the structure of IP is holding them at bay. This is one reason most days my scale stall isn't frustrating me. It is delaying a time for less -structured eating. However, it is also delaying me being able to eat for a healthier thyroid. At some point, my p1 cycle may just go to the alternative plan.

Based on some reading for health, I moved my p3 meals around yesterday. I slept so much better. Until I can get adrenals checked out, I may stick with this plan. My body seemed to like it.

Have you always had a snail as your ticker tracker? It put a smile on my face. Your kind of giving your scale the finger and making the most out of a VERY frustrating situation...at least that's how I see it ;)

smoothysmom 09-19-2013 11:32 PM

Lisa-
I saw your post about cooking & then freezing zucchini and wondered how you do that and also, how to measure it when you add it to whatever. It seems we are always told to measure veg & meat before cooking. I get that yet in reality, we often use it after it's cooked. I have the same issue when I put spinach in my blender. I do a whole package so it's ready for hurry-up breakfast shakes but really have no clue how many cups of raw spinach there is in 1/2 c liquid spinach.

Second question is regarding the poster who complained of fatigue and you mentioned adrenal fatigue. I would appreciate more info on adrenal fatigue in general but need to have my annual thyroid re-check and wondered what else besides TSH you have checked?

Thanks SO much for all you contribute to this thread. I absolutely know I wouldn't have stayed OP and maybe not even on IP if all I had was my coach. This thread is an essential aid to anyone wanting to lose weight the IP way!!

lisa32989 09-19-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieV (Post 4843792)
Have you always had a snail as your ticker tracker? It put a smile on my face. Your kind of giving your scale the finger and making the most out of a VERY frustrating situation...at least that's how I see it ;)

;) Yup. I was looking for a turtle b/c I always talk about the tortoise winning the race but there was no turtle so I nabbed the snail instead.
I changed it last weekend. And your interpretation is SPOT ON!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothysmom (Post 4844229)
Lisa-
I saw your post about cooking & then freezing zucchini and wondered how you do that and also, how to measure it when you add it to whatever. It seems we are always told to measure veg & meat before cooking. I get that yet in reality, we often use it after it's cooked. I have the same issue when I put spinach in my blender. I do a whole package so it's ready for hurry-up breakfast shakes but really have no clue how many cups of raw spinach there is in 1/2 c liquid spinach.

Second question is regarding the poster who complained of fatigue and you mentioned adrenal fatigue. I would appreciate more info on adrenal fatigue in general but need to have my annual thyroid re-check and wondered what else besides TSH you have checked?

Thanks SO much for all you contribute to this thread. I absolutely know I wouldn't have stayed OP and maybe not even on IP if all I had was my coach. This thread is an essential aid to anyone wanting to lose weight the IP way!!

I'm going to encourage you to do some reading on adrenal fatigue.
I have some favorite natural health gurus who have guided me.
People to look for on the internet
Paul Jaminet
Chris Kressar
Reed Davis
Dan Kalish
Mark Sisson
Those should get you started.

I'm hoping Lolo71 jumps in on the Thyroid info. TSH is basically no info. You'd need a complete thyroid panel.
Most MDs don't do the adrenal saliva testing. You'd need a functional or integrative medicine practitioner.

Re: zucchini
I measure raw & then cooked so I know what I started with.
I cook & then measure into small ziplocks so I know precisely what is in there and how much it was raw (to start with)

smoothysmom 09-20-2013 03:02 AM

Thanks, Lisa. I've done some reading on a couple of women's health sites but haven't researched anything by any of the people you listed.

My regular Dr was a DO (doctor of Osteopathy) and very knowledgeable about these kinds of things. Unfortunately he moved away and I have not found another doc with his open-minded mindset. The whole thyroid question of what is and isn't "normal" and even whether T3 or T4 or just TSH is enough to measure seems to be one the doctors can't come to agreement on either. It's so very necessary to be informed yourself about health issues!

Appreciate the resources and the zucchini info....

SuzieV 09-20-2013 10:15 AM

Happy Friday! This is my favorite time of year, but for the first time in a long while I don't want to cover up with hoodies & sweats...gives me a little boost. To be honest, 50 seemed to be getting up there, BUT this is the best I've felt in years...I have a new lease on life and am humbled by the possibilities. Enjoy your weekend...you might be surprised/inspired by what you accomplish!

Halfagain 09-20-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4843492)
Great idea for self motivation and reminder! I did one of those bead bracelets and added one for each milestone...which I made up as I went. I knew when it felt like I'd made progress....inches....pounds...mindset, social hurdles, comments that were not necessarily well intentioned but that I fended off with out showing my private stuff to someone who had no need to know........etc! But I really like your idea of wearing it when you're IP is turned "ON"!

Good to have you around...you'll be back where you need to be ...anyone who has been able to do what you already did is a champ!
kathie

Thank you Kathie I appreciate it. I like how you worked your bead bracelet. I started one, but after I lost 100 lbs. So I was behind on the one bead for every 10 or 20 lbs and buying them all at once was going to hit the pocket book at once. I'm enjoying my on plan reminder and really don't want to contentiously have to remove it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4843523)

Hi Lisa, I read your post on 100% thread about cheating and plateaus. I agree, more so with people who have been on the boards for a few weeks and should know better than thinking they will lose like they did the first week, every week. I'm glad you got better sleep, it's really important.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieV (Post 4844476)
Happy Friday! This is my favorite time of year, but for the first time in a long while I don't want to cover up with hoodies & sweats...gives me a little boost. To be honest, 50 seemed to be getting up there, BUT this is the best I've felt in years...I have a new lease on life and am humbled by the possibilities. Enjoy your weekend...you might be surprised/inspired by what you accomplish!

Hi Suzy, I've got to differ on the hoodie (though not the sweats) I've got my pink camo hoodie on today and it feels marvelous. It's chilly! and taking this pup outside for potty breaks - well you get the idea. You have a wonderful weekend too!

Still going strong on the re-start. I've had an extra couple egg whites (not sure if they are still on the list or not - they are on my list anyway). I am so looking forward to having my normal kitchen back (and shower, and laundry). The plumber is coming today to fix the pipe so we can use the water in our house again.

lisa32989 09-20-2013 02:39 PM

Hoodie weather here fo sho!
I wore a really cute dress I got re-sale for $10 today and FROZE at my meeting! I need to find some nice blazers to wear with this dress to keep me warm. It is black & white so a red or black one for sure. I'm also partial to royal

65X65 09-20-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4844715)
Hoodie weather here fo sho!
I wore a really cute dress I got re-sale for $10 today and FROZE at my meeting! I need to find some nice blazers to wear with this dress to keep me warm. It is black & white so a red or black one for sure. I'm also partial to royal

...AND BOOTS girlfriend!! You need some kicky boots!

65X65 09-20-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4844741)
Yes I do. And that is one thing I can buy new.
DSW coupons here I come!

Yeah baby...just got another coupon yesterday!

Do you have a Boscov's? Their shoe sales are incredible!

lisa32989 09-20-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4844729)
...AND BOOTS girlfriend!! You need some kicky boots!

Yes I do. And that is one thing I can buy new.
DSW coupons here I come!

MistysIPJourney 09-20-2013 04:43 PM

Zucchini

Re: zucchini
I measure raw & then cooked so I know what I started with.
I cook & then measure into small ziplocks so I know precisely what is in there and how much it was raw (to start with)[/QUOTE]

Lisa,
Great idea about using ziplocks. I'm currently in P1 and in-training to become an IP Coach. I will be passing this along to the dr. and our clients.

On another topic, could you post a link to where us newbies can learn how to properly post and reply on the forum? I'm not sure if I am doing it correctly.

Thank you!

lisa32989 09-20-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MistysIPJourney (Post 4844787)

On another topic, could you post a link to where us newbies can learn how to properly post and reply on the forum? I'm not sure if I am doing it correctly.

You'll get the hang of it

On each post in the lower right-hand corner, you'll see a box that says quote and another icon that looks like a quotation mark

To quote one person, click the quote box.
Delete the part of their message that doesn't pertain to your response (please!)
But be sure not to delete the HTML code for the quote or it won't turn out right.

To mulit-quote, use the quote icon. It'll turn red when you click it. You may click several people. Then Click POST REPLY (as usual). All the quotes you chose will appear.
Make sure to delete the part of their posts and only keep what pertains to your reply.

Happy quoting

MistysIPJourney 09-20-2013 05:14 PM

Thanks so much Lisa!