Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #16  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousatfifty View Post
Hi Everyone,
After 15 weeks and 42.4 pounds lost I am ready to exercise! Would love to know what kind of exercise works well with Ideal Protein and not needing more calories or over using muscles - thoughts? Thanks!
IP is designed as a no-exercise program. It is far too low in calories for you to exercise and NOT replace those calories with more food. If you choose to exercise, you MUST add an extra packet afterward to ensure your muscles can recover properly. Even slow walking requires an extra packet. Exercise also does not speed up the weight loss - most people actually experience SLOWER weight loss when they add exercise, but for some that is a fair trade-off because they enjoy the exercise.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Congrats to those who had celebrations to attend this past weekend and remainded OP - awesome job!

Anyone have any suggestions what to do on days where you cannot bring yourself to eat? I had a migraine yesterday and could not stomach anything. I tried the drinks, but didn't get all my packets in, not to mention my protein and veggies..... Doing better today, so back OP today.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Loopers, WOW congrats on the 11lb loss!!

I had my WI#1 today and am down 8.2lbs, hooray!! I can definitely feel myself getting back into the swing of things. I made lettuce wraps last night with roasted veggies, roasted chicken, and dijon mustard. Forgot how much I love lettuce wraps.

Question for those that weigh-in at home: do you pick one spot and take the weight no matter what? My scale is different depending on spot in the bathroom. Don't know if I should take the larger or smaller number lol.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #19  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

Great Job this weekend everyone!! I am finally in the 170's

Feels like I have been stuck in the 180's forever My DD had her first ocean swim of the season and did great Then we went to the sicilian festival in little Italy with friends lots of yummy food but I had a plan and stuck to it so all was great!!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
Congrats to those who had celebrations to attend this past weekend and remained OP - awesome job!

Anyone have any suggestions what to do on days where you cannot bring yourself to eat? I had a migraine yesterday and could not stomach anything. I tried the drinks, but didn't get all my packets in, not to mention my protein and veggies..... Doing better today, so back OP today.
We do our best. Sometimes we are sick and recovery from illness comes first. This is always a good discussion to have with your coach ahead-of-time.
Chicken broth is helpful & having some veggies pureed in might work.
I get migraines also & have since childhood. I understand that some days you just can't eat. Some of the packets work better for me than others when I'm feeling bad. For some reason, the orange drink goes down pretty well.
Again, we just do our best and take care of ourselves the best we can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousatfifty View Post
After 15 weeks and 42.4 pounds lost I am ready to exercise! Would love to know what kind of exercise works well with Ideal Protein and not needing more calories or over using muscles - thoughts? Thanks!
I hear you! We're feeling so much better we REALLY want to get started!
Like Scorbett said, heavy exercise can actually slow the scale.
But if you want to add a walk or a bike ride or some yoga, something gentle, I HEAR YOU on wanting to feel better and we really DO feel better when our bodies move.
IP really isn't the time to start strenuous workout routines or train for races, etc without consulting with your coach.

As long as you're feeling good in Ketosis (which you are by now), just add that extra unrestricted (I tend to go for the lowest carb/calorie ones like the orange drink or the pink lemonade or some syntrax nectar). My exercise is Physical Therapy for my back, which has been healing quicker than I thought it would!

The trade-off is that the scale may slow a tad. Muscle weighs more than fat, remember!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #21  

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone!

I've been craving soups and trying to find the broth that everyone here is using, "college" something... can someone help me with the correct name and where you're purchasing it?
Old 05-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #22  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Good morning everyone!

I've been craving soups and trying to find the broth that everyone here is using, "college" something... can someone help me with the correct name and where you're purchasing it?
College Inn!

You can find it in most grocery stores, I believe. It's a blue can or box.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #23  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Good morning everyone!

College Inn Fat Free, Low Sodium broth, I get it at my grocery store
Old 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #24  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

Has any one had any problems with IP and gout? My foot is swollen and extremely painful. After research, I have found that diets high in animal ptotein contribute to gout. I have an appointment at the podiatrist this afternoon to confirm.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone! Day 4 and no more headache!!! Took a 50 minute walk and boy is it already hot -in the 90's. congrats on all the successes
Old 05-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 231/160 /162

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone : )

Going back to the earlier comment about not counting the olive oil if you are using it in cooking because not all of the oil sticks to your food . . . I only use my daily required oil in cooking, should I be using it in salad dressings instead? I really think that my food adsorbs the oil while cooking as there is nothing left in the pan.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #27  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlin View Post
Good morning everyone : )

Going back to the earlier comment about not counting the olive oil if you are using it in cooking because not all of the oil sticks to your food . . . I only use my daily required oil in cooking, should I be using it in salad dressings instead? I really think that my food adsorbs the oil while cooking as there is nothing left in the pan.
Yes, you should be using it separately from cooking oil. Unless the pan is completely bone-dry when you are cooking there is a layer of oil left on the pan.

Last edited by scorbett1103; 05-20-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnlean View Post
Has any one had any problems with IP and gout? My foot is swollen and extremely painful. After research, I have found that diets high in animal ptotein contribute to gout. I have an appointment at the podiatrist this afternoon to confirm.
I don't have gout. IP isn't really "high" in animal protein.
It isn't a high protein diet at all, rather moderate protein.
Most people are probably eating about the same amount of protein they did before, it just seems like more because we have cut so far back on carbs.

You can also find a lot of info on the internet that excess carbs can cause gout attacks.

I'm sorry you're having pain. I had big toe pain but it wasn't gout. I had another condition that required surgery.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #29  

Happy Monday everyone! I hope this week goes good for everyone!! Wishing an OP day to everyone
Old 05-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 232.2/ticker/132

Height: 5"4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
We do our best. Sometimes we are sick and recovery from illness comes first. This is always a good discussion to have with your coach ahead-of-time.
Chicken broth is helpful & having some veggies pureed in might work.
I get migraines also & have since childhood. I understand that some days you just can't eat. Some of the packets work better for me than others when I'm feeling bad. For some reason, the orange drink goes down pretty well.
Again, we just do our best and take care of ourselves the best we can.

I hear you! We're feeling so much better we REALLY want to get started!
Like Scorbett said, heavy exercise can actually slow the scale.
But if you want to add a walk or a bike ride or some yoga, something gentle, I HEAR YOU on wanting to feel better and we really DO feel better when our bodies move.
IP really isn't the time to start strenuous workout routines or train for races, etc without consulting with your coach.

As long as you're feeling good in Ketosis (which you are by now), just add that extra unrestricted (I tend to go for the lowest carb/calorie ones like the orange drink or the pink lemonade or some syntrax nectar). My exercise is Physical Therapy for my back, which has been healing quicker than I thought it would!

The trade-off is that the scale may slow a tad. Muscle weighs more than fat, remember!
Thanks Lisa and Scorbett - our awesome IP leaders!
I may be using the word "exercise" loosely. I am talking about a 1-2 mile walk in our neighborhood daily. I walk about one/week with family and dogs for fun, but want to do it daily now. I really like the idea of using the lowest calorie packet as sometimes the lemonade or orange drink tastes great - but doesn't fill me up for long. I will try your ideas and thanks for the feedback!
Closed Thread