Old 04-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

First craving hit today on day 5. I have never been a big fan of pizza so imagine my surprise when I smelled my fiance's pizza and wanted to tackle him, steal the slice, and shove the whole thing in my mouth!!! Luckily I reminded myself my usual feelings on pizza and forced down some mushroom soup! a small victory nonetheles!
kp0130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Down 2.2 today
Picked some different foods this week trying to spice it up a bit . Everyone have a great day, the sun if FINALLY shining in my town
Lucky on the sunshine! We are still snowing here and just learned tomorrow is a snow day for the schools!

Last edited by kp0130; 04-09-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #18  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Down 2.2 today
Picked some different foods this week trying to spice it up a bit . Everyone have a great day, the sun if FINALLY shining in my town
It's snowing like crazy here today, The weathermen are calling for 10 to 12 inches by the nights end.

but we need the moisture so bad, I am just curled up knitting!
MntRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #19  
Started IP: 4/10/13

S/C/G: 219/209/150

Height: 5'7

I START IP TOMORROW!!! I'm sooooo excited!!!
JBmustloseweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Weigh in today and down 1.4 pounds!

I would like to take a moment to ask everyone, just remember we are here to get healthy, be patient with yourselves as none of us got to the 'unhealthy' places we were at before beginning this journey overnight. I just see too many people getting stressed over little things, and honestly among all the other terrible things stress can do to our bodies, it can cause inflammation which in turn can lead to water retention. So lets all relax and if daily ups and downs are getting to you, please wait for your weekly weigh in. That being said, I would not skip your weekly weigh in.

Have an awesome day!
Very wise advice! IP is obsession by necessity but I agree that a lot of people are really hard on themselves. I hate seeing people so upset! There are so many people who have jumped so many big hurdles here and they need to give themselves a big pat on the back!
About the MIO water....I use it and find that it saves me from my cravings. That or a dill pickle, but I have to watch my salt intake. I loooove salt. LOL But everybody is different so I guess it is good to know in case I start to stall.
We are all in this together! Like the song, "I get knowcked down...but I get up again...ain't nothing gonna keep me down!" (Just the scale and sizes!!!!)

Last edited by DJ72; 04-09-2013 at 03:23 PM.
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Stick to the plan. You've got 4 days before WI and lots can happen between now and then. The few calories you save by not having a restricted are not going to make that much of a difference. Make sure you're getting all of your water and continue to stay the course. You'll have weeks where the scale might not move at all but you'll lose inches. That's still a loss. The program works the way it was designed and trying to "tweak" it doesn't help.
Thank you for the encouragement! This diet works! I just have to remember to be patient! It took two years to put on, I can give it a couple months to come off!
Jen02719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #22  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Down 2.4 lbs today!! Which is a major victory for me this week! Between TOM, having an awful head cold, and traveling for the weekend, I was fully expecting a gain. So 2.4 was a nice surprise! I'm so close to 50 lbs gone. Hopefully next week. Good luck to everyone this week, and congrats on the great WI's so far this week.
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Wink

Quote:
Down 2.2 today
I am so jealous! I am waiting for our sunshine back that we had last week when it was really starting to melt everthing, but no instead we got another 6 inches of snow last night. Pooh!
Enjoy yours for me please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp0130 View Post
First craving hit today on day 5. I have never been a big fan of pizza so imagine my surprise when I smelled my fiance's pizza and wanted to tackle him, steal the slice, and shove the whole thing in my mouth!!! Luckily I reminded myself my usual feelings on pizza and forced down some mushroom soup! a small victory nonetheles!
That is so funny because Friday was day 5 for me and my husband got McDonalds for the two younger boys. I have never cared to eat much McDonalds before, but I thought how much therapy would my 14 month and 6 year old would need if I swooped in, stole their happy meals out of their hands, and scarfed it down while doing a happy dance! Then I remembered that I was a grown woman and why I was doing this diet. I did however play that image in my head several times.

Quote:
Lucky on the sunshine! We are still snowing here and just learned tomorrow is a snow day for the schools!
What qualifies as a snow day for the schools? In Fairbanks, AK, they do not close the school for snow or even at -60 below. BRRRRRRRRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBmustloseweight View Post
I START IP TOMORROW!!! I'm sooooo excited!!!
JBmustloseweight. I am excited for you. You will feel so good on this diet and you will find so much encouragement and support on this site. Please check in and ask questions, post how you are doing, and let all your IP friends help you achieve your goal. Good Luck to You!
randygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 245/204/145

Height: 5'4''

Hi,

I had my 2nd WI last night and was down 3 lbs. DH was down 2. It's weird that for the first time in our lives I'm loosing faster than him, but then I've got a whole lot more to loose. I just feel bad for him that he's working so hard and not seeing more. Anyway, down is good is good!

I'm struggling more this week with being hungry than last which seems backwards. We'd been on Atkins induction before starting so IP so I really hadn't been anticipating being starving with the change since we were already in ketosis.

Anyone cooking something fun on P1 tonight? I've been perusing the recipes but am still looking for something we'll enjoy.

Have a great day!
Dancinintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #25  

Quote:
What qualifies as a snow day for the schools? In Fairbanks, AK, they do not close the school for snow or even at -60 below.
I have no idea what qualifies. Typically here in Pierre, SD they only close if the state offices close, so never! We are expecting around a foot this evening so they decided to close just to be safe. It's the first time in at least 8 years!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #26  
started IP 03/18/13

S/C/G: 233/174/180

Height: 6'

Had my wi yesterday and forgot to come post... Still in shock I guess....drumroll please
7lbs!

I'm going into week 4 and am down 20pounds!!!
cdnmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #27  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
That made me laugh, thanks!!! Here's my fix for pizza: chicken breast, smothered in "pizza sauce" (tomato sauce, splenda, spices) with onions, mushrooms, peppers, etc. Nummy!!!
newday2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #28  
started IP 03/18/13

S/C/G: 233/174/180

Height: 6'

Trying to find the info...no luck? When can I have a signature and ticker? Thanks!

Eta..found it..first page of this thread sheesh lol

Last edited by cdnmomof2; 04-09-2013 at 05:13 PM.
cdnmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancinintherain View Post
Hi,

I had my 2nd WI last night and was down 3 lbs. DH was down 2. It's weird that for the first time in our lives I'm loosing faster than him, but then I've got a whole lot more to loose. I just feel bad for him that he's working so hard and not seeing more. Anyway, down is good is good!

I'm struggling more this week with being hungry than last which seems backwards. We'd been on Atkins induction before starting so IP so I really hadn't been anticipating being starving with the change since we were already in ketosis.

Anyone cooking something fun on P1 tonight? I've been perusing the recipes but am still looking for something we'll enjoy.

Have a great day!
Last night I made a stir fry with chicken, cabbage, broccoli, red and yellow peppers, and some green onions. Took 4oz of meat and cooked it in 1tbl of olive oil with 1tbl of soy sauce, 1tbl of apple cider vinager, 1/2 tsp ginger, and 1/2 tsp of chili powder. It was really good and spice to it. You can easily change the meat option or the veggies. Enjoy!

Quote:
I have no idea what qualifies. Typically here in Pierre, SD they only close if the state offices close, so never! We are expecting around a foot this evening so they decided to close just to be safe. It's the first time in at least 8 years!
Enjoy your snow day! I'm ready for our summer and our 24 hour a day sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnmomof2 View Post
Had my wi yesterday and forgot to come post... Still in shock I guess....drumroll please
7lbs!

I'm going into week 4 and am down 20pounds!!!
WOW! :c arrot:
What a great week. Keep going!
randygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #30  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
In Northern Ontario, if the buses are pulled off the road, schools remain open, teachers are expected to report to work. Closing a school is very rare, maybe happens once a year...and then the parents are still angry because they have to find daycare!! Yeah, I'm a teacher...
newday2013 is offline   Reply With Quote