Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #91  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Just checking in between coats of paint! NSV...getting dressed this morning, I looked in the mirror and said to my hubby, "Look at my stomach!" He says, "Hey I can see the first two cans in your six pack!" ROFL! I am starting to see abs! OMG!!! I haven't seen my abs in years!

So glad I've started working out again...I've watched the scale all week and I am seeing my weight stay the same but I am seeing the numbers for fat% going down and the numbers for muscle % going up so I'd say that's a good trend! PLUS I HAVE ABS!!!!

Last edited by mrskuby; 04-07-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #92  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann306 View Post
Hello, Iam just new and have posted a couple of times. I have been on ip for about 1.5 months and have lost 20 pounds. So happy with the weight loss but not happy about the hair loss. Has anyone experienced this and what did u do? Please help!
WELCOME!
Congrats on your WL so far - 20 lbs, that's terrific!

I scrolled back to find a couple of Threads regarding hair loss. Read them both, lots of good info and they will tell you what supplements to take if you are interested in that route. Good Luck!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...hair-loss.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...8044-wigs.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudithL View Post
I sat across from a friend last night over dinner at my favorite restaurant, eating my baked chicken breast with steamed veggies (ohhh sooooo goood) and after she asked me how much weight I've lost (66 pounds) proceeds to tell me how low carb diets don't work. I pointed out that, clearly, they do, look at me!!! She then told me that the reason she doesn't lose weight is because her husband likes her the way she is, and is my husband wanting me to lose weight, is that why I'm doing it???
I was shocked into silence. Momentarily. Then I let her have it with both barrels. *grin*
The gall of some people! Is she a good friend? Do you think it stems from jealousy? I think she is probably reflecting her own inner-convesations that she has with herself regarding why she hasn't/doesn't lose her weight - onto you! I'm glad you blasted her back some; what she did is still rude. BTW, aren't you a lawyer???
Congrats on 66 lbs loss. That is so cool!
Might be a little to forward, but I would've said something like the sex is so much better thinner! I find the only way you can respond to people like that is to say outrageous things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by De11s View Post
Happy Sunday everyone!! Hope everyone is well. Looks like everyone is having a super OP weekend, great job to all.
Just noticed how CLOSE you are to goal! WTG!
You got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This was on Facebook the other day
Reminds me of conversations with naysayers
PERFECT!
Don't the naysayers (even MD's) realize what a oxymoron that is???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
NSV...getting dressed this morning, I looked in the mirror and said to my hubby, "Look at my stomach!" He says, "Hey I can see the first two cans in your six pack!" ROFL! I am starting to see abs! OMG!!! I haven't seen my abs in years!

So glad I've started working out again...I've watched the scale all week and I am seeing my weight stay the same but I am seeing the numbers for fat% going down and the numbers for muscle % going up so I'd say that's a good trend! PLUS I HAVE ABS!!!!
Yeah, abs. Wonderful NSV.
I love your postive attitude regarding exercising, what the scale may now reflect, and understanding that the gaining muscle is vitally more important than the lower readout on the scale.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to my FIRST yoga class this morning. I specifically chose a place that would be low-key. There was only 7 of us and the instructor and she explained things well since I told her I was a newbie. Great experience! Plan to make this a normal part of my week! ~Jen
Old 04-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #93  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I sat across from a friend last night over dinner at my favorite restaurant, eating my baked chicken breast with steamed veggies (ohhh sooooo goood) and after she asked me how much weight I've lost (66 pounds) proceeds to tell me how low carb diets don't work. I pointed out that, clearly, they do, look at me!!! She then told me that the reason she doesn't lose weight is because her husband likes her the way she is, and is my husband wanting me to lose weight, is that why I'm doing it???

I was shocked into silence. Momentarily. Then I let her have it with both barrels.

*grin*
Good for you!!!!

Quote:
Haha...I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Just checking in between coats of paint! NSV...getting dressed this morning, I looked in the mirror and said to my hubby, "Look at my stomach!" He says, "Hey I can see the first two cans in your six pack!" ROFL! I am starting to see abs! OMG!!! I haven't seen my abs in years!

Good bye fat, hello abs!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

oh Jen - "Might be a little to forward, but I would've said something like the sex is so much better thinner! I find the only way you can respond to people like that is to say outrageous things!"
Thank you for my daily giggle

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm busy helping my DIL to be strip and refinish a gorgeous old dining table and chairs for their new house.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #95  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Hi all,

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I enjoyed the weekend chat immensely. (Weekends have proven to be a bit more challenging than the weekdays) I appreciate the encouraging posts and reading about everyone's challenges and victories. Together we can and we are doing this!

The dancing carrot cracks me up!

Question: I have lost a grand total of about 55 pounds. In my closet is a ton of clothes of every size I have ever been for the past 20 years!! I have not been able to get down into the next smaller size in my closet, even with this much lost. I am losing all over, but apparently the midsection (which is what is preventing me from wearing my "new" wardrobe)is the holdup. What has your experience been?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #96  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Question: I have lost a grand total of about 55 pounds. In my closet is a ton of clothes of every size I have ever been for the past 20 years!! I have not been able to get down into the next smaller size in my closet, even with this much lost. I am losing all over, but apparently the midsection (which is what is preventing me from wearing my "new" wardrobe)is the holdup. What has your experience been?
My midsection was the slowest to loose also, but it eventually started to even out. Stick with it and you will eventually start changing sizes. Before you know it you'll be switching sizes every 4-6 weeks.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #97  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann306 View Post
Hello, Iam just new and have posted a couple of times. I have been on ip for about 1.5 months and have lost 20 pounds. So happy with the weight loss but not happy about the hair loss. Has anyone experienced this and what did u do? Please help!
I've had some severe hair loss. Not sure it's the diet though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cropped After.jpg (13.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #98  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post

Love it!!! Same with my Hubby!

Seriously tho, OP......I have experienced very little hair loss (been doing this for 3 months). I AM taking Biotin. Perhaps that is why? When I did IP back in 2011 I believe I lost more then (but wasn't taking Biotin).

Last edited by disgal; 04-07-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #99  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
So so so excited! 4.7 more lbs until ONEDERLAND!

This week I lost 3.8 lbs for a total of 52.4 lbs since 11/28/12. I still can't believe it!

I love that I also switched to alternatives and saved a ton of money!
Yay yay!! You will be in Onederland in no time!! And isn't it amazing how much you can save using Alternatives?? I wish I had switched a loooong time ago!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivebynotthru View Post
Disgal- I sure hope your son feels better soon. I have a 10 yr old and a 2 yr old with autism and I understand the struggles to stay on plan when your world is revolving around what's going on with your children. ( i also have a 2yr old girl, I don't want to leave her out) and a big shout out to all you ST out there. You are amazing and my life would be so much crazier without you! God bless.
God Bless you and yours. People keep telling me that God only gives Special Needs kids to parents who can handle them. I don't know WHAT HE was thinking!! I do not wish to handle this!! Boohoo!

OK....pity party over.

Quote:

I was shocked into silence. Momentarily. Then I let her have it with both barrels.

*grin*
YOU GO GIRL!!! The NERVE of some people!! Jeez!!!

Quote:
Love this! Thanks Lisa!!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #100  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Hi all,

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I enjoyed the weekend chat immensely. (Weekends have proven to be a bit more challenging than the weekdays) I appreciate the encouraging posts and reading about everyone's challenges and victories. Together we can and we are doing this!

The dancing carrot cracks me up!

I am just finally seeing a change in my mid-section...stick with the plan! It will come off! I have abs now!!

Quote:
:rof l:
Old 04-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
I've got myself in a hissy again. I was just reading the nutrition info for all the great sytrax powders I got.... Are the envelopes/packets1 serving? The packets themselves are reading like they are 4 servings! BAH! And is the syntrax matrix safe for P1 like the syntrax nectar?
I scoop or 1 packet = 100 cals
1 serving
For some reason they also have nutritional info for 1/4 scoop
Confusing.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #102  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
I scoop or 1 packet = 100 cals
1 serving
For some reason they also have nutritional info for 1/4 scoop
Confusing.
It's because Syntrax Nectars were originally created for bariatric surgery patients. 1/4 packet is about what a surgically reduced stomach can handle.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #103  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
LOL - seriously you made me bust up laughing thank you!

Hey, all - with the amazing 10 months of vegetables so far (and not just bought and left to die a slow death in the veggie drawer as we used to do either), and the future being vegetable related, DH and I went to Costco and got a compost tumbler today! Here's the one that Costco has right now for $150 http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-60072...poster+tumbler We are getting a few chickens later this summer too which will add coop sweepings to the compost. I'm excited that all the leaves, peels, cores will be put back to use in our own garden rather than go to a landfill. Edit to add - chickens like veggie scraps too - but 4 girls won't be eating that many scraps. I won't forget my girls veggie treats too

Last edited by Halfagain; 04-07-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #104  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post

Hey, all - with the amazing 10 months of vegetables so far (and not just bought and left to die a slow death in the veggie drawer as we used to do either), and the future being vegetable related, DH and I went to Costco and got a compost tumbler today! Here's the one that Costco has right now for $150 http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-60072...poster+tumbler We are getting a few chickens later this summer too which will add coop sweepings to the compost. I'm excited that all the leaves, peels, cores will be put back to use in our own garden rather than go to a landfill. Edit to add - chickens like veggie scraps too - but 4 girls won't be eating that many scraps. I won't forget my girls veggie treats too
So jealous! I want chickens! I live in an association so there are rules against having livestock...but there are also rues against having a dump in your yard ...and there are quite a few of those around here! LOL Seriously, have you had chickens before? I have cats so I kinda worry that they would hurt the chickens...

Speaking of veggies/change in diet...I roasted a head of cauliflower today. I figured I'd have some for lunch then have leftovers...nope! I salted the whole pan and I've been picking at it all day! I'll be eating a lettuce salad for dinner with my beef roast tonite!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post

DH and I are thinking about chickens as well. We may need to look into the compost tumbler.
Closed Thread