Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #226  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Maile, that is so beautifully put!! Thank you for posting that!

I definitely want to live with the third choice.

BTW - today is my first day of P4 - maintenance, so reading that today will lay the foundation for my future eating.

Yesterday in the late afternoon I attended an annual reception. Of course, there were many delicious goodies. Last year at this time I attended it and I was 85 pounds heavier. I had just learned about IP and was considering it, although it would be another month before I could begin. I remembered how I felt. Yesterday I felt wonderful! I actually had planned to eat some of the goodies, but did not feel that I wanted to. I had a few candied pecans and a few little sausages, but the other rich foods (It's Louisiana, folks.) did not "call to me." I went home and cooked some amazing roasted rutabaga, zucchini, and red peppers and baked some deliciously seasoned chicken breasts. It was all so yummy and felt like a big treat.

Life is strange - and wonderful. Of course, all of the compliments at the reception didn't hurt either...
Old 05-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #227  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Maile - what a thoughtful post - love how it describes the 'life style' that's necessary for this weight maintenance. ITA with what it says... I have my splurges from time to time, but am always mindful of what I'm eating and don't feel restricted or deprived. I also am very aware of keeping an eye on what the scale says on a regular basis and acting accordingly... doing all I can to protect my newly acquired slim body. Previously, I would have gone right back to the 'I'm off the diet' mentality, and been into everything and anything with abandon.

Joysh - Welcome to maintenance!

Dizzyjean - Nice to see you here again!

Ishbel - TOPS does sound like a good group. I'll have to investigate whether there's a local chapter in my city. A weekly group of this sort could be a good reinforcement.

Wingnut/Molly - Glad to read that you got your dialup internet situ resolved. We need you here... often!

Not much news at my end. All is pretty much as usual, and things are still going well on the maintenance-front. I do have my days were I've slid up a couple of pounds, but can invariably trace it to water retention due to some higher-sodium thing I've eaten the previous day. So just cutting back on sodium and carbs for a day and making doubly sure I drink at least 80oz of water has been doing the trick.

My new job is still keeping me very busy and preoccupied. Sure does make the day fly by.

And thank goodness...... We've finally got some gorgeous summer-like weather in Central Ontario! We somehow skipped spring and hopped directly to summer weather. Love it! Iff this continues, I'll soon need to put my window fans in!

Cheers everyone - hope you're all doing well.

Last edited by evepet; 05-02-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #228  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

I know this link has been posted. I thought I saved it to my desktop, but I can't seem to find it. Forgive me for asking again, but does anyone have the Phase 4 meal planner? There was a wonderful template that someone made and I've looked through the older threads and can't find it.

Other than that, all is well with me. Today was my first real day on P4. I added 1 oz of natural cheddar at lunchtime. Right after dinner I had a little bit (less than 1/4 cup) of my crunchy granola as my carb. I'm not sure that I'll always add the fat or carb.

Evepet, I'm thinking of you and the pizza. This is the last week of classes and one of my graduate students told me he's making me a homemade pizza and bringing it tomorrow. I have not had pizza in 10 months. I guess I'll have one piece and call it lunch. Then I'll come home and have my veggies. I know pizza is fat and carb all rolled up together, but I think one piece will be ok.

Last edited by joysh; 05-03-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #229  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. Great post Maile.

Weird thing happened to me today. Came back from having lunch at Subway and it was cold outside. My fingers turned a yellow color looking almost dead and my fingers went numb. It lasted maybe a half hour. Doing a little googling and a Doctor visit and it sounds like Raynauds disease. My hands and feet have been cold throughout this whole diet. The Dr did some blood tests that I'll find out Monday on. Anyone familiar with Raynauds? It was scary. I have also had slight headaches lately that I don't usually have. Have been drinking some coffee in the mornings.
Thanks.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #230  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post

Weird thing happened to me today. Came back from having lunch at Subway and it was cold outside. My fingers turned a yellow color looking almost dead and my fingers went numb. It lasted maybe a half hour. Doing a little googling and a Doctor visit and it sounds like Raynauds disease. My hands and feet have been cold throughout this whole diet. The Dr did some blood tests that I'll find out Monday on. Anyone familiar with Raynauds? It was scary. I have also had slight headaches lately that I don't usually have. Have been drinking some coffee in the mornings.
Thanks.
Not a maintainer but love reading this thread. Beck- I have a dear friend who has raynauds and you just have to keep warm! Tough in Wisconsin I know, but she has had some scared episodes and it has progressed into something worse- not to scare you! She has heating blankets and these little cozy spots warmers that she uses on her hands and feet when they do what yours did. SHe also lives in cuddl duds all winter along with heavy sweaters. On another note those little blue pills for men have become her friend on bad days because of the circulation help. It's manageable just stay warm!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #231  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post
Not a maintainer but love reading this thread. Beck- I have a dear friend who has raynauds and you just have to keep warm! Tough in Wisconsin I know, but she has had some scared episodes and it has progressed into something worse- not to scare you! She has heating blankets and these little cozy spots warmers that she uses on her hands and feet when they do what yours did. SHe also lives in cuddl duds all winter along with heavy sweaters. On another note those little blue pills for men have become her friend on bad days because of the circulation help. It's manageable just stay warm!
Thanks for the info, Amber.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #232  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I hope you get some answers Beck. I've never heard of Raynauds before so have no help I can offer...just wanted to wish you well.

So I'm back from Jamaica and still maintaining well. I did put on a few lbs while away but it's already gone this week so I think it was not drinking all my water while I was away (that and the desserts I'm sure). I didn't even bother doing any P1 or P2 this week since returning. Just ate the way I was before I left and it all worked out. I was so worried that I would put on all the weight I lost which I know is impossible in one week but....I was quite nervous to stand on the scale when I got home. Deep down I knew it wouldn't be much as my clothes weren't any tighter and except for a bit of bloating in my tummy I looked the same. It was so nice to not worry about having pictures taken especially with me in my bikini. It's a first for me since I was a teenager.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 232/177/145

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=Ishbel;4726033]Joy TOPS - Take Off Pounds Sensibly...it's a weight support group. I pay 30 dollars a year for membership and 5 dollars a month for rent of the room we use weekly. It always was a part of my weight maintenance plan. The group I'm in, I've been in for 5 years and it's all about support. We have weekly meetings where we talk about our week, what was good what was bad. We have programs and we weigh in. Its a support group. They all knew I was on IP and supported me, no one else is on IP. Some people are following Tosca Rena's program, three other people are following three other different programs. We all support everyone. Once you hit your goal you become a KOP Keep Off Pounds Sensibly and you have a 10 lbs leeway, 3 lbs over your goal and 7 lbs under your goal that you are allowed (it must be approved by your doctor). I am consitently under that goal, I added a few lbs to it (it's 167 there) because it's after supper and in the evening and I usually wear jeans lol. At the end of the year if you've met your goal they tally up everyone's results and if you lost the most weight then you are Queen of the province. I was Queen Runner Up and I had everyone saying "princess" by the end of the day LMAO.

It's like WW only just support and encouragement. Some in my group have become very good friends that I'll keep for a long long time. They give you ideas (weekly programs) and have their own weight loss program but you don't have to follow it. It really helps me with my mid-week weigh in. Each year that you keep your weight off you get a year pin, so next year I will get #1 as a pin. Many ladies are 25 and over and there are some that are 9-10 years and some that are 1. It was very cool.

THEN during the Provincial Recognition Days (it's probably State Recognition Days down there)...they also have people in the PROCESS of losing their weight. They all speak. So it's very inspirational.

www.tops.org (not sure if I'm allowed to put that in here, if it gets removed and you don't know whats ahead of this sentence then it's not allowed)

Ishbel, thank you for the information about TOPS. My mother was a TOPS member and I can remember going to meetings with her when I was 3 or 4 years old. I had completely forgotten about it.

I'm not in maintenance yet, 68 lbs down, 15 to go. My biggest fear is unwinding all of this goodness and happy progress, post IP. The last 20 lbs are proving to be the most challenging for me. I need more than a rushed 10 - 15 minutes of weighing & measuring with my distracted IP coach. I get 99% of my support from you and the other smart, generous and knowledgeable people who post here every day.

I just looked at the TOPS website and watched the videos. So inspirational. One woman talked about it being a supportive and *safe* place, instead of punitive like so many programs. I've found a local chapter in my town. They offer a free first meeting. In addition to reading everyone's posts here, TOPS sounds like it will help me stay the course for the rest of the weight loss and after.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #234  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post

Thanks.
Beck - sorry to hear this - sounds scary. I hope your Dr can figure it out soon!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Maile- I really enjoyed your post. It is in such synchronicity with where I'm at right now. Because being 'on a diet' does in fact lead to being 'off a diet'. The world is a much calmer, happier place when one chooses to eat well because it makes them feel well... and not because they 'have' to.
I've made peace with my gain. Watching what I eat and how much of it while giving myself a bit of leeway to enjoy a glass of wine. Exercising (cause I love it! Those feel good endorphins just can't be beat ) a few times a week... so that it stays something I'm doing because I enjoy it not because it's a chore that needs to be completed.
I still love catching up with all of you... and I am very proud to have been a part of this group. Making good decisions... for the right reasons...takes time but it is such a worthwhile goal...
Ishbel- You more than deserve to be a beautiful princess not once but twice in one year! Congrats are due all round!
KitKat- try to fall back on veggies... if you're looking for a convenience food to graze on... they are so satiating and fairly easy to come across at convenience stores even. Edo is great if you order their shrimp dish cooked in water with no sauce and no rice. It makes a great alternative to salad...
Becky- that does sound concerning... you'll have to update us when you find out what it is for sure.
Liz- congrats on the meds reduction! There is no greater reward than health
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Cap
I can only say look at the precision nutrition site. It has really been helping me this year. No crazy diets, slow but steady change. Maybe...
Old 05-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Cheeky skeeter
You rock that bikini
Old 05-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #238  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Cheekyskeeter, You look lovely in that bikini! I am glad your trip went well and that you are bacl at your goal. I bet Jamaica was lovely.
Beck81: I don't know anything about raynauds but I hope you get something to help you. When are you going to see your doctor?
Joysh: That was sweet of your student to make you a pizza. If you eat a low carb breakfast, it might balance that piece. Hooray for your last week of school. I have got 4 weeks left. I do not have the link for Phase 4. How fun to be 85 pounds lighter at that reception!
Evepet: I liked the post for the same reasons. It defined maintenance as not being on a diet, but as a lifestyle choice that yes, must be worked on..but is not constantly dieting. I am glad you like your new job and Ontario! Your move went well.

Dizzyjean: I have had that reaction also..when you are in the upper range of your goal weight, you can feel uncomfortable and worry that you are gaining it back. It does get easier with time! You know you can get back down!

Cap: I liked that article for the same reason. It defined that as we maintain, we have a different mindset from the off/on diet mentality. You sound focused and positive about your eating choices. Exercise is a valued part of my life also.

My son is here from South Carolina. I knew making cognac steak would result in that scale moving. Low low carb day today!

Last edited by Maile; 05-04-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

quick post for Cap

May the 4th be with you!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #240  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
quick post for Cap

May the 4th be with you!
May the 4th be with you too!

And don't forget Monday - Revenge of the 6th!
Closed Thread