Old 02-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/152/145

Height: 5'4

Question Question about TOM - sorry guys!

Good Morning All!! I have a questions about TOM and your experiences. I have a call into my Dr. on what to do, but wanted to see if any of you have had this problem. I've been on IP or IP Alternative for a month now and have lost about 11lbs. I think this is wonderful since I've been stuck at a plateau for over a year now!! I can see that my clothes are changing as well and I love this diet! However, in the first month I have had TOM come almost two weeks early and last almost two weeks. Not very heavy, but just the nagging blah that drives me loco. It's been a week since that and now it's back already! Ugh! I was just wondering if any of you have had this problem and if y'all had any solutions from your Dr's on it. I can deal with it but it really gets in the way of things I'd rather be doing! I have insulin reistance and I don't think that's causing any issues, but it's all so new to me, so I really have no idea.
Thanks for any info and thanks for being such a supportive forum! Y'all rock!!
DontGiveUp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #2  

My TOM was all over the place the whole time. Early, late, heavy, light... I think it is just one of those wonderful side effects of this diet My coach explained that our 'fat' is a 3rd ovary. As we lose weight all the hormones are released and can cause chaos with TOM.
Mandi85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #3  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

I have problems with it too. I started BC close to the time I started Ideal protein. So I get TOM twice a month now generally. One comes about 4 days before I start the placebo pills and the other comes halfway through the placebo pills. I even tried adjusting BC pills so I would only get it once and it still started 4 days before! I gave up caring; I figure it will straighten itself out once my weight stops dropping so dramatically.
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/152/145

Height: 5'4

Thanks Ladies! That's pretty much what my Dr told me. THey said that the diet will do this to me. However, she told me to track myself for a month and then report back to them. They may ask me to go in to get an ultrasound and make sure I don't have any cysts causing the issue. I had a problem with cysts last year and is how they figured out I had insulin resistance. Blah! THanks for the info but Booooooooo to TOM!!
DontGiveUp17 is offline   Reply With Quote