Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Mmm I love roasted asparagus with mushrooms and garlic. Asparagus is SO expensive right now though. Maybe I still have a bag of the frozen stuff in my freezer...
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Cucumbers-always light and refreshing

Zucchini-steamed with WF pancake syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom (Yum for the faux apple)

Mushroom puree (immersion blend mushroom, garlic, sea salt and black pepper with a small amount of ff/low sodium chicken broth) simmer chicken, fish or shrimp in it

Also enjoying celery, green pepper, romaine lettuce and broccoli

getting sick of cauliflower

Last edited by WorldTraveleronIP; 01-29-2013 at 10:01 PM.
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #18  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Roasted veggies - I love what roasting does to them, doesn't matter what they are!

Rutabaga - my new BFF.

Jicama - in my oatmeal or with cinnamon & splenda as an apple substitute. I even made a salsa with it for dinner tonight!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 232/177/145

Height: 5'5"

Swiss chard sauted with EVOO, garlic, sea salt, pepper and green onion.
Kale chips tossed wtih Penzey's Northwoods Seasoning.
Roasted cauliflower, mushrooms, zucchini & mini bell peppers with Annie's Roasted Garlic Olive Oil

Never very big on cucumber but now obsessed with "The Salad" as it's known at my house. My husband will ask, "are we having The Salad tonight?"
The Salad
-Thinly sliced cucumber, celery & green onions
-Shredded zucchini

Toss with "The Vinaigrette" (came up with this on day 1 of IP - now my fav)
Juice of one lemon plus the zest
2 T. cider vinegar
2 T. rice vinegar
3 T. whole grain mustard
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 shallot, minced
garlic sea salt - 1/2 to 1 tsp
pepper
1 T. salt-free seasoning blend such as Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute or Penzey's Tuscan Sunset
1/2 c. to 3/4 c. grapeseed oil - I like Napa Valley Naturals brand -- gorgeous green color. I like a tart, acidic salad dressing, so I tend to use less oil.

The cucumber salad is even better the next day. Keeps well for 3 - 4 days, becomes slightly pickled. I put a scoop on top of mixed greens. Travels well for work lunch.
petchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #20  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petchef View Post
Swiss chard sauted with EVOO, garlic, sea salt, pepper and green onion.
Kale chips tossed wtih Penzey's Northwoods Seasoning.
Roasted cauliflower, mushrooms, zucchini & mini bell peppers with Annie's Roasted Garlic Olive Oil

Never very big on cucumber but now obsessed with "The Salad" as it's known at my house. My husband will ask, "are we having The Salad tonight?"
The Salad
-Thinly sliced cucumber, celery & green onions
-Shredded zucchini

Toss with "The Vinaigrette" (came up with this on day 1 of IP - now my fav)
Juice of one lemon plus the zest
2 T. cider vinegar
2 T. rice vinegar
3 T. whole grain mustard
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 shallot, minced
garlic sea salt - 1/2 to 1 tsp
pepper
1 T. salt-free seasoning blend such as Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute or Penzey's Tuscan Sunset
1/2 c. to 3/4 c. grapeseed oil - I like Napa Valley Naturals brand -- gorgeous green color. I like a tart, acidic salad dressing, so I tend to use less oil.

The cucumber salad is even better the next day. Keeps well for 3 - 4 days, becomes slightly pickled. I put a scoop on top of mixed greens. Travels well for work lunch.
That sounds really good. Thanks for sharing it.

I love love love jicama. I am always so excited to see it in a salad. I've been eating a lot of peppers--red, orange, yellow, green...and tons of cucumbers. I am going to need to mix it up soon.

But I have to be honest...sometimes I start gagging when eating too many veggies. It's not that I think they taste bad -- my body just doesn't want anymore.
Ojenchilada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

I love raw turnip - great as a crunchy snack and filling too!
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote