Old 03-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

I've looked at Whole Foods and our Natural Grocer here in Denver..can't find it (frozen or fresh). I recall seeing it this past summer but have not seen it since. I guess I will wait for the farmer markets to re-open in May.
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTraveleronIP View Post
I've looked at Whole Foods and our Natural Grocer here in Denver..can't find it (frozen or fresh). I recall seeing it this past summer but have not seen it since. I guess I will wait for the farmer markets to re-open in May.
I've been checking all of my local grocery stores (and even driving a ways) for rhubarb, nada. As soon as i start seeing it, i'll probably buy it in bulk, chop it into two cup portions and foodsave and freeze it. Won't have to worry about it next winter!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
I've been checking all of my local grocery stores (and even driving a ways) for rhubarb, nada. As soon as i start seeing it, i'll probably buy it in bulk, chop it into two cup portions and foodsave and freeze it. Won't have to worry about it next winter!
Great idea! I will keep looking as well...the one place I have not gone is Safeway, so I will check there next.
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Small world, we use to live in North Attleboro but now live in Dartmouth MA. We love Trader Joe's, normally go to the one in Hyannis, think there is one in Warwick RI also.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Small world, we use to live in North Attleboro but now live in Dartmouth MA. We love Trader Joe's, normally go to the one in Hyannis, think there is one in Warwick RI also.
Very small world. I am in Dartmouth too, there are quite a few of us from right around this area. I think we fight over some of our favorites at Market Basket . I will have to checkout the Trader Joe's in Hyannis, I didn't know there was one there. I haven't been for many years (used to go to Framingham when I lived out that way).
kileymed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
You're in RI, right? Are there ShopRite's in your area? My local one carries it, and they store it next to the frozen, chopped bags of onions.

Worth a shot!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
You're in RI, right? Are there ShopRite's in your area? My local one carries it, and they store it next to the frozen, chopped bags of onions.

Worth a shot!
Yup, i'm in Rhode Island. I have a Shop Rite about 30 minutes from me. I stopped in a while back, but no frozen rhubarb. I scoured their veggie and fruit section to no avail. However, they do have a pretty decent selection of WF, so i picked up a few of those. I'm going to call the closest Whole Foods and see if they can order me a case of rhubarb (and see how much it costs).
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTraveleronIP View Post
Great idea! I will keep looking as well...the one place I have not gone is Safeway, so I will check there next.
My Safeway has safeway brand frozen rhubarb. It's Canada though so not sure about yours, but worth a try.
ladylunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

I hope those of you who are having difficulty finding it can get a hold of some! I am really enjoying rhubarb sauce mixed with the raspberry jello as a bedtime snack on nights when I want something warm and comforting.
GreatLakes86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #55  

So I decided to bump the rhubarb thread b/c rhubarb is back in season AND because I found something

A lot of people mix rhubarb with sugar-free jello (if they don't want to use a packet) but jello brand has aspartame

So, I was planning on using plain gelatin (like Knox) and Mio

And then I found this:

Golden choice sugar-free gelatin. This link only show how to buy wholesale

Then I found it being sold on eBay

Just FYI for anyone interested
In the meantime, today's rhubarb is made with plain gelatin and Mio
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I just came across that while searching for Splenda sweetened flavored gelatin. If you order it before I do please let me know how it is!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #57  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
So I decided to bump the rhubarb thread b/c rhubarb is back in season AND because I found something

A lot of people mix rhubarb with sugar-free jello (if they don't want to use a packet) but jello brand has aspartame

So, I was planning on using plain gelatin (like Knox) and Mio

And then I found this:

Golden choice sugar-free gelatin. This link only show how to buy wholesale

Just FYI for anyone interested
In the meantime, today's rhubarb is made with plain gelatin and Mio
I like to stew my rhubarb in the microwave with WF strawberyy syrup and I add Knox which I dissolve in water first for rhubarb jello. I little WF marshmallow cream mixed in is good also.
Beck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I also cooked mine in the microwave last night with WF strawberry syrup. Instead of mixing with jello, I let it cool and blended it with IP strawberry pudding, ice, and extra water. It was delicious, even my bf wanted some lol.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'3"

I like to stew rhubarb using a bit of orange zest, splenda, cardamom, and fresh ginger. It is also tasty to use tea as the liquid.

Last edited by Ruti; 05-27-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Ruti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #60  

My Whole Foods has it by the frozen vegetables, as it is a vegie. Another store a little way over has it by the fruit. So check both. They also go out of stock regularly.

My Vons (Safeway) has fresh rhubarb. I've been buying them out every other week, cut into pieces then freeze in big ziplock bags.
canic is offline   Reply With Quote