Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #46  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

TOM has finally left the building so im hoping for a nice whoosh when i weigh in on friday!! moving into my new house this weekend and im so excited! i have so much packing to do so im definitely getting some exercise! hope everyone has a great OP day! I know i will
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #47  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
I have had the same experience...I sleep really well (better than I have in years actually) while I am sleeping but I do wake up to pee usually once around 12-1 am then again around 5 am...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Yikes -- sorry you two! I hit the pillow, and I'm out till mornin'! Of course I don't go to SLEEP till midnight, so whether I get 6 hrs is debateable. But if in doubt as your dr. about the frequency of having to get up.

Really, we are drinking a lot of water, so it may make sense that you have to go more than when you weren't drinking enough.

Edit: Upon reflection I realized that I don't sleep all night but for diff reason -- I have a sleepwalking kid that sqwacks all night long and yells "Mom" every few hours. I just WISHED I was out till morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
evepet- same here. I try not to drink any water after 8pm, so then I only have to get up once maybe twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
Evpet- I usually get up once during the night to go to the bathroom. I have no trouble falling back to sleep and feel well rested every morning. I do tend to drink water until I go to bed but I am fine with it because I feel so good in the morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
I found this online:

A high-protein diet is a diet in which 20 percent or more of your calories each day come from protein. It also emphasizes a restriction on carbohydrates, causing the body to burn stored body fat rather than glucose for energy. This process is called "ketosis," which is possibly one reason why you may urinate more when you follow a protein diet. A more likely reason is the fact that a protein diets generally includes increased water consumption
Quote:
Kind of makes sense:

Protein Diets and KetosisKetosis occurs when the body takes in less than 100g of carbohydrates per day. Protein diets typically limit carb intake to less than 50g per day--and many keep it at less than 20g per day during the first two weeks (also known as the "induction" phase). This causes the body to form ketones, or molecules that form during the breakdown of fat. Most ketones are harmless and are even beneficial when used for energy. However, acetone is a ketone that is not used for energy, and is simply emitted from the body as waste. This is possibly one reason why someone following a protein diet may tend to urinate frequently.

SummaryMedical experts have expressed concern about the long-term effects of high protein diets on the kidneys, liver and heart. However, such plans have proven to assist with weight loss, and there is no evidence that protein diets will have a negative impact on overall health. Either way, chances are that anyone who urinates frequently while following a protein plan is doing things right--as it likely means the increased water intake and ketosis are simply at work.
Thanks guys for responding. I guess I could probably cut back on my nightly 'interruptions' by starting to limit liquids earlier in the evening. I tend to enjoy drinking a couple of cups of decaf tea fairly late into the evening too, and that no doubt contributes to my frequent 'wake-ups'. I feel good and never feel tired, so I'm not too worried about it.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #48  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Surviving my Vegas Vacation

After 4 long days in Vegas (Where I lost more money than weight), I came away with (according to my trusty home scale) a one pound loss. I will take this small victory knowing that I didn't partake in any alcoholic beverages and stayed true to IP. Some of the difficulties I faced (besides the flashing lights and enticing music played by very unkind and evil machines) were having olive oil and eating every 4 hours. I did have the protein, veggies and carried around my RTD's but when you stay up 18 hours a day it becomes difficult to monitor every little thing. So those of you that are planning vacations - you can make it happen if you choose. I had a great time and every restaurant were very accommodating to my request. Now it's time to get serious and very strict again with IP...Happy MLK Day everyone!
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #49  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Good for you for resisting at least SOME of the temptation of Sin City With all the "all you can eat buffets" there, you did well!
(Just a question: did you do your weigh ins with your wallet on?? Maybe that explains the loss on your return
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #50  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
After 4 long days in Vegas (Where I lost more money than weight), I came away with (according to my trusty home scale) a one pound loss. I will take this small victory knowing that I didn't partake in any alcoholic beverages and stayed true to IP. Some of the difficulties I faced (besides the flashing lights and enticing music played by very unkind and evil machines) were having olive oil and eating every 4 hours. I did have the protein, veggies and carried around my RTD's but when you stay up 18 hours a day it becomes difficult to monitor every little thing. So those of you that are planning vacations - you can make it happen if you choose. I had a great time and every restaurant were very accommodating to my request. Now it's time to get serious and very strict again with IP...Happy MLK Day everyone!
THAT'S FANTASTIC! Who knows, maybe you will drop a few more quickly since traveling always seems to cause water gain...Or that just us women? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Good for you for resisting at least SOME of the temptation of Sin City With all the "all you can eat buffets" there, you did well!
(Just a question: did you do your weigh ins with your wallet on?? Maybe that explains the loss on your return
Haha!! Love the wallet comment!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #51  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Hi Guys,

I am glad to hear so many people had great weekends and have the day off! I also had a wonderful and relaxing weekend and even had time to prep a whole bunch of veggies that should last me through the week! I work for an overnight summer camp so we're pretty relaxed today (the inauguration coverage is playing in the conference room).

I am excited for my weigh in tomorrow as my husband has seen my progress over the past two weeks and has decided to recommit to IP as well. We do so well when we do it together!

I just wanted to vent about something I'm struggling with... My sister, who was operating under the impression that she was 16 weeks pregnant until 2 weeks ago, has to have ANOTHER procedure today. I don't want to get into the details, but I am going to assume that there are some of you who have personally been through this kind of a situation, or know someone close who has. I HATE that she has to relive this physical and emotional pain, and I am at a loss of what to do for her now.

My emotions are not for me personally, but for her and her husband. I know this isn't about me- but I am so distraught about it and just don't know where to go to express my emotions about it.

Last edited by staceyjblack; 01-21-2013 at 01:58 PM.
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #52  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

OK, here's hoping I did the right thing. Went to the inauguration ceremony today. I ate an IP herb omelet before I left and took two boiled eggs and a pickle with me for snacks. I had a packet, too, but didn't use it cause I didn't want to have to pee.

Last edited by Desafinado; 01-21-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #53  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Thanks guys for responding. I guess I could probably cut back on my nightly 'interruptions' by starting to limit liquids earlier in the evening. I tend to enjoy drinking a couple of cups of decaf tea fairly late into the evening too, and that no doubt contributes to my frequent 'wake-ups'. I feel good and never feel tired, so I'm not too worried about it.
My preference is to not limit my liquid intake. Quite the opposite, I drink water every time I get up to use the bathroom. I fall right back to sleep afterward and wake up feeling quite well rested.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Need suggestions on where to buy vitamins that are comparable to the IP products.
Scorbett has researched. Short answer: none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
Is it okay to split up our veggies? Like can I have 1 cup for breakfast and 1 cup for lunch instead of 2 cups for lunch?
Yes. I add spinach to my smoothie in the morning or omelet. If coach argues with that, get Dr Tran's new book, find the info and SHOW HER!

Quote:
Sugar free jello? walmart, grocery store etc.
I think the poster was wondering about aspartame-free SF jello. That is the elusive creature.

Quote:
Kind of makes sense:

Protein Diets and KetosisKetosis occurs when the body takes in less than 100g of carbohydrates per day. Protein diets typically limit carb intake to less than 50g per day--and many keep it at less than 20g per day during the first two weeks (also known as the "induction" phase). This causes the body to form ketones, or molecules that form during the breakdown of fat. Most ketones are harmless and are even beneficial when used for energy. However, acetone is a ketone that is not used for energy, and is simply emitted from the body as waste. This is possibly one reason why someone following a protein diet may tend to urinate frequently.

SummaryMedical experts have expressed concern about the long-term effects of high protein diets on the kidneys, liver and heart. However, such plans have proven to assist with weight loss, and there is no evidence that protein diets will have a negative impact on overall health. Either way, chances are that anyone who urinates frequently while following a protein plan is doing things right--as it likely means the increased water intake and ketosis are simply at work.
Doing more research, you'll find, altho they have "expressed concern" they can't prove it (bold section).

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
I just wanted to vent about something I'm struggling with... My sister, who was operating under the impression that she was 16 weeks pregnant until 2 weeks ago, has to have ANOTHER procedure today. I don't want to get into the details, but I am going to assume that there are some of you who have personally been through this kind of a situation, or know someone close who has. I HATE that she has to relive this physical and emotional pain, and I am at a loss of what to do for her now.

My emotions are not for me personally, but for her and her husband. I know this isn't about me- but I am so distraught about it and just don't know where to go to express my emotions about it.
I'm so sorry. What devastating news. You will all cry and grieve together. The best thing you can do is be her sister and let her grieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
OK, here's hoping I did the right thing. Went to the inauguration ceremony today. I ate an IP herb omelet before I left and took two boiled eggs and a pickle with me for snacks. I had a packet, too, but didn't use it cause I didn't want to have to pee.
How cool is that?
It is really cold there too! Don't be afraid of an extra packet (extra exertion from extra walking/standing/cold). I'd count those 2 HB as sort've a makeshift "extra packet" and move on from there. I agree with concern for needing to pee. Bars are great for those times, too.
You're doing great!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #55  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
My preference is to not limit my liquid intake. Quite the opposite, I drink water every time I get up to use the bathroom. I fall right back to sleep afterward and wake up feeling quite well rested.
Thx bubbleblower. I've been reassured. I agree that as long as the 'bathroom interruptions' during the night aren't making me tired, etc., then I'm not worrying about it. I feel great so - no problem. Actually, I kind of like your idea of drinking a bit while you're up at night... I'm generally pretty thirsty when I first get up. (No wonder - all that peeing! )

Last edited by evepet; 01-21-2013 at 03:22 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Wow, how great to be close and able to see the inauguration!

I have not used hard boiled eggs as a snack. Others may say differently, but I would count it toward your evening protein. I think the freebie is egg whites not whole eggs, but the pickle was fine.

Maybe next time, take your IP snack with you (like the bar or soy puffs)? I'm sure you will be fine.
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Wow! Happy for you that you got to be a part of something so wonderful, so historic! Sounds like you did great IP-wise! WTG!!
Nolawhodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post

I'm so sorry your sister and her husband are going through this. I lost my first baby at 27 weeks and it was unbelievably painful and difficult to get through. Just be there for her, that was the most helpful for me. I needed people to listen to my grief, anger, frustration and sadness. I feel for her! There are perinatal loss grief groups that I found extremely helpful. When she is ready, you might suggest that to her and her husband. It helps to be surrounded by other parents who get what you are suffering through.
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #59  
Amber3014

S/C/G: 204/161/150

Height: 5' 6"

Good afternoon. I don't regularly post, but I often stop by to share in everyone's successes and to stay inspired! This is day 143 for me (week 21) and I'm down 40.6 pounds and 42.25 inches.

I usually stick to the same IP flavors that I know I enjoy, but I got a bit more adventurous over the weekend, and found some things I really enjoyed that I wanted to share with you all. I tried the IP rotini with Walden Farms spaghetti sauce - I liked it a lot! And I made the IP pancakes for the first time - it was also great. I tried the "Big Mac in a bowl" recipe for dinner last night (crumbled hamburger meat with sea salt and pepper, shredded lettuce, diced pickles, thousand island Walden Farms) and it was AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS. A great change from the baked chicken I usually eat. I can't wait to make it again.

Just wanted to share with you all. Have a great day!
SouthernGal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #60  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

does anyone know an ip friendly recipe for sushi??? i miss eating sushi and i don't think i should eat a whole raw fillet lol
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote