Old 01-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

Ok, so I am not much of a cook but A1Texan has inspired me to try harder!!
I have had a can of crab meat in my cupboard for a while and had no idea what to do with it.
So last night I decided to make up some crab cakes. I took the crab meat and put it in a bowl and then started searching my kitchen for IP ingredients. I found dried onion flakes, in they went. The I spied some left over cauliflower so I mashed it and put that in. Still kinda mushy so I took some Kay's Parmasean chips and crumbled them. Took the rest and rolled them finer. I took the crab/cauli mix in the size of golf balls and rolled them in the fine crumbs and then into a hot pan, squashed them out to pancakes and cooked them well on both sides and hello crab cakes!
I used WF Chipolte Mayo for "dip" and it was fabulous!
Definitely gonna make them again!
MSEMDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #77  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbushbunny View Post
Ok, so I am not much of a cook but A1Texan has inspired me to try harder!!
I have had a can of crab meat in my cupboard for a while and had no idea what to do with it.
So last night I decided to make up some crab cakes. I took the crab meat and put it in a bowl and then started searching my kitchen for IP ingredients. I found dried onion flakes, in they went. The I spied some left over cauliflower so I mashed it and put that in. Still kinda mushy so I took some Kay's Parmasean chips and crumbled them. Took the rest and rolled them finer. I took the crab/cauli mix in the size of golf balls and rolled them in the fine crumbs and then into a hot pan, squashed them out to pancakes and cooked them well on both sides and hello crab cakes!
I used WF Chipolte Mayo for "dip" and it was fabulous!
Definitely gonna make them again!
Nice!!!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 169.2/159.8/145

Height: 5'6

Katkat,

Nice job!! 7.5 is great

I really enjoy reading everyone's post. It's nice to see such encouragement.
Betterthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
After 4 long days in Vegas (Where I lost more money than weight), I came away with (according to my trusty home scale) a one pound loss. I will take this small victory knowing that I didn't partake in any alcoholic beverages and stayed true to IP. Some of the difficulties I faced (besides the flashing lights and enticing music played by very unkind and evil machines) were having olive oil and eating every 4 hours. I did have the protein, veggies and carried around my RTD's but when you stay up 18 hours a day it becomes difficult to monitor every little thing. So those of you that are planning vacations - you can make it happen if you choose. I had a great time and every restaurant were very accommodating to my request. Now it's time to get serious and very strict again with IP...Happy MLK Day everyone!
You did great!!! I'm planning a sisters trip to Vegas for March I hope!! DH is sending me when I get to my 100 lbs lost as a celebration!!! Advice on places l eat? Stay?? Shop?! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTraveleronIP View Post
I'm so sorry your sister and her husband are going through this. I lost my first baby at 27 weeks and it was unbelievably painful and difficult to get through. Just be there for her, that was the most helpful for me. I needed people to listen to my grief, anger, frustration and sadness. I feel for her! There are perinatal loss grief groups that I found extremely helpful. When she is ready, you might suggest that to her and her husband. It helps to be surrounded by other parents who get what you are suffering through.

So sorry for your sister and family. Losing a baby is heartbreaking and terrorizing. I know. I lost my little girl at full term due to a true knot in her cord. Her 7th year anniversary is Wednesday. My best advice is to cry with her, talk about routine things, laugh with her, take her lead, let her talk. And don't be afraid to cry. And never tell her there is a reason for everything. That hurts to hear and at the time of a loss harder to accept. Just be there for her and time will heal the pain, but the remembering will always be there. And call her next year in her baby's due date and baby's anniversary date. Having family remember my baby helps me heal. HUGS!!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #80  
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanchu View Post
Hi everyone! Just finished reading through the posts for the day and you guys are all doing SO WELL, it's really really motivating AND impressive!!!

I had my second weigh in on Saturday and I'm down 2.5 that brings me to just under 7lbs loss in two weeks which is great and I am happy about it however I have two friends on the diet and I read these threads daily and it just seems like everyone has way bigger losses than me and I'm confused. I know it's not a competition and I shouldn't compare myself to others and it's not that I want to be the same as everyone I'm only a little confused as to why I seem to be losing more slowly. Any thoughts?

I'm also a little disappointed with my coach both times I've stepped on the scale and haven't seen a drastic decrease it just kind of gets awkward and quiet she doesn't say great job! or anything encouraging she just kind of walks to her books and writes down my loss then slowly starts talking and asking me questions....she'll say good job before I leave but it's pretty lackluster and the whole appointment just makes me second guess myself.....I don't know maybe I'm too sensitive?

You are WELL within the 3-5 lb/week average that IP USED to claim.
Sorry about the coach's reaction.
You may need to let her know that you thrive on positive comments and need positive encouragement!
From stories I've heard here, not every person who is a coach should be a coach.
Congrats on your progress!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 229.8/208.6/150

Height: 5'2

Thanks my coach told me I had too.
I just can't at lunch!
Irene87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
You did great!!! I'm planning a sisters trip to Vegas for March I hope!! DH is sending me when I get to my 100 lbs lost as a celebration!!! Advice on places l eat? Stay?? Shop?! LOL

So sorry for your sister and family. Losing a baby is heartbreaking and terrorizing. I know. I lost my little girl at full term due to a true knot in her cord. Her 7th year anniversary is Wednesday. My best advice is to cry with her, talk about routine things, laugh with her, take her lead, let her talk. And don't be afraid to cry. And never tell her there is a reason for everything. That hurts to hear and at the time of a loss harder to accept. Just be there for her and time will heal the pain, but the remembering will always be there. And call her next year in her baby's due date and baby's anniversary date. Having family remember my baby helps me heal. HUGS!!!
Pattie,
You and I are sooo close to 100 lb gone. (15 for you, 12.5 for me).

Let's do it together!!!

for you and your baby girl!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #83  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterthings View Post
Katkat,

Nice job!! 7.5 is great

I really enjoy reading everyone's post. It's nice to see such encouragement.
Thank you so much!
Don't have many people to share my success with, I don't think my honey realizes how it's a big deal to me, (but its nice that he loves me the way I am).
Katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #84  
11/30/2015

S/C/G: 143/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Did you find a brand without aspartame? Aspartame is NOT recommended for IP
Just asked my coach about Crystal Light with aspartame and she said it was ok as long as I just had a packet a day (emphasized moderation). I WI tomorrow and will know if my weight isn't down. Thanks for posting this Lisa.

Had a nice NSV today. Had to wear a suit for a Martin Luther King luncheon and pulled one out I haven't been able to wear in a few years. It fit! And I could actually button the jacket. Woot woot!!
Suzali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
TOM has finally left the building so im hoping for a nice whoosh when i weigh in on friday!! moving into my new house this weekend and im so excited! i have so much packing to do so im definitely getting some exercise! hope everyone has a great OP day! I know i will
Congrats on the New house, very exciting
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 194.4/182.6/155

Height: 5"9'

Default New to Forum

Hi all - have been on IP with my hubby for about 3 weeks. 3rd time around and have much greater success this time! Probably because I found this forum. Love all the recipes - have used several already with big raves from my husband!! Not much of a poster per se so don't be offended if I'm slow to get back.

Thanks in advance for all the support! Any hints thrown my way will be gladly accepted - there's alot of stuff on here!!

K
sophieandlola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
Hi Guys,

I am glad to hear so many people had great weekends and have the day off! I also had a wonderful and relaxing weekend and even had time to prep a whole bunch of veggies that should last me through the week! I work for an overnight summer camp so we're pretty relaxed today (the inauguration coverage is playing in the conference room).

I am excited for my weigh in tomorrow as my husband has seen my progress over the past two weeks and has decided to recommit to IP as well. We do so well when we do it together!

I just wanted to vent about something I'm struggling with... My sister, who was operating under the impression that she was 16 weeks pregnant until 2 weeks ago, has to have ANOTHER procedure today. I don't want to get into the details, but I am going to assume that there are some of you who have personally been through this kind of a situation, or know someone close who has. I HATE that she has to relive this physical and emotional pain, and I am at a loss of what to do for her now.

My emotions are not for me personally, but for her and her husband. I know this isn't about me- but I am so distraught about it and just don't know where to go to express my emotions about it.
I had a stillbirth at 6.5 months and what helped me was talking about it. It was weird when people didn't bring it up at all, like the elephant in the room. Cal her every few day and let her know that you are there if she needs you. Sending prayers for your sister and family.
LizJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanchu View Post
Hi everyone! Just finished reading through the posts for the day and you guys are all doing SO WELL, it's really really motivating AND impressive!!!

I had my second weigh in on Saturday and I'm down 2.5 that brings me to just under 7lbs loss in two weeks which is great and I am happy about it however I have two friends on the diet and I read these threads daily and it just seems like everyone has way bigger losses than me and I'm confused. I know it's not a competition and I shouldn't compare myself to others and it's not that I want to be the same as everyone I'm only a little confused as to why I seem to be losing more slowly. Any thoughts?

I'm also a little disappointed with my coach both times I've stepped on the scale and haven't seen a drastic decrease it just kind of gets awkward and quiet she doesn't say great job! or anything encouraging she just kind of walks to her books and writes down my loss then slowly starts talking and asking me questions....she'll say good job before I leave but it's pretty lackluster and the whole appointment just makes me second guess myself.....I don't know maybe I'm too sensitive?

Don't worry, I am the QUEEN of slow losses, I did IP in 2011 and never cheated once and averaged 1.75 lbs/week. Different things effect loss, I am post meno and hypothyroid and have just gotten out of a cast for a torn tendon ( 5 month process), so I think you are doing fine. I too, am amazed at some people's losses, esp if they weigh less than me, I just can't get discouraged my it. You will make it to the finish line, with great pride!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #89  
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene87 View Post
Thanks my coach told me I had too.
I just can't at lunch!
Mandatory salad is your coach's rule. Not IP.
Lettuce is unlimited and optional.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #90  

Ever know the instant you have done something out of habit and can't take it back? I do. Yesterday before bedtime I made my daughter a snack. PB&J sandwich. It was a moment I wish I could take back but some habits you become aware of too late. I finished putting her jam on the sandwich and........into my mouth it went. Took me to putting the other piece of bread on for me to realize what I did. I told my counsellor this morning and she chuckled. I guess I am not the first to lick the spoon or a finger without realizing it until it is too late. So to make a long story short she told me to not have a restricted today but 3 unrestricted. Wouldn't think it would do much but I weighed myself this morning and I'm up 2 lbs. however after eating good today I weighed myself after supper and I was down 1 lbs. two more days till I'm back in ketosis state. All that hard work. I'm usually really good and rinse my hands. This is a first for me and now I will be more wary!!!!
Trina M is offline   Reply With Quote