Old 01-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #61  
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
does anyone know an ip friendly recipe for sushi??? i miss eating sushi and i don't think i should eat a whole raw fillet lol
I used the Search feature and found this
Mock Sushi
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #62  

Hi everyone! Just finished reading through the posts for the day and you guys are all doing SO WELL, it's really really motivating AND impressive!!!

I had my second weigh in on Saturday and I'm down 2.5 that brings me to just under 7lbs loss in two weeks which is great and I am happy about it however I have two friends on the diet and I read these threads daily and it just seems like everyone has way bigger losses than me and I'm confused. I know it's not a competition and I shouldn't compare myself to others and it's not that I want to be the same as everyone I'm only a little confused as to why I seem to be losing more slowly. Any thoughts?

I'm also a little disappointed with my coach both times I've stepped on the scale and haven't seen a drastic decrease it just kind of gets awkward and quiet she doesn't say great job! or anything encouraging she just kind of walks to her books and writes down my loss then slowly starts talking and asking me questions....she'll say good job before I leave but it's pretty lackluster and the whole appointment just makes me second guess myself.....I don't know maybe I'm too sensitive?

Melanchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #63  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanchu View Post
Hi everyone! Just finished reading through the posts for the day and you guys are all doing SO WELL, it's really really motivating AND impressive!!!

I had my second weigh in on Saturday and I'm down 2.5 that brings me to just under 7lbs loss in two weeks which is great and I am happy about it however I have two friends on the diet and I read these threads daily and it just seems like everyone has way bigger losses than me and I'm confused. I know it's not a competition and I shouldn't compare myself to others and it's not that I want to be the same as everyone I'm only a little confused as to why I seem to be losing more slowly. Any thoughts?

I'm also a little disappointed with my coach both times I've stepped on the scale and haven't seen a drastic decrease it just kind of gets awkward and quiet she doesn't say great job! or anything encouraging she just kind of walks to her books and writes down my loss then slowly starts talking and asking me questions....she'll say good job before I leave but it's pretty lackluster and the whole appointment just makes me second guess myself.....I don't know maybe I'm too sensitive?

Ouch on the reaction from your coach. Not all coaches are equal.

You are right, don't compare your losses to anyone else's. 7 lbs in 2 weeks is great!

Stick with it 100% and don't get discouraged. Make sure you get in all of your oil, salt, water, packets and protein each day. Some people forget about the oil, or don't want to eat all the veggies or protein and think it will not hurt.

Also, read the ingredients on any extras you are using in case they have sugar, carbs or aspartame. Little things like mints and gum can have carbs and sugar, which adds up if you are having several per day.

If you know you are following the program to the letter, don't stress yourself out. Stress doesn't exactly promote weight loss.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Ouch on the reaction from your coach. Not all coaches are equal.

You are right, don't compare your losses to anyone else's. 7 lbs in 2 weeks is great!

Stick with it 100% and don't get discouraged. Make sure you get in all of your oil, salt, water, packets and protein each day. Some people forget about the oil, or don't want to eat all the veggies or protein and think it will not hurt.

Also, read the ingredients on any extras you are using in case they have sugar, carbs or aspartame. Little things like mints and gum can have carbs and sugar, which adds up if you are having several per day.

If you know you are following the program to the letter, don't stress yourself out. Stress doesn't exactly promote weight loss.
Thanks for the advice and encouragement!! I haven't had any gum or mints because I'm scared to lol I may be getting too muh olive oil though now that you mention not a crazy amount but probably closer to 1 tbsp some days but definitely not everyay I'll be more attentive and see what I notice
Melanchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #65  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm so sorry. What devastating news. You will all cry and grieve together. The best thing you can do is be her sister and let her grieve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTraveleronIP View Post
I'm so sorry your sister and her husband are going through this. I lost my first baby at 27 weeks and it was unbelievably painful and difficult to get through. Just be there for her, that was the most helpful for me. I needed people to listen to my grief, anger, frustration and sadness. I feel for her! There are perinatal loss grief groups that I found extremely helpful. When she is ready, you might suggest that to her and her husband. It helps to be surrounded by other parents who get what you are suffering through.
Thank you both for your kind words. And that is a great idea about the support groups.
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #66  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Default Gum?

I have 'Dry Mouth Syndrom', which means exactly what it says Therefore, I need to have gum alot to lubricate my mouth. I don't want to suck on candies or Scope strips.

Does anyone know which gum we should be chewing?
PepperTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #67  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

There was info on sugar alcohols on someone's blog (maybe evepet's??). I tried to attach it but it wouldn't attach. Not all sugar alcohols are created equal, so when looking for your gum, check out what it's made of. I know splenda is better than aspartame, and malitol- which is the worst sugar alcohol (the same reaction with your body as using regular sugar) is the one that's in most things

Sorry I'm not more helpful. I wish the info I have would attach but someone else may know what I'm talking about and be more "tech savvy"
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #68  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

Default Yay me!

First weigh in after my first week. -7.5lbs! Very happy. Just nice to actually see how it works for me. But I do enjoy seeing every one's losses. Just so encouraging!

I know not to expect as much next week, but it sure feels good to know that I can do this! And it's totally worth it!

Everyone keep having a fabulous day!
Katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #69  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
I have 'Dry Mouth Syndrom', which means exactly what it says Therefore, I need to have gum alot to lubricate my mouth. I don't want to suck on candies or Scope strips.

I was told orbitz was ok, but it counts towards the 6- 0/0/0 extras.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #70  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

NSV tomorrow -- I meet with my coach for the first time since the beg. of December. Getting that appt set was definitley a "mental commitment" for me to get back OP. I have enough food to last for awhile (I'm a stock piler), but I want to start my accountability again. First official WI of the new year. Not sure her scale will show onederland as it's always higher than mine BUT it will show better than the 208 I was at 2 weeks ago when I restarted!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #71  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post

My clinic sells "Spry" gum. I was told that is the only gum/mint we can use. I was able to order some on the Internet also.
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 229.8/208.6/150

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone!!!
Can someone help me ? I'm on day 5 but I can't seem to eat my salads I'm just so full. Will this affect my weight loss?
Irene87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 223 LBS my goal is 140 LBS

Default Just started IP with alternatives

Hello to everybody, I just started on satuday the IP program, I did tried it 2 years ago but I was so expensive,

Now I'll use alternatives for IP let's see what happens
becca46200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene87 View Post
Hello everyone!!!
Can someone help me ? I'm on day 5 but I can't seem to eat my salads I'm just so full. Will this affect my weight loss?
Salad (lettuce) is unlimited and optional. It can help if you're hungry, keeps you "regular" but you don't have to have a single bite of it if you so choose!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

The only gum I've found that is sweetened with Sucralose is Trident Cinnamon. I usually use 1 piece/day.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote