3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273864-home-100%25-vol-20-a.html)

KitKat169 02-03-2013 12:09 PM

We were on page 2, quiet group.

Today I'm headed to the mall for my shopping spree. I have also decided to go to Victoria Secret for the first time ever to get something pretty for the "girls" in a smaller size. Then the dress pants. Lastly if the time allows I'm stopping at the Apple store to look at new iPad. I have an early one but it is having a couple problems. Also i need a newer one to go with the new Fitbit flex band I plan to buy when it comes out this Spring. I've decided this is my goal present to encourage my exercise habits for maintenance.

I have some Superbowl food items planned for the day too. Portobello mushroom pizzas using roasted red pepper sauce for lunch. For dinner I want to stuff mini peppers in a popper style but not sure what to put in them yet. I'm doing mashed garlic cauliflower too so maybe that would be a good combo. Protein is roasted leg of lamb as a treat because I've been focused on lower calorie and fat proteins for the last week and my body needs a boost.

I can't believe the energy I had yesterday and today, it hasn't been this good for a month. The B12 shot must have been long overdue and hopefully it means my various viruses are done. I think I'll do some dancing for my exercise today!
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: :D

IP43 02-03-2013 02:09 PM

Kit kat -- you're makin me hungry. I plan to stuff some minipeppers with the IP chicknen patty, caulirice, and lots of spice! you already have your meat, but if you're cooking peppers, maybe make some for tomorrow that are different. You also have your mushroom stems or broken ones from your pizza to chuck in there too.... mmmmm..... I'm gettin' hungry! What time is supper??

ragdoll74 02-03-2013 03:17 PM

All this talk of stuffed peppers is making me hungry.

Kitkat- you have had a busy weekend! Dealing with frozen pipes and then shopping.

I did some shopping yesterday too. I needed to get a new coat for work. I had a wool pea coat in my closet in a size 12, but it was really big and not very professional looking. I will be traveling for work this month and again early March, so I decided to go ahead and buy a coat. I found a really cute one for $80 at Kohls, originally $180.

I also was able to find a new bra that is the perfect fit and shape. I don't know about everyone else, but I HATE shopping for bras. Hopefully my bra size will not change too much more.

Starshine 02-03-2013 05:39 PM

Wuv-Lisa - Congrats on making it to goal! :cloud9: And the new clinic and Seattle too! Enjoy the 2 weeks off, and so glad you'll be back here!

Lisa! Congrats on ONDERLAND! That's huge! You're doing so well!

mompattie: Hope you had fun at the wedding! Photos please. :)

Halfagain: You look beautiful in your new photo! Way to go!

sahmmommy: Way to plan for the visit. Have a great time!

KitKat: Uck on the frozen pipes. But great on the energy and shopping! :)

ragdoll: Congrats on the new coat (great bargain!) and the bra that fits. I too hope I don't lose much more in that department. I'm waiting until my final goal to buy some new bras again.

-----------------

I had a busy week (so not much time for here :( ), and I'm still waiting to hear if I'll get the other condo in my complex. She wants more money than I can afford (and honestly what it's worth), but I love that place, and it has a cool 1950's Chambers 61C stove in mint green. Love that stove!

Had an outstanding weigh in today. Lost 4.2 pounds! Woohoo!!!! Last week I passed my original goal of 165, and this week passed my revised goal of 160. I'm not done yet--still too much fat in certain areas that I want to get rid of. So still in Phase 1. I'll lower my goal by another 5 pounds (and maybe 10, we'll see what my body looks like/wants), but for a day or two, I want to see that I passed that goal on my ticker. :dizzy:

An NSV--I had a pair of black jeans that are at least 18 years old. Size 10, and when I first started IP. I said, I want to get into those jeans again. I didn't think I ever would. But I put them on today, and finally they fit and are even are a bit large. :) Met that original goal, and that feels just so good. Also, got into another pair of pants that were even smaller than the jeans. I'm going to be wearing those to work this week. That feels great too. And just bought some size 8 jeans, as the 10's are getting lose, and I want to be prepared for those 8's. I'm getting back into the size I was when I was Vegan and couldn't keep weight on, and that says something about IP and this diet. Thanks, IP!

So happy Sunday to all the 100% Hope your team wins in the Superbowl! :)

MonicaKolesnik 02-03-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4619837)
All this talk of stuffed peppers is making me hungry.

Kitkat- you have had a busy weekend! Dealing with frozen pipes and then shopping.

I did some shopping yesterday too. I needed to get a new coat for work. I had a wool pea coat in my closet in a size 12, but it was really big and not very professional looking. I will be traveling for work this month and again early March, so I decided to go ahead and buy a coat. I found a really cute one for $80 at Kohls, originally $180.

I also was able to find a new bra that is the perfect fit and shape. I don't know about everyone else, but I HATE shopping for bras. Hopefully my bra size will not change too much more.

That is my plan as well for these days off, I NEED new bras because my flattening pancake ladies need a smaller cup size. I also hate bra shopping but I am hoping that changes. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshine (Post 4619969)

I had a busy week (so not much time for here :( ), and I'm still waiting to hear if I'll get the other condo in my complex. She wants more money than I can afford (and honestly what it's worth), but I love that place, and it has a cool 1950's Chambers 61C stove in mint green. Love that stove!

Had an outstanding weigh in today. Lost 4.2 pounds! Woohoo!!!! Last week I passed my original goal of 165, and this week passed my revised goal of 160. I'm not done yet--still too much fat in certain areas that I want to get rid of. So still in Phase 1. I'll lower my goal by another 5 pounds (and maybe 10, we'll see what my body looks like/wants), but for a day or two, I want to see that I passed that goal on my ticker. :dizzy:

An NSV--I had a pair of black jeans that are at least 18 years old. Size 10, and when I first started IP. I said, I want to get into those jeans again. I didn't think I ever would. But I put them on today, and finally they fit and are even are a bit large. :) Met that original goal, and that feels just so good. Also, got into another pair of pants that were even smaller than the jeans. I'm going to be wearing those to work this week. That feels great too. And just bought some size 8 jeans, as the 10's are getting lose, and I want to be prepared for those 8's. I'm getting back into the size I was when I was Vegan and couldn't keep weight on, and that says something about IP and this diet. Thanks, IP!

congrats on making it to goal twice lol. I am hoping you get this condo!!!! Please let us know.

Starshine 02-03-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik (Post 4620008)
congrats on making it to goal twice lol. I am hoping you get this condo!!!! Please let us know.

Thank you, Monica! You'll get to goal too! And thanks for your hopes! :hug:

Halfagain 02-03-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Wow - lots of achievement! Congratulations.

Thanks all for the nice comments on the progress photos. I've tucked them away under my profile until next update. I've been busy shopping for some office cloths to last me a short while as I transition down further in size. I work from home, so don't generally need office cloths. However in a few weeks I will need to go out of state to a training class for a week. I will need to dress up since they don't approve of bunny slippers there. Anyway I hit some 2nd hand stores and scored a few outfits. If I mix in some of my existing tops I should be good for the week. So NSV size 18 is official now, from a size 4XL top and size 30 pants - not bad, not bad at all in about 7 months.

Starshine 02-03-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 4620096)
Wow - lots of achievement! Congratulations.

Thanks all for the nice comments on the progress photos. I've tucked them away under my profile until next update. I've been busy shopping for some office cloths to last me a short while as I transition down further in size. I work from home, so don't generally need office cloths. However in a few weeks I will need to go out of state to a training class for a week. I will need to dress up since they don't approve of bunny slippers there. Anyway I hit some 2nd hand stores and scored a few outfits. If I mix in some of my existing tops I should be good for the week. So NSV size 18 is official now, from a size 4XL top and size 30 pants - not bad, not bad at all in about 7 months.

Thanks for the congrats, Halfagain.

And oh my, you are killing it on this program! What a change and so many congrats your way. :congrat:

Glad you found some transitioning clothes. And a size 18 too! Way to go! And I CANNOT believe that the out of state folks don't like bunny slippers! :D

Halfagain 02-03-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshine (Post 4620107)
Thanks for the congrats, Halfagain.

And oh my, you are killing it on this program! What a change and so many congrats your way. :congrat:

Glad you found some transitioning clothes. And a size 18 too! Way to go! And I CANNOT believe that the out of state folks don't like bunny slippers! :D

LOL - what can I say.. we're a bit more relaxed here in Washington State hahahaha! (just kidding) Thank you for the grats!

IP43 02-03-2013 08:43 PM

[QUOTE=MonicaKolesnik;4620008]That is my plan as well for these days off, I NEED new bras because my flattening pancake ladies need a smaller cup size. I also hate bra shopping but I am hoping that changes. :)

Ok Monica -- TMI there! LOL... The only pancakes I wanna hear about are the "Crispy Cereal" IP ones :dizzy:

FYI though, I bought some of the bras that are "as seen on tv" -- the Aah one and the other one I like more but can't think of the name -- they come in a 3 pack of white, beige, black and have no wires or clasps. They have a soft slightly padded cup -- just enough to make you look "smooth". I really like them and they are super comfy in a stretch knit. They put the girls up where they're supposed to be!

LizRR 02-03-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Starshine! That is amazing, passing your goals and what a WI, especially with the recent stress you've been under. And isn't it empowering to blow through the sizes...I still remember my tiny size 12 goal jeans that looked impossibly small.

Quote:

That is my plan as well for these days off, I NEED new bras because my flattening pancake ladies need a smaller cup size. I also hate bra shopping but I am hoping that changes. :)

lol, I will say that my Boobs (and belly) are both filling out with the pregnancy...no need to stuff my bras!

Starshine 02-04-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4620311)
Starshine! That is amazing, passing your goals and what a WI, especially with the recent stress you've been under. And isn't it empowering to blow through the sizes...I still remember my tiny size 12 goal jeans that looked impossibly small.

lol, I will say that my Boobs (and belly) are both filling out with the pregnancy...no need to stuff my bras!

Thanks so much, Liz! My jeans also looked impossibly small when I first started at size 22. It is an amazing feeling for the jeans to now be on the large side now. I need to wear the *&$! out of them the next couple weeks before they don't fit anymore. :)

In September about a month after I started IP, I'd hear about people fitting into size 12's and 14's (and lower) and I'd be so jealous. I never thought I'd be in their place, and now here I am! Staying 100% with you and all the others as inspiration has been invaluable. So thanks, Everybody! :hug:

And maybe we should all get pregnant to fill out those boobs again. ;) I don't mind mine being small again (they were never big when I was a more normal weight), but they just kind of look deflated when I put on a more sexy/showy bra. Kinda hoping my weight shifts some back to that area at some point. But if not, oh well.

sonyainva 02-04-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshine (Post 4620419)
Thanks so much, Liz! My jeans also looked impossibly small when I first started at size 22. It is an amazing feeling for the jeans to now be on the large side now. I need to wear the *&$! out of them the next couple weeks before they don't fit anymore. :)

In September about a month after I started IP, I'd hear about people fitting into size 12's and 14's (and lower) and I'd be so jealous. I never thought I'd be in their place, and now here I am! Staying 100% with you and all the others as inspiration has been invaluable. So thanks, Everybody! :hug:

And maybe we should all get pregnant to fill out those boobs again. ;) I don't mind mine being small again (they were never big when I was a more normal weight), but they just kind of look deflated when I put on a more sexy/showy bra. Kinda hoping my weight shifts some back to that area at some point. But if not, oh well.

Congrats on the fab loss!!! From 22 to a 10, come a long way baby. Smoking hot. So happy for you. May you get to your goal and maintain what ever that may be. Love your determination.

[QUOTE=IP43;4620149]
Quote:

Ok Monica -- TMI there! LOL... The only pancakes I wanna hear about are the "Crispy Cereal" IP ones :dizzy:

FYI though, I bought some of the bras that are "as seen on tv" -- the Aah one and the other one I like more but can't think of the name -- they come in a 3 pack of white, beige, black and have no wires or clasps. They have a soft slightly padded cup -- just enough to make you look "smooth". I really like them and they are super comfy in a stretch knit. They put the girls up where they're supposed to be!

IP43 Crispy Cereal??? sorry too funny.

Monica I am with you hate bra shopping, though i have the opposite problem. i do see as i am losing cups they are getting a bit deflated. anyone have a pump that works on boobs?

I am on p2, have immune system issues, fevers at night, so decided will lose the last 8 or so after costa rica which is first week of march.

Liz you are awesome.

Nolawhodatchick 02-04-2013 07:44 AM

Starshine-

Congratulations on making goal! That is awesome!!!! Your losses are incredible and your attitude is wonderful, glad I got to meet you on 3Fatchicks!

Sonya-
I also have 7 lbs til goal, and I also moved to phase2 about a week ago. Phase 2 is "meh" for me. I'm going on vacation Saturday with 30 kids to Disney for 7days so I wanted to move to phase 2 as I find the energy I get from "real protein" seems to last longer than packets. I'll need all the energy I can get. It was move on for more real protein or eat extra packets. I decided on trying phase 2, but I'm bringing lots of packets jik. I don't know if I will stay in phase 2 for the last 7 or go back to phase 1 after this trip. My losses appear the same on phase 2 so far, so it may not matter. I hope you have a wonderful vacation, let us know how it goes! :)

sonyainva 02-04-2013 07:58 AM

nola we will have to hold each other accountable to lose the last 7 or 8, i understand what you are going through, i have no energy. i need some energy.

started working out with light weights this morning

mompattie 02-04-2013 08:03 AM

Good Morning!!!!. I'm back from BFFs wedding this past weekend! It was an absolutely wonderful wedding! 32 people in all, immediate family and both bride and groom had their BFF there. It was wonderful!! I am still savouring the memories! I will post a picture of me in my bridesmaid dress when DH gets them off the camera, hopefully tonight.

I felt beautiful with my hair done and make up professionally done, and my dress....but looking at the pictures I have still a ways to go! It had me in tears last night actually. I thought I looked better, but I'm still just so fat. :(. DH didn't utter a single compliment over the entire weekend, so that combined with my pity party I was bummed out.

But NO MORE PITY PARTY. TIME FOR BIG GIRL PANTIES. This morning I'm good though. I'm not going to let it get me down!!! I have to look at how far I've come and let the pictures MOTIVATE ME TO GOAL!! Onward and upward and here's to another day 100% OP! (Did a bit of a modified IP over the weekend, back to 100%)

sonyainva 02-04-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4620489)
Good Morning!!!!. I'm back from BFFs wedding this past weekend! It was an absolutely wonderful wedding! 32 people in all, immediate family and both bride and groom had their BFF there. It was wonderful!! I am still savouring the memories! I will post a picture of me in my bridesmaid dress when DH gets them off the camera, hopefully tonight.

I felt beautiful with my hair done and make up professionally done, and my dress....but looking at the pictures I have still a ways to go! It had me in tears last night actually. I thought I looked better, but I'm still just so fat. :(. DH didn't utter a single compliment over the entire weekend, so that combined with my pity party I was bummed out.

But NO MORE PITY PARTY. TIME FOR BIG GIRL PANTIES. This morning I'm good though. I'm not going to let it get me down!!! I have to look at how far I've come and let the pictures MOTIVATE ME TO GOAL!! Onward and upward and here's to another day 100% OP! (Did a bit of a modified IP over the weekend, back to 100%)

Mom Pattie, you have come a long way, you are doing great. No Pity Party for YOU. Just so grateful you lost party. I am sure you looked great. Love the feeling when we are alll dolled up

lisa32989 02-04-2013 08:30 AM

Pattie: I had to deal with that feeling too. It's tough when you've lost a bunch of weight and are feeling so.much.better but all other people still see is an obese person

I've started showing DH every time something is too big and I'm "retiring" it. I think it helps him "get it". I've overheard him telling there's about it.

But

My BMI is still in the obese range. I'm not stpoping when I get to "just" overweight. I'm not stopping til it's normal!

We deserve this!
We can do it.

sahmmommy2 02-04-2013 09:12 AM

Nolawhodatchick - Hope you have a wonderful time at Disney. You are a SAINT to accompany that many kids there! I'm sure it will be a magical trip for them though:)

mompattie - You ARE beautiful! To boost your spirits take out on of your old pictures and you will see how far you've come. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. Try and imagine how you'll feel by summertime. Imagine what onederland will feel like!

lisa - You ARE beautiful too! And to face so many challenges on this diet, you deserve to be a normal weight.

I've been trying to figure out how people can't notice and comment on others changes. I see everyone's pictures here and think WOW, look how different they look! I am always amazed how different everyone's face looks. A lot of times, the comparison pictures look like two different people.

Bellamack 02-04-2013 09:27 AM

Starshine - How wonderful you are at goal! Congrats...

Mompattie- LOve yourself, don't call yourself fat, you are a beautiful piece of art in progress :)

I get to sew all day today :) :) :)

scorbett1103 02-04-2013 09:32 AM

Pattie, you are a gorgeous lady and your star is just going to keep shining brighter! I can be you looked amazing at the wedding - your journey may not be over yet but don't forget how far you have already come!!!

Halfagain, your progress pics are awesome - you are rocking the program!!!

I can sympathize with the pancake boobs - was noticing yesterday that there's a lot of extra skin in that region, and they are definitely not as "perky" as they were! Small price to pay for the rest of me looking so good though :) Since pregnancy isn't in the cards I'll just have to find lots of great undergarments :)

Nola and Sonya - you guys are so close!!!! You'll be at goal in no time!

I'm still not totally sure when I'll "officially" phase off - was toying around with shooting for another 5lbs - not so much because I am pushing my luck, but I'm getting to be in a loose 12, and wondering if I should just get down to a comfortable 10 rather than have my 12's be baggy. Not a bad problem to have :)

ragdoll74 02-04-2013 09:39 AM

Starshine- congrats on making it to goal, and deciding to keep going again.

mompattie- You are beautiful, and you have transformed yourself. So you aren't done yet, but that shouldn't take away from the progress you have made so far. Think about how you would have felt at that wedding if you were at your pre-IP weight.

Nola- I think the phase 2 for that trip is a good strategy.

Down 2.4lbs at this mornings weigh in, which puts me at 150.8 lbs. Next week I better see the 140's on that scale or else it will be tossed out the window.

I decided to officially lower my goal to 133, which will put me at 23% body fat. That is on the lower range of the ideal body fat for my age, and the middle of the normal range for BMI. My BMI right now is 25.1 which is still considered overweight.

I still have a whole lot of fat that I want to get rid of. I'm not sure how I'm going to look at 133, so I might have to adjust again when I get closer. So for now I get to keep having that wonderful moment when I realise I can fit into a smaller size. I have some size 4 jeans ready and waiting for me in the closet.

AlisonS 02-04-2013 09:43 AM

Lisa, I totally agree about the "normal" BMI - my goals are to not have any more health risk factors associated with my size/weight. So that means I need to have a normal BMI, a normal body fat percentage and a waist size less than 35. I think I will hit the waist size goal first, then the BMI, not sure if just diet will get me to the normal body fat percentage. I might have to start doing some kind of weight lifting or something to get that one, but, not worrying about that yet. From a strictly cosmetic standpoint, I am fine with where I am right now. But I really want the medical stuff to be in line, so those are my goals. I have no idea what weight that will actually be, my goal weight is just an estimate.

bubbleblower 02-04-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonyainva (Post 4620480)
nola we will have to hold each other accountable to lose the last 7 or 8, i understand what you are going through, i have no energy. i need some energy.

Sonya and nola, I'm at about the same point as the two of you. I'm ready to start adding in some exercise beyond just walking and I'm thinking about P2. Luckily I'll be getting my exercise through scuba diving over the next couple of weeks, so I'm really looking forward to that. I'm hoping to get to goal by the end of this month.

I was looking back this morning at how far we've all come even just over the last few months, and it's pretty amazing! Between this last round of weight loss on IP and everything else I've tried since I reached my high somewhere over 180, I am at a weight now that I haven't seen since the mid-1990s, and I am absolutely *thrilled*!

sonyainva 02-04-2013 10:05 AM

Bubbleblower - I hear you. Headed to Costa Rica on Feb 28, than have a cruise on March 23rd, need to tone and just have more energy.

have come a long way.

starting to enjoy the fruits of our hard work

Starshine 02-04-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonyainva (Post 4620433)
Congrats on the fab loss!!! From 22 to a 10, come a long way baby. Smoking hot. So happy for you. May you get to your goal and maintain what ever that may be. Love your determination.

I am on p2, have immune system issues, fevers at night, so decided will lose the last 8 or so after costa rica which is first week of march.

Thank you so much, Sonya! I so hope you feel better soon. And Costa Rica! How fun is that! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick (Post 4620469)
Starshine-

Congratulations on making goal! That is awesome!!!! Your losses are incredible and your attitude is wonderful, glad I got to meet you on 3Fatchicks!

Sonya-
I also have 7 lbs til goal, and I also moved to phase2 about a week ago. Phase 2 is "meh" for me. I'm going on vacation Saturday with 30 kids to Disney for 7days so I wanted to move to phase 2 as I find the energy I get from "real protein" seems to last longer than packets. I'll need all the energy I can get. It was move on for more real protein or eat extra packets. I decided on trying phase 2, but I'm bringing lots of packets jik. I don't know if I will stay in phase 2 for the last 7 or go back to phase 1 after this trip. My losses appear the same on phase 2 so far, so it may not matter. I hope you have a wonderful vacation, let us know how it goes! :)

Thanks, Nola! :hug: I'm so happy to read all your posts too! I love New Orleans, and it's fun to have you on this board. Have the best time at Disney! 30 Kids. umm, wow. :)

Quote:

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Magenta"]

Oh, Mompattie, I bet you looked beautiful! And remember, photos lie! They add weight and depending on which lens is used, you can look taller or wider, or whatever. But still, you've come so far on your journey and lost so much. The change is just incredible! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4620587)
Starshine - How wonderful you are at goal! Congrats...

I get to sew all day today :) :) :)

Thanks, Bellamack! Still on Phase 1 until I reach the goal of less fat. :)

Have fun sewing today!

jwdesselle 02-04-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4614505)
Hello everyone! I haven't had time to read all of the post but wanted to give you an update on me so here it goes.....
Today was week 92 weigh in and I loss 5lbs! I have been staying between 220-225 for the past month, this morning I was 219!.....I have officially met my goal....231lbs LOST!!....I am going to go another 10lbs or whatever I am weighing on Feb 16th, that is my 47th birthday so my gift to me is to begin to phase off. I know that I have at least 30-40lbs of excess skin so I am really weighing 170-180lbs. My collar bones are really starting to show and my arms are becoming really thin so its time for me to stop. I have a new adventure coming up in a few weeks but I can't say details just quiet yet. Maybe this weekend I will let everyone know what they are. I DO KNOW I will be in seattle in april for a week so I am excited about that!!...more later!

HA, finally found it. I knew you had reached your original goal, but it took me some searching to see the announcement. I can't believe you weren't yelling off the top of every post/page. Congratulations!!!! I love your idea of going until your birthday. Cool.

LexiChanel1 02-04-2013 12:19 PM

sonyainva, have you been losing on Phase 2?

Quote:

Hi,

I am in Phase 2, I am 128lbs and my goal is 115-120. I am not losing much in Phase 2, are you? I am the same weight as I was last week, only been on Phase 2 a week, and I would love your input.

Thank you:)

rainbowsmiles 02-04-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

i can't wait to see your lovely photos!!

i hear you about dh not really noticing or saying anything to the positive. i did mention to nigel once, how come he never really said anything to me about me losing my extra weight...and especially recently when he did mention the extra skin starting to sag and that is was not very attractive. this comment has really put me in a different mind frame. he has never ever before said anything about me being fat. but this is the first time he has mentioned that the excess skin is unattractive. :(

still, he sat me down and said, susan, i know you have extra weight extra skin now, and you probably think i am just a guy and don't notice those things, but the truth is, i don't SEE you the way you see yourself.

to me i see the beautiful lady i love. that is all i ever see, that is all i need to see, whether you are losing weight or gaining, have on makeup or not, are dressed up fancy or lounging in your pj's with messy hair...i see YOU...and i love YOU

and i want to be able to just let it go, so why do i feel the need to be validated from him??? why can't i focus on the fact he loves me instead of the fact he notices my extra skin is not very attractive??

i can certainly sympathize with you for needing your husband to notice you and tell you more often! a woman needs to hear these things.

Nolawhodatchick 02-04-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

It's a deal, Sonya! Let's check back with each other after vacation!

Nolawhodatchick 02-04-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Aww, Pattie, hugs! Sorry you felt that way last night, glad it has passed. We tend to be our own worst critics. Maybe you could post a pic from the wedding cuz you know we chicks here would tell you unbiased how wonderful you looked and how we see so much transformation. :hug:

sonyainva 02-04-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 (Post 4620895)
Hi,

I am in Phase 2, I am 128lbs and my goal is 115-120. I am not losing much in Phase 2, are you? I am the same weight as I was last week, only been on Phase 2 a week, and I would love your input.

Thank you:)

I just started p2 so cannot help. Lookup ip boot camp, that helped me get from 128 to 123

Halfagain 02-04-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4621033)
i can't wait to see your lovely photos!!

i hear you about dh not really noticing or saying anything to the positive. i did mention to nigel once, how come he never really said anything to me about me losing my extra weight...and especially recently when he did mention the extra skin starting to sag and that is was not very attractive. this comment has really put me in a different mind frame. he has never ever before said anything about me being fat. but this is the first time he has mentioned that the excess skin is unattractive. :(

still, he sat me down and said, susan, i know you have extra weight extra skin now, and you probably think i am just a guy and don't notice those things, but the truth is, i don't SEE you the way you see yourself.

to me i see the beautiful lady i love. that is all i ever see, that is all i need to see, whether you are losing weight or gaining, have on makeup or not, are dressed up fancy or lounging in your pj's with messy hair...i see YOU...and i love YOU

and i want to be able to just let it go, so why do i feel the need to be validated from him??? why can't i focus on the fact he loves me instead of the fact he notices my extra skin is not very attractive??

i can certainly sympathize with you for needing your husband to notice you and tell you more often! a woman needs to hear these things.

Wow what a sweet dh you have. Thank you for sharing - it rings very much like my dh has been trying to tell me. My dh worries I'll take the weight loss too far (I'm not sure I know what he means by that - I know I'm not going to endanger any too slim to be healthy meters). I'll put on a size 3x top and comment how large it is, and he'll say "that looks nice!" and mean it. I don't know if he's trying to be encouraging, or is saying not to buy smaller cloths because what I have is good enough, or if he just doesn't see what I see. This frustrates me. I have an issue with my loose skin, he does not. The weight loss is for me (he says it doesn't matter to him). However health wise it does matter to me, as well as being able to move, and fit in things like cars, theaters, etc. He's supportive with the diet, but I think as many emotional issues that surface, as well as just lifestyle changes that will need to continue for me, it affects him too. We're both dealing with the changes.

IdealProteinNewbie 02-04-2013 08:49 PM

Finally back from my business trip...I've missed all of you.

Starshine: Way to go!

Pattie: I'm sure you looked beautiful!

Everyone else: Keep up the great work!

I was 100% OP during my business trip because I HAD A PLAN :D

Bellamack 02-04-2013 09:37 PM

Rainbow, it is our own insecurities that haunt us. My hubby has loved me to death for 31 years, it is me who is hard on myself. We need to love ourselves as much as we love others. :)

IP43 02-04-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4620587)
...you are a beautiful piece of art in progress :)

Ok this made me laugh! Now I'm trying to decide, am I a "Reuben"esque woman, or a "Picasso".... LOL....

IP43 02-04-2013 10:25 PM

Rainbow, the words your hubby said actually made me tear up. He's got a soft side in there after all! Just treasure his sentiments and take them "for real". It IS a lot of work you're doing, but you'll just be around longer to nag and love him :)
My hubby is a man of few words -- at the best of times. He also can't spell. When we were dating, he sent me a lovely card "To my sweatie"... I didn't say anything until I decided to keep him, then bugged him about it for years of course. He said "What? It's spelled the same way as MEAT" (he's a redneck remember!).... I said, "no dear, it's spelled the same as FEET...."

And that, is "romance" at my house LOL:love:

IP43 02-04-2013 10:29 PM

NSV -- small one. I didn't have a restricted today. I FORGOT! Who forgets their bar or chips!? From a chocoholic, this is a BIG step.

patns 02-04-2013 10:44 PM

Re the DHs not commenting; I think part of it is they are like us, they are with us everyday and seeing the changes happening very gradually. For people who don't see you everyday the results are much more dramatic and they comment on it.
How many of us have been shocked when we see a side by side picture from where we are now and where we were when we started because we don't realize how far we have come? I think it is the same for people very close to us, they are seeing the changes in little steps and get used to it.

Pattie, I had to smile on your comment about hubby not commenting. That is because way back when the earth was young and I was in university, I came out from Nova Scotia one summer to work in Alberta.
I secretly had a crush on every guy from Sask I met that summer because they all seemed to be the strong farmboy silent types. So maybe his lack of compliments is just the nature of the beast!

KitKat169 02-04-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

KitKat: Uck on the frozen pipes. But great on the energy and shopping! :)

ragdoll: Congrats on the new coat (great bargain!) and the bra that fits. I too hope I don't lose much more in that department. I'm waiting until my final goal to buy some new bras again.

-----------------

Ok, lots of bra talk since I last checked in. When shopping yesterday, I went into Victoria's Secret for the first time. I braved a few selections not knowing what would fit. I had a breast reduction 9 months before starting IP and then with all the weight loss, bra shopping has been a dreaded challenge. I ended up asking the lady in the changing room for help and when she asked what I was looking for I could only squeak out "something pretty". I ended up smiling with 2 very pretty and flattering bras. It wasn't easy as there is a lot of weird skin flappy all around there.

Congrats on this week's WI and those black jeans!

My team didn't win the Superbowl :( but it was a good game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonyainva (Post 4620433)

Sorry to hear your health is struggling. I hope Costa Rica will make you feel better.

Quote:

You are soooo gorgeous. I think you have probably just lost a bunch of hormones with your fat cells and it has you emotional - good emotions to cry out sometimes. Like someone else already said, think how you would have felt before IP and think what you could look like this summer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4620598)
I'm still not totally sure when I'll "officially" phase off - was toying around with shooting for another 5lbs - not so much because I am pushing my luck, but I'm getting to be in a loose 12, and wondering if I should just get down to a comfortable 10 rather than have my 12's be baggy. Not a bad problem to have :)

Nice to be the one in control isn't it? I am just shifting into size 10's as well. This weekend I managed to fit most of the 10's I tried on but also ended up with a couple dress pants in 8's! I think those are vanity sizes but I'm still happy with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4620609)
Down 2.4lbs at this mornings weigh in, which puts me at 150.8 lbs. Next week I better see the 140's on that scale or else it will be tossed out the window.

I decided to officially lower my goal to 133, which will put me at 23% body fat. That is on the lower range of the ideal body fat for my age, and the middle of the normal range for BMI. My BMI right now is 25.1 which is still considered overweight.

I still have a whole lot of fat that I want to get rid of. I'm not sure how I'm going to look at 133, so I might have to adjust again when I get closer. So for now I get to keep having that wonderful moment when I realise I can fit into a smaller size. I have some size 4 jeans ready and waiting for me in the closet.

My goal weight is just into normal BMI. I would love a few more pounds as a buffer but I don't think I'll be able to maintain much lower. I may have to accept waffling between normal and overweight. But I would love to be dreaming of those size 4 jeans in your closet. I never thought I would buy single digit pants. I'm happy with my new size 8s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4621571)
Finally back from my business trip...I've missed all of you.
Everyone else: Keep up the great work!
I was 100% OP during my business trip because I HAD A PLAN :D

Welcome back. Congrats on staying OP. It really can be done quite easily if you plan ahead.

I didn't have a chance to post after yesterday's shopping spree. I got home to no hot water. Sometimes I hate being a home owner but this morning they installed a new one and tonight I'll be able to soak in a hot tub so all is good. My shopping was extra extra fun and successful. After Victoria's Secret stop, I stopped at a store with a massive sale because they are relocating. Racks were $5, $10, $15 and $20 and found something on each (2 shirts, 2 sweaters, 2 yoga pants, 1 dress pant). I also found a $200 coat for $60. I hadn't planned to buy a new winter coat until next year but it was too good of a deal to pass up. Today I felt warmer and realized it was because there was a big air space between me and my coat. After the first store, found a second one with another big sale. Got three more pairs of dress pants.

I'm reading The Beck Diet Solution right now and the first exercise was to list the advantages to losing weight. I came home and right away checked off "I'll find joy in shopping". It used to be a chore but now I'm addicted. This will be all the new clothes I buy until summer clothes though because I'm sure there will be some shape changing and hopefully some skin shrinking.

Have a great week everyone! Stay strong.