Old 01-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #16  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Thyroid function may not be normal but "adrenal fatigue" is not real ... the actual (and rare) adrenal malfunction is called adrenal insuffiency. A simple google search will tell you this. Hint: if the web site is trying to sell you some supplements or linking to a website that sells supplements no matter how convincing it is that adrenal fatigue extsts ... endocronologists disagree.

It is possible that AAAmom may be suffering from hypothyroid or adrenal insufficiency but it is unlikely because the odds that she only has one of the symptoms (being tired) and the timing of the one symptom she is feeling happens to cooincide with being on week 4 of a very low carb and very low calorie diet.

I'm not saying that hormones don't matter but the reality is that in most people they make little difference.

Most of the time the simplest answer is usually the right one. AAAMom didn't say she was tired all the time and then started the IP diet and now is more tired. Lets use some logic here folks. Yes, thyroid function can go awry in a hurry, as can the function of ones adrenal function, but in this case it's not likely.

Seriously, just eat some carbs and see how you feel. Carbs do nothing to make you less tired - then go see an endo for a full workup.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

I tend to feel low energy when I haven't had a meal or a snack in 3 hours. So, I tend to break up my meals and snacks a little more and things work well then.

I just had my thyroid checked ( I do take thyroid meds and I'm on the right dose, all working fine.) I feel great right after I have a protein bar...so, at least for me, its probably just blood sugar.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #18  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Unfortunately, weight loss isn't as simplistic as calories in/ calories out. There are MANY other factors including how well adrenal system is functioning.
I'd check with your doctor and get thryroid checked. Also, there are tests for adrenal fatigue. This can make a BIG difference in how we feel.

I've done some learning and quick weight loss programs can cause adrenal stress so I'd definitely check with your doctor.
My thyroid is monitored years ago I was hyper with Graves Disease, I'm now hypo thus is not the same tired that comes with hypo. I'm on synthroid and am regulated. Today was better and I didn't have the extra packet. Maybe I'm starting to come out of it.
AAAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

If you have thyroid problems, be cautious when you take the supplements in relation to your medication. Also be careful of soy products. It is still not clear whether they affect thyroid function or interact with synthroid action. I would seek the help of a good endocrinologist. Thyroid hormones are not something you want to mess with.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #20  
rnincharge

S/C/G: 278/182/178

Height: 5'8"

Default never had energy boost

I have been op since September and have been very successful. HOWEVER, I do not have any energy and could nap everyday! My bp is low and I have added more salt. Dunno.....
rnincharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

AAAmom, I too have never gotten the burst of energy.

I was asked to take an extra potassium by my coach, 4 hours after the first vitamin and potassium you take.

It does help, hope it helps you
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote