Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #76  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Love hearing all of the great WI's going on!!! Sometimes I wish there was a ticker for the whole group, I can't imagine how many TONS of weight have been lost by the people here!!!

PamC - please don't take this the wrong way, but if you've seen me on the boards you know I have to pipe in Butter and marsala wine are not approved for phase 1 - I know (and totally understand) that we all have to make this diet tolerable, and I don't say this to be critical but to inform especially with so many new folks. When anyone is deciding whether to go "off plan" a little here and there with things that might "seem" to be OK - just remember that there is more to the chemistry of this diet than calories and carbs. Something may appear to be ok from a carb standpoint but may have been left off the P1 sheet for a completely different reason (type of sugars present, acidity/alkalinity, etc). Just use caution

Last edited by scorbett1103; 01-16-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 164.8/150.5/128 1) -4.8,2)-3.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Love hearing all of the great WI's going on!!! Sometimes I wish there was a ticker for the whole group, I can't imagine how many TONS of weight have been lost by the people here!!!

PamC - please don't take this the wrong way, but if you've seen me on the boards you know I have to pipe in Butter and marsala wine are not approved for phase 1 - I know (and totally understand) that we all have to make this diet tolerable, and I don't say this to be critical but to inform especially with so many new folks. When anyone is deciding whether to go "off plan" a little here and there with things that might "seem" to be OK - just remember that there is more to the chemistry of this diet than calories and carbs. Something may appear to be ok from a carb standpoint but may have been left off the P1 sheet for a completely different reason (type of sugars present, acidity/alkalinity, etc). Just use caution
Scorbett, sorry, I should have made it more clear that I was deviating a little. I did research the marsala though and for that amount it seemed safe, and with the butter, the calorie and fat content is identical to olive oil, so that's why I substitute occasionally... I'm very careful on amounts and read all the fine print. I do apologize though if my post was inappropriate.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
W.I. 199.8! Feel free to sing along with me and John Mayer people....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0ZbevW2do
Wayyyyy to goooooo!!! CONGRATS !!!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #79  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
My coach is okay with lemon OR lime used sparingly.
I also use True Lemon & True Lime. These are powdered and are 0/0/0
I love the True Lime with frozen cucumber, splenda and a splash of vanilla RTD blended (LizRR's cucumber sorbet variation.) YUM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
Day one went well. Thought I might have ate my arm at some points, but I didn't. Day two, much better on the hunger front, but I got a headache and am so drained and tired. I sure hope tomorrow will be better in that regards because a classroom full of 7 year olds, after two days off, is not going to be fun!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!
Hang in there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

i just wanted to say that you are always such an inspiration!! i wanted to THANK YOU for all that you do, always ready to help with questions and very sound advice and setting such an outstanding example!! you would be one AWESOME COACH!!!

you are one beautiful soul!!!

i heart you!!!
DITTO THAT!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #80  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamC View Post
Scorbett, sorry, I should have made it more clear that I was deviating a little. I did research the marsala though and for that amount it seemed safe, and with the butter, the calorie and fat content is identical to olive oil, so that's why I substitute occasionally... I'm very careful on amounts and read all the fine print. I do apologize though if my post was inappropriate.
Oh no worries As far as the butter goes, just remember that calorie and fat content are NOT the whole story - butter and olive oil are not equivalents. The content of omega 3 and omega 6 are significantly higher in a tsp of olive oil than in a tsp of butter - butter is also higher in saturated fat while olive oil has higher monounsaturated (healthier) fat. There's good reason the program allows one and not the other

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...g-products/0/2

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fats-and-oils/509/2
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #81  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

i just wanted to say that you are always such an inspiration!! i wanted to THANK YOU for all that you do, always ready to help with questions and very sound advice and setting such an outstanding example!! you would be one AWESOME COACH!!!

you are one beautiful soul!!!

i heart you!!!
Awww...I just realized this was meant for me

I could never do any of those things without all the amazing people here, I learn from everyone, every day! I'm just glad I can contribute!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #82  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hey IPeeps - had a 'rest day' today. Tomorrow I am meeting up with my running group for our regular 6.5 mile since we had a few days hiatus after our 'thunder snow' earlier this week, I made it up on the treadmill - but it's much more fun with the group!

The running group is a slow, conversational ~10/mine mile pace and we stop every 1-1.5 miles for water. I am more mindful to make sure I have a small bite beforehand (usually a protein drink) and something after. I still haven't told anyone in the group that I'm pregnant yet, but so far I haven't had any ill effects (except for morning sickness in the afternoon - which happened last time) and I feel great. I am beat by the evening so morning workouts are definitely the way to go for me as I have a lot of energy when I wake up and it helps me get through the day.

sonya - ooooh - Costa Rica vacation - sounds awesome!!!

scorbett - I used to do the 20-mile Walk for Hunger in Boston every year when I lived there. It's a lot of fun, we always went in a big group and had a great time.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I still haven't told anyone in the group that I'm pregnant yet, but so far I haven't had any ill effects (except for morning sickness in the afternoon - which happened last time) and I feel great. I am beat by the evening so morning workouts are definitely the way to go for me as I have a lot of energy when I wake up and it helps me get through the day.

A BABY!! Congratulations!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #84  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Well I started the day well, and am not getting on that scale again till Tues-- my first official WI of my restart in Jan. Thanks for all the "hurrahs" -- it has been a great day for me, and to end it hearing Lizz is preggo, is even greater!~ It's a Good News day!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 149.2/145.2/125. -5 inches

Height: 5' 3"

Default Half Way Through Week 2

Loving this program and finding that doing it with my husband has helped us both be successful! I had my colonoscopy yesterday and man what a head rush. I had to go on clear liquids on Tue at 10am after my protein shake. I did not want to have anything with sugar so I stuck to water, chicken bullion and sugar free jello. By 6pm I had to start the bowel prep....YIKES! That wiped me out.
I was also up a lot during the night. By 5am I had to drink bottle number 2 followed by 32 oz water within an hour and then nothing by mouth until after the procedure scheduled for 1230pm. I could barely walk in the am I was so weak and my b/p dropped to 92/47. No wonder I was so weak!

When I woke I had my oatmeal in my purse and had that with a cup of coffee and 2 oz of vanilla protein drink. It hit the spot!

I rested all day yesterday and back to work today. I have been feeling rather weak tonight and tired. I am a night owl but find I am tired by 9pm. Yawn!

I hope I start feeling a bit more energized soon.

Oh, and I was down 2 pounds on top of the 4 I lost week one, due to the prep and all. Mon. am WI will be interesting. My husband says he can see a difference in my face. I noticed the same about him, plus his pants are starting to look like baggy old man pants! LOL

Night all. I enjoyed reading all today's posts! Congrats to all!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 229.8/208.6/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Just got all my stuff!!
Day 1 tomorrow!!! Wish me luck
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

Had my BL weigh in tonight down 4.2 lbs. Very excited with the program and how quickly it works!!!! YEAH! Gotta change my ticker now!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by De11s View Post
WI Wk#6 Tonight, then a meeting where we are having a soup supper, decided to make a beef stew/soup with PH1 veggies and beef so I know there will be something there for me too. Waiting patiently for a ticker, since I didn't find you all until after I started. I too am a daily weigher sometimes twice, stems from the horrific HCG I did a few years ago.
Soup was a hit and WI was Great down2.8 lbs and 2.5 inches very happy girl!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene87 View Post
Just got all my stuff!!
Day 1 tomorrow!!! Wish me luck
You don't need luck! You will do well, Congrats on your decision to be all you can be!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #90  

Height: 5'8

Hello all- I have been on IP since November 15,2012 =) this site has helped me a lot - I don't post much but mostly linger and read =) i had my 2 month WI today and I am officially down 6 pants sizes 2 shirt sizes and a total of 43 lbs - IP is truly amazing !!!!
Closed Thread