Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday, January 14, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-14-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Almost done with Tom, mine only last 36 hours or so. Drinking a lot of water. Have my WI on wednesday and I want to try to reach goal soon. Plan is to try and do the IP boot camp again
Old 01-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Back on track

Good Morning IPeeps,

Well, I'm back......woohoo!!! I kinda fell off the wagon when I tried moving to phase 3 for 2 weeks to jump start my system and it went alot longer than 2 weeks. And let me tell you I really enjoyed eating all the wrong things, and I guess I enjoyed it too much because I have put 14 pounds back on and I am MISERABLE!!!!!!!! I was miserable after the first 5 pounds going back on but now I'm worse. My pants are all too snug now, and I have gotten rid of all of my bigger sizes and I refuse to go get a bigger pair to get me thru the next week or so. And let me tell you, it is absolutley, positvily alot harder to start back on track once you have gotten off. I knew I was gaining, so I would try starting back on plan and then I'd get really hungry and grab a snack(cookies, chips, candy) to tide me over til time to eat. I think my willpower went away for awhile, because I know what to do to lose, but I just couldn't do it like I did when I started the plan. But as of right now, my mind is made up and I am back in the saddle for another go around till I reach my goal. NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP ME!!!!!!!

Glad to see so many new faces!!

Last edited by rissimo; 01-14-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/?/140

Height: 5'3''

Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum for a while. I begin my new journey tomorrow using alternatives. I'm hoping to have the same success as the members here. I'm not using a coach so I will be using the info and advice from all of you. Just to check a restricted is 8 carbs or over. Day 1 here I come!!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,

Well, I'm back......woohoo!!! I kinda fell off the wagon when I tried moving to phase 3 for 2 weeks to jump start my system and it went alot long than 2 weeks. And let me tell you I really enjoyed eating all the wrong things, and I guess I enjoyed it too much because I have put 14 pounds back on and I am MISERABLE!!!!!!!! I was miserable after the first 5 pounds going back on but now I'm worse. My pants are all too snug now, and I have gotten rid of all of my bigger sizes and I refuse to go get a bigger pair to get me thru the next week or so. And let me tell you, it is absolutley, positvily alot harder to start back on track once you have gotten off. I knew I was gaining, so I would try starting back on plan and then I'd get really hungry and grab a snack(cookies, chips, candy) to tide me over til time to eat. I think my willpower went away for awhile, because I know what to do to lose, but I just couldn't do it like I did when I started the plan. But as of right now, my mind is made up and I am back in the saddle for another go around till I reach my goal. NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP ME!!!!!!!

Rainbow was recently asking me what happened to you. Welcome back!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good morning everyone - I'm snuggled under a blanket in the recliner as I type this - it's cold here and this girlie is slow to get moving. I need some sunshine to get me motivated.

Have a great day!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Rainbow was recently asking me what happened to you. Welcome back!
Thank you. I learned a BIG lesson the past couple of months. I believe my head and heart are both back in the place they need to be for me to get back on track and lose the rest of the weight. I could really kick myself in the butt for letting it go this far, I was almost to goal.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by candowilldo View Post
Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum for a while. I begin my new journey tomorrow using alternatives. I'm hoping to have the same success as the members here. I'm not using a coach so I will be using the info and advice from all of you. Just to check a restricted is 8 carbs or over. Day 1 here I come!!
If I'm not mistaken, it is anything over 8 carbs.

Last edited by rissimo; 01-14-2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning everyone!

This is a day when I need ya'll to tell me have faith in the plan. I already know it but just need to hear it today. My official WI was yesterday, and I am +2.8 lbs. I'm pretty sure it's water retention but if so wow that's a lot of water, and not TOM. And I've been faithfully 100% OP. As I haven't seen a loss over 1.8 lbs in the last 5 WIs, I've been weighing and measuring everything, cutting out crystal light and gum just in case, etc... Plus I've started losing a lot of hair as of last week. This is the week I was going to start the alternative protocol but now I'm not sure as I'm guessing it will bump the scale up again. I just can't bear to change my ticker yet. I was so proud to be under 150 and now I have to add almost 3lbs. Ugh. Don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I am very greatful for my losses, just need some encouragement.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #10  

Quote:
I searched for the answer for you
It was in the Alternative thread, which I bumped
8 net carbs or over is restricted
Old 01-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #11  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Thank you. I learned a BIG lesson the past couple of months. I believe my head and heart are both back in the place they need to be for me to get back on track and lose the rest of the weight. I could really kick myself in the butt for letting it go this far, I was almost to goal.
Rissimo, I'm relatively new here but I wanted to say welcome back! I just had one night that I allowed my self to go off plan and then the next day I found myself thinking "what diff will it make if I'm off plan again today?" but I stopped those thoughts. My point is that I can see how easy it would be to slide down that slippery slope! Again, welcome back!!! You can do it!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps,

Well, I'm back......woohoo!!!
Good to see you back!

Quote:
Good luck with the alternatives, you will do great. Ask all the questions you need, some of the folks here know so much about alternatives, they are a gold mine of information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Almost done with Tom, mine only last 36 hours or so. Drinking a lot of water. Have my WI on wednesday and I want to try to reach goal soon. Plan is to try and do the IP boot camp again
Sonya, you are doing so great! Congrats!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Good morning everyone!

This is a day when I need ya'll to tell me have faith in the plan. I already know it but just need to hear it today. My official WI was yesterday, and I am +2.8 lbs. I'm pretty sure it's water retention but if so wow that's a lot of water, and not TOM. And I've been faithfully 100% OP. As I haven't seen a loss over 1.8 lbs in the last 5 WIs, I've been weighing and measuring everything, cutting out crystal light and gum just in case, etc... Plus I've started losing a lot of ohair as of last week. This is the week I was going to start the alternative protocol but now I'm not sure as I'm guessing it will bump the scale up again. I just can't bear to change my ticker yet. I was so proud to be under 150 and now I have to add almost 3lbs. Ugh. Don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I am very greatful for my losses, just need some encouragement.
It was just a fluctuation. Have you been exercising? Sick? Anything else that would cause inflammation?

Trust the plan. It got you under 150. It might be slower on the alt plan (for newcomers, NOT alternative products but the alternative plan for diabetics). Remember why you are choosing it. You want to feel good!

Stay off the scale til next Sunday and trust.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-14-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #14  

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps,

Well, I'm back......woohoo!!! I kinda fell off the wagon when I tried moving to phase 3 for 2 weeks to jump start my system and it went alot longer than 2 weeks. And let me tell you I really enjoyed eating all the wrong things, and I guess I enjoyed it too much because I have put 14 pounds back on and I am MISERABLE!!!!!!!! I was miserable after the first 5 pounds going back on but now I'm worse. My pants are all too snug now, and I have gotten rid of all of my bigger sizes and I refuse to go get a bigger pair to get me thru the next week or so. And let me tell you, it is absolutley, positvily alot harder to start back on track once you have gotten off. I knew I was gaining, so I would try starting back on plan and then I'd get really hungry and grab a snack(cookies, chips, candy) to tide me over til time to eat. I think my willpower went away for awhile, because I know what to do to lose, but I just couldn't do it like I did when I started the plan. But as of right now, my mind is made up and I am back in the saddle for another go around till I reach my goal. NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP ME!!!!!!!

Glad to see you back Ris!!!! Vet was looking for you last week as well! Ouve been missed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Good morning everyone!

This is a day when I need ya'll to tell me have faith in the plan. I already know it but just need to hear it today. My official WI was yesterday, and I am +2.8 lbs. I'm pretty sure it's water retention but if so wow that's a lot of water, and not TOM. And I've been faithfully 100% OP. As I haven't seen a loss over 1.8 lbs in the last 5 WIs, I've been weighing and measuring everything, cutting out crystal light and gum just in case, etc... Plus I've started losing a lot of hair as of last week. This is the week I was going to start the alternative protocol but now I'm not sure as I'm guessing it will bump the scale up again. I just can't bear to change my ticker yet. I was so proud to be under 150 and now I have to add almost 3lbs. Ugh. Don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I am very greatful for my losses, just need some encouragement.
Oh Nola!! that blasted scale!!!!!! Any inches gone?? Clothes fitting better or looser?? We KNOW there is more to this than the scale. That blasted damn scale!!! It sure reeks havoc with our emotions though.

That's happened to me this am as well. Up 1.8. Been 100% faithfully!!! Official WI is tonight but evening WIs are always higher so I'm not hopeful. But I AM NOT CHANGING my ticker! And what else are we going I do? Stop? I know that it's working and probably my body is bucking the changes so hanging in to something inside. I will push past this, and so will you. With a smile on my face. Cause I feel great! I have energy! I feel in control! Next week maybe the whoosh fairy will come to US! Have a good day and remember don't let a number define you. We are more than a number on a scale.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Cando,
Welcome! Restricted is 8 carbs plus. So 7 is that magic number! It's great when you find something you really like and it has 7 g or less of carbs.

Watch all the little things that add up; in my world at least (not everyone's), i.e., each packet of Splenda counts as 1 carb, each serving of WF counts as 1 carb - if you are being really strict, as LizRR was. Her coach said not to have more than 6 of these extras/day and I try to do that. Technically, these little extras don't have 1 full carb, but they have something and add up. I also don't have a coach and have found all the people here to be just wonderful.

Rissimo,
Welcome back! A few of us have fallen off and have come back. I gained 15-16 pounds over 4 months, now in week 2. I also dropped my goal to allow for a bigger buffer in maintenance, so have roughly 20 pounds to go.

Last edited by Chloe222; 01-14-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Closed Thread