Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 172/145/140

Height: 5'8

Default Newbie

Hi everyone

After "lurking" for almost 9 weeks I've decided to get on board I'm a little nervous as it's the first time I've done anything like this...

You all have been an inspiration to me and kept me away from the fridge reading your interesting posts!

Thank you
Old 01-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #92  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylae24 View Post
Today was day #2 on IP my first day was GREAT but today was much different! Today was the day I had to say NO!!! I had to say no to my co-worker who went to get Chinese food, to both the cookies I gave my daughter, I even wanted to eat the amazing looking cheeseburger that was on the foam plate packet (I got a kick out of that one haha) today was also the day I learned how strong I am! I want this diet to work for me I am too young to be this fat! Hopefully tomorrow I will be just as strong!
That's how you do it! One day at a time! They do add up!!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #93  
Beth

S/C/G: 244/204/170

Height: 5'7"/25yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco chick View Post
Hi everyone

After "lurking" for almost 9 weeks I've decided to get on board I'm a little nervous as it's the first time I've done anything like this...

You all have been an inspiration to me and kept me away from the fridge reading your interesting posts!

Thank you
Welcome from behind the curtains! Good luck!

Quote:
Today was day #2 on IP my first day was GREAT but today was much different! Today was the day I had to say NO!!! I had to say no to my co-worker who went to get Chinese food, to both the cookies I gave my daughter, I even wanted to eat the amazing looking cheeseburger that was on the foam plate packet (I got a kick out of that one haha) today was also the day I learned how strong I am! I want this diet to work for me I am too young to be this fat! Hopefully tomorrow I will be just as strong!
That's how it's done.. day by day with small victories! good job!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy414 View Post
Had my first rutabaga because of this site! I had to google what they looked like because I didnt know either! haah I really enjoyed the rutabaga fries recipe. Had them with a Big Mac in a bowl
Me too! Luckily, the produce at our store is labelled. Also had leeks for the first time. Not a big fan of onions in general, but they were good in the sauce I made to go over rotini. I'm trying to incorporate a new veggie every week or so. There are so many on the list I've never even heard of. Unfortunately, I live in a small town with limited produce. But there are things there I never knew about. Hoping to find jiccama soon!

Quote:
Isn't that a great feeling. There is a lot of power in making the choices that you want. And you're only on day 2! After a few more days, the cravings and the hunger go away, and it is that much easier to make those choices. I started IP towards the end of November, made it through all the temptations of the holiday, and love this feeling of power. Even at other's houses, restaurants, etc. Congrats on your great day!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #95  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Great news!!! And look at you, you aren't allowed to say you can't cook anymore
I'm not sure what I'm doing would be considered cooking but I'll take it With IP I'm finding it very easy to prepare healthy food. I just throw everything in my Actifry, add my olive oil, push a button, set my timer and go watch TV until the buzzer sounds. I eat out everyday at lunch so that's it for me. Thanks for all the support...!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
Can anyone tell me how to make the kale chips? I've heard great things about them!

Sure, remove the stem from the leaves, break up into pieces, toss in olive oil, but not too much, bake in the oven at 350 for 8-10 min or unitl crispy, when removed from oven season with whatever seasoning you wish.

Thank you everyone for the Welcome backs......I really missed everyone....And I am so happy to be back!!!!

Last edited by rissimo; 01-14-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 172/145/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytokay View Post
Welcome from behind the curtains! Good luck!

That's how it's done.. day by day with small victories! good job!
Thanks, i am currently on week two of phase two.. And struggling with the extra protein :-(

If I was to use protein powder as a substitute would that be ok? Or any other suggestions please
Old 01-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions, I am going to have to buy Rutabagas and try to roast more veggies.
Have you tried jicama? Can you get that in the wild west?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 327/327/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Trying again

So I hope this posts correctly! Yesterday I tried a quick post and lost it.

I love the inspiration from everyone here. I am on day 5 OP probably. I mean probably because I have two questions, and I've read the first two posts on ideal protein. I'm an educator and a rule follower...

Is the Onion viniagrette that goes with the Panera spinach power salad on program?

I still have two protein packs left for today. I have two extra packs a day until my weight goes down. Anyway, it's 10 until 8, and I plan to have 1, but is it awful to not have the other one? Work got busy today.

Thanks for the advice and inspiration.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 342/298/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Me too! Luckily, the produce at our store is labelled. Also had leeks for the first time. Not a big fan of onions in general, but they were good in the sauce I made to go over rotini. I'm trying to incorporate a new veggie every week or so. There are so many on the list I've never even heard of. Unfortunately, I live in a small town with limited produce. But there are things there I never knew about. Hoping to find jiccama soon!

Isn't that a great feeling. There is a lot of power in making the choices that you want. And you're only on day 2! After a few more days, the cravings and the hunger go away, and it is that much easier to make those choices. I started IP towards the end of November, made it through all the temptations of the holiday, and love this feeling of power. Even at other's houses, restaurants, etc. Congrats on your great day!

Thank you so much for the encouragement I definitely needed it today it definitely felt GREAT to say no to all the things I had been saying yes to! I definitely look up to you for saying no to all of those holiday goodies! I really don't know if I would have been as strong! I hope it continues to get easier like you said! I definitely felt a little accomplished because I didn't think I could do it but I proved myself wrong!

Last edited by kaylae24; 01-14-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #101  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensyd View Post
So I hope this posts correctly! Yesterday I tried a quick post and lost it.

I love the inspiration from everyone here. I am on day 5 OP probably. I mean probably because I have two questions, and I've read the first two posts on ideal protein. I'm an educator and a rule follower...

Is the Onion viniagrette that goes with the Panera spinach power salad on program?

I still have two protein packs left for today. I have two extra packs a day until my weight goes down. Anyway, it's 10 until 8, and I plan to have 1, but is it awful to not have the other one? Work got busy today.

Thanks for the advice and inspiration.
No - very few commercial and restaurant salad dressings are going to be IP legal - they either use Balsamic vinaigrette (which is not allowed) or sugar in the non-creamy dressings. According to the Panera website there are 8g sugar in the Onion vinaigrette - my guess is that it comes from Balsamic. You are always better off just getting some olive oil, apple cider vinegar and lemon wedges and top your salad with that and some salt. Or bring your own dressing!

Are you on four packets or five? I know some coaches put people on more than 3 packets, but I can tell you from personal experience that I used 3 packets per day from day 1 and never had an issue with my losses. It will not be the end of the world if you miss one of five packets today.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #102  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Truer words could not be spoken. It's all about who is driving your decisions - you, or the food. It's always a victory when you stay firmly behind the wheel congrats Kaylae!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Sure, remove the stem from the leaves, break up into pieces, toss in olive oil, but not too much, bake in the oven at 350 for 8-10 min or unitl crispy, when removed from oven season with whatever seasoning you wish.

Thank you everyone for the Welcome backs......I really missed everyone....And I am so happy to be back!!!!
Thanks so much! Going to give those a try. Welcome back and good luck on a fresh new start!!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
So much to catch up on! I love staying busy but I miss reading up on everyone's day!!!

Carbquik is actually NOT comparable to IP's pancake/crepe mix. There isn't nearly enough protein in it (6g per 1/3 cup, so you would have to eat almost a full cup of the mix (about 5 pancakes) to get the equivalent protein in the IP packet. That would then put you over 200 calories as well. I know a few people do choose to use it - it's not IP legal but if you choose to still use it don't treat it as a packet replacement but an "extra".

Hi Scorbett,
You have the carbquik stats right and for the pancake, I add 1 egg white which increases the protein by 4g, could add 2 and that makes it just about equivalent to an IP typical breakfast packet. I only added 1 since my breakfast also includes a protein shake (used as creamer in my 3 cups of coffee).

Thank you though for the comment. We have so many newbies here that I don't want them confused or led astray.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Have you tried jicama? Can you get that in the wild west?
Lol yes I have tried Jicama it is one of my staple veggies on IP, I had it tonight as fries. Thanks for the suggestion though cause anyone who has not tried it should
Closed Thread