Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #76  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Hello friends!!!

I've been MIA for a while, but I wanted to pop in say hi and have a place to hold myself accountable as I am back on plan to lose about 15 pounds I have gained over the past 8 months. I'm going to go 100% alternative this go round as my budget is super tight and I don't think it will take too long to lose this added weight. I started last tuesday and have my first weigh in tomorrow.

Just wanted to say hi and I am excited to be back! Can't wait to catch up on everyone else's progress
Old 01-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #77  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,

Well, I'm back......woohoo!!! I kinda fell off the wagon when I tried moving to phase 3 for 2 weeks to jump start my system and it went alot longer than 2 weeks. And let me tell you I really enjoyed eating all the wrong things, and I guess I enjoyed it too much because I have put 14 pounds back on and I am MISERABLE!!!!!!!! I was miserable after the first 5 pounds going back on but now I'm worse. My pants are all too snug now, and I have gotten rid of all of my bigger sizes and I refuse to go get a bigger pair to get me thru the next week or so. And let me tell you, it is absolutley, positvily alot harder to start back on track once you have gotten off. I knew I was gaining, so I would try starting back on plan and then I'd get really hungry and grab a snack(cookies, chips, candy) to tide me over til time to eat. I think my willpower went away for awhile, because I know what to do to lose, but I just couldn't do it like I did when I started the plan. But as of right now, my mind is made up and I am back in the saddle for another go around till I reach my goal. NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP ME!!!!!!!

Glad to see so many new faces!!
Welcome back!!!! You were a big inspiration to me when I started so it is wonderful to see you back!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #78  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Are you not going to a coach? Nashua nutrition does a great job of getting the orders to you in a couple of days.
Nashua takes exactly a week to get to me in Washington State. I am sure it's not them or their packing but the slow/ground shipping (and me not paying for expedited shipping). Lucky you that are closer!

On another thread I told the story - but DH wanted one of my bars. I would part with one but when he asked for seconds I refused to share another, thinking about a week long journey of a new bar shipment. LOL next time I order, I'll get him his own box! (or two).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
OOOO HAPPY DAY!!!!! RISSIMO IS BACK!!!!!!!!!

gf....we ALL TOTALLY UNDERSTAND...welcome back to the family!!! YOU WERE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!
What Rainbow said!! WELCOME BACK RISSIMO!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Lisa!

Just curious, what sort of flavor does the braggs amino acid give? Is that similar to soy sauce? I've never used it and curious!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #80  

Here's what daily weighing can do to your psyche:

Fri am: 257
Sat am: 260
Sun am: 260
Mon am: 260
Mon before supper: 260
Mon after supper: 263.5

LE sigh. This is why you can't let this bug you!!! It's just a flippity flip flippin scale!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #81  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

So much to catch up on! I love staying busy but I miss reading up on everyone's day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Hello Everyone. I'm still here and cooking up a storm...LOL Loving roasting veggies in oven. Tonight I'm using my Actifry to make Buffalo Wings. Life is good and got a clean bill of health from my Dr. today. Going back in a month for more blood work to make sure he can take me off my cholesterol medication. Then I'll be Med's free for the first time in my life.
Great news!!! And look at you, you aren't allowed to say you can't cook anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSeeker View Post

Bad news:
I have to have a routing (that is actually good) Colonoscopy tomorrow. I have been on clear lix since 10am and I am tired and starving and I start the TNT drink now. I will be good friends with the white fixture in my bathroom all night and all am. Test is not until noon tomorrow. UGH! I want food!!!

But, I am happy about my WL!!!
Ugh - good luck on your scope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
Is Muscle Milk light chocolate a comparable alternative to the IP chocolate RTD? I ask because I have some leftover in the fridge and wondered if I should/could drink them this week.
The powder is too high in carbs, but the Ready to Drink has 160 calories, 10g carbs/4g dietary fiber and 20g protein. That is fine to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
All,
Just had a carbquik pancake for breakfast, made with 1 egg white, along with WF pancake syrup. Have been feeling ill, not down and out with the flu, but on the ragged edge. So had a larger breakfast today as I ate very little the past 2 days. The pancake was easy and filling. (I use alternatives,m, so new folks using IP, this is a substitute for the IP pancake and its the low carb version of Bisquick.) BTW, have to say that the IP pancake is more tasty than this one.
Carbquik is actually NOT comparable to IP's pancake/crepe mix. There isn't nearly enough protein in it (6g per 1/3 cup, so you would have to eat almost a full cup of the mix (about 5 pancakes) to get the equivalent protein in the IP packet. That would then put you over 200 calories as well. I know a few people do choose to use it - it's not IP legal but if you choose to still use it don't treat it as a packet replacement but an "extra".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,

Well, I'm back......woohoo!!!
I remember you from when I first started in the summer - welcome back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Yeah, but what do I do right now?

PS Great job on a loss even with TOM!! Gotta love it!!
Wal Mart, CVS and Walgreens all carry products in their Diet aisle that can be IP legal. Just check the labels of everything and look for this info:

Under 200 calories per serving
Less than 30% total calories from fat (take the calories from fat and multiply by 3 - if it's lower than the total calories in the serving you're good).
Carb count (to determine restricted vs unrestricted)
Protein content - at least 12g protein per serving
Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #82  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
Thanks Lisa!

Just curious, what sort of flavor does the braggs amino acid give? Is that similar to soy sauce? I've never used it and curious!
Braggs is a lot like soy sauce - I find it to be a little saltier so I just adjust the seasonings when I use it.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 265.2/240.8/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobehealthy View Post
I have never had a rutabega, and I don't even know what one looks like, but I must admit that reading this forum today really made me want to try it!
Had my first rutabaga because of this site! I had to google what they looked like because I didnt know either! haah I really enjoyed the rutabaga fries recipe. Had them with a Big Mac in a bowl
Old 01-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #84  
Beth

S/C/G: 244/204/170

Height: 5'7"/25yo

Evenin' everybody!

getting a little worried... I have been coughing today at work and continuing here at home. Usually when I feel like I'm about to get sick I kill some orange juice with extra pulp to get some vitamin C! I don't really believe in emergen-c's power, but are there any other recommendations to help avoid a full-on cold? Vitamin C supplements? Would it affect the protocol? Thanks in advanced for the help.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #85  
Beth

S/C/G: 244/204/170

Height: 5'7"/25yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy414 View Post
Had my first rutabaga because of this site! I had to google what they looked like because I didnt know either! haah I really enjoyed the rutabaga fries recipe. Had them with a Big Mac in a bowl
I did this too the first time I have big mac in a bowl and OH MY... a very filling meal. It was a struggle to eat everything (knowing that I HAD to)... Now I eat my rutabagas separately by themselves. They are definitely a favorite but I guess high in carbs so I have to force myself to limit them.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 300/257/180

Height: 5' 5"

I found this site by accident and hope it will help to motivate me I have lost 43 bls on my own by counting calories using on my Kindle Fire the Lose It program. I found out this past year I have Rheumatoid arthritis and hurt my knee so exercise is limited. Any suggestions on when you hit a weight and you just can not get past that 5 bls back and forth. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampamleanne View Post
I found this site by accident and hope it will help to motivate me I have lost 43 bls on my own by counting calories using on my Kindle Fire the Lose It program. I found out this past year I have Rheumatoid arthritis and hurt my knee so exercise is limited. Any suggestions on when you hit a weight and you just can not get past that 5 bls back and forth. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
So, are you DOING Ideal Protein now?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

Can anyone tell me how to make the kale chips? I've heard great things about them!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 342/298/185

Height: 5'11"

Today was day #2 on IP my first day was GREAT but today was much different! Today was the day I had to say NO!!! I had to say no to my co-worker who went to get Chinese food, to both the cookies I gave my daughter, I even wanted to eat the amazing looking cheeseburger that was on the foam plate packet (I got a kick out of that one haha) today was also the day I learned how strong I am! I want this diet to work for me I am too young to be this fat! Hopefully tomorrow I will be just as strong!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty17 View Post
You inspired me last year when I started IP! Especially, when money got tight and you helped me with alternative products.
Looking forward to losing the weight and then some using alternatives again. If there is a list of alternatives out there, that would be great.
Thank you...working on the list. I had it all ready and tried posting it today and my computer wouldn't let me, so I was going to do it tonight and my computer crashed and it deleted. So I am retyping it and should have it within the next couple days.
Closed Thread