Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Hi! I'm a "try again" newbie. I started IP January 2011 and in 6 weeks had lost 40lbs and felt so good that I decided to quit and do it on my own...nope. So 3 weeks ago I started again with those 40lbs back on plus an additional 10 or so. Tomorrow is 3 weeks and I'm down 20 pounds! I know I can get it off for good this time and I am confident that I have chosen a goal weight that is both attainable and maintainable forever! I love reading about the successes in loss and the successes in maintenance on 3FC!
ShanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Hello!! I started IP in early October and have lost 37 pounds so far. The first 3 days were a little difficult (hungry, headache) but it all worked out. I have felt great since then. This is the first time I have been able to go to parties and not even be tempted to sample a little of everything.

I came off IP for Xmas eve and Xmas and truthfully I felt really lousy. I happily jumped right back on board on the 26th and feel good again. I love the support and advice offered on this site, I visit at least once a day (tend to lurk and not post too much). I have started combining IP with alternatives for the past month or so and have had no impact in my losses.

Welcome to everyone starting new or rejoining us! Ask questions, read often and learn from people who truly understand what you are going through.
kileymed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to all the newbies.

My name is Mandy, and I'm in Illinois. I started on October 1st of 2012 and have lost 46 pounds in 3 months! The first four days of the diet were terrible (carb withdrawal), but after that it has been smooth sailing. I use all alternative (non-IP) products other than the potassium supplements. I've never been to a clinic and am doing this with the wonderful support I found here.

My best piece of advice is to not compare your losses to others. We all lose the weight differently.
sahmmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #34  
Joined IP 6-26-12

Height: 4' 10"

Hi. I am Dee from Laplace, LA. I started IP in late June ‘12 and have lost 54#, 7 before IP. Weight loss has been a little slower for me than some, but this is the only diet I have lost consistently. I have hypothyroidism and have no thyroids, just take medicine for the hormones. 3FC site has been a life saver. Everyone contributes great ideas, recipes and inspiration. No one is alone in this journey. Looking forward to reaching goal in 2013.
Missdee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post

My first thought on reading your post was that you'll have a long drive to find all the new clothes you'll need to buy after losing weight on IP.
Haha! So true. I am skilled at shopping online! However, I have usually been ordering the biggest size available at most plus sized stores, so I may have to make a special trip to actually try some clothes on in a few months.

Your weight loss is amazing, by the way! So inspirational. Yo are so close to 100 lbs lost. I imagine that's going to be a big celebration! Any plans?
1LittleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! I'm Jessica and I mostly lurk. I started on 9/22/2012, and I've lost 44 pounds. I live in sunny south Florida, and it sure is nice to be more comfortable wearing less clothing! My advice is to make sure that you try different food items until you find what you can stand. Not everything is going to be tasty, but food is fuel!
tobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:31 AM   #37  

Welcome to all the new people!!! This is a great site and will give you encouragement whenever you need it! IP has been amazing for me. I am learning so much about me and how IP isn't a diet but a lifelong lesson on how to eat correctly. I started dieting in mid sept and lave lost 50lbs which was my goal by the end of 2012. Lots of recipes in the threads that have saved me when i get bored and have learned to try many new veggies!
I have moved to alternative products because IP was killing my budget. Again, a bunch of threads on alternative products!!!!
BTW - WUV, SCORBETT and HALFAGAIN are inspirational!!!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year and happy new you to all the newbies! I'm Leona fron Montana. I started IP in June. I have lost 27 lbs and have 65to to go. I have had lots of weeks with low or no loss, but I believe in this program. For the first time I can actually see myself reaching goal.

Best of luck to everyone just starting, and to those of you continuing from last year...may we all be successful this year!
mom2hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome all the new IPeeps and all the reboots!

I have been on IP since the last week of July 2012 and have lost over 50lbs. I started the week before my school reunion. So I have followed the program through all types of get togethers big and small. This includes friends birthdays, BBQ's, anniversaries, formal parties etc. This program can very easily fit in to any occasion. You just have to accept the fact that you can[t eat everything; that is important to know during and after, because the before is what brought us here. YOU can do this!

Best wishes and stay in touch for mutual support!
rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #40  

Hi everyone! I'm Lisa from St Louis.
I've been on IP since the first week in August and (I think) I've lost 55 lbs.
I'm on vacation in FL and I can't WI til I get home so no ticker changes til then (the scale here said I gained SIX lbs so it isn't calibrated anywhere NEAR the scale at my clinic -- nothing to stress over...I've been OP...learning delayed gratification by being on a long-term weight loss plan anyway)

I'm another "been overweight or obese my entire adult life"
Even when I wasn't fat (early teens), I thought I was (self-fulfilling prophecy)

In 2002-03, I lost 100 lbs on Atkins but never got to goal (took a "break" to "maintain for a while"-ha!). Now, 10 years later, with an 85 lb re-gain, I'm back doing it again. IP is easier for me than Atkins (limits choices) but I know the inner carb addict is only on hiatus while I'm in ketosis and I'll still have to deal with learning to maintain, after I reach goal.

One step at a time.

I chose IP b/c I thought I needed the structure and the maintenance support. I never paid one-lick of attention to the Atkins maintenance plan, I just used stretches of "induction" to help maintain/control my weight for a while. True maintenance will be learning to eat within the boundaries my body can handle, without having to return to a diet plan all the time. This will be a lifetime issue for me but it is one I'm ready to tackle!

I don't have a weight-loss "resolution" for the upcoming year, but I DO have some organizational issues I need to get under control at my house. Getting to goal and maintaining thru the rest of the year and tackling the boxes of stuff that need to be tackled are my focuses for 2013.

And, although I won't be at goal yet, I'll be a whole lot "fabulouser" at 50 in March than I was at 49 last March!

Welcome to all the newcomers,

And know I couldn't have gotten this far w/o the support of 3FC-IP

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-31-2012 at 05:07 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #41  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

My name is Sharon and I started IP on June 14. I currently live in Louisiana. At my last Weigh-In almost 3 weeks ago, I had lost 57 pounds. I'm sure at least another 3 have come off so that I can claim 60 pounds gone! My weight loss has been slow (for this program) but very steady. I feel great!

I, too, have been overweight my entire life and am happy to say that I am no longer overweight! This diet is wonderful - and I love the IP food. I've been 100% on IP products, but will probably add alternatives to my maintenance program. I plan to phase off properly and maintain this new weight.

Welcome! You'll be glad you made this choice! The forum has been a wonderful support 24/7. It's a great motivation to network with people who are going through the same challenges and successes on this journey!

Bet of luck to all the newbies! Check in often!

Last edited by joysh; 12-31-2012 at 12:57 PM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #42  

My name is Kay and I live in Hattiesburg, MS. I started IP Sept. 13, 2012. I have been 100% since I started and as of today have lost 41 lbs. I am half way to goal. This is going to be an awesome new year.

Last edited by Kay2012; 12-31-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Kay2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #43  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

My name is Lynn and I live in Manchester, Conn.

I started on April 4th and have lost 94 pounds so far.

When I turned 49 in January I told myself that I would not enter my 50's like I spent my 40's. It took me a few months to do something about it and am so glad that I found this program! I will be celebrating my 50th birthday on Sunday at least 94 pounds lighter - and much healthier - than my 49th!

I will be phasing off for my vacation in February and will be back on program the day we get back to finish. Hopefully I will get to 100# before we go!

There will always be a holiday, birthday or another reason to not stay on program. I started a few days before Easter, and brought my own meat. On this program I have learned to plan - I go online and check menu's before I go to a particular restaurant, I will bring a dish that I can eat to a gathering.

Good luck to all of the newbies in here - you can do it! This site is invaluable!! There is so much knowledge, experience and compassion here.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Everyone is so amazing here with their losses and support....newbies this site will get you thru some tough times!!!!!! This diet is amazing where you quickly see results. Easy to stick to after you get over the first 4 days. I used to hate vegetables, now I love them and will eat almost anything now. I am Kelly, live in Ontario...I lost 50lbs, started Mar 7, so it took me about 5 months to loose. Now I am back on to loose a few I have gained since August.

Welcome newbies you will do great.
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #45  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

Welcome IP Newbies,
My name is Tammie I started IP October 29, 2012 as of last Thursday I have lost 28 lbs. This program and site is absolutely amazing!!!
4Mom is offline   Reply With Quote