Old 12-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Outback Steakhouse is very accommodating for IP. I have ordered an 8 oz. steak dry-grilled (no oil or butter) along with plain steamed broccoli and had no issues!!!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #17  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Height: 5'5"

Anybody know what to get at Chilis?
fitandfabfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog View Post
Dry-grilled steak, steamed broccoli and a salad!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 300/277/150

Height: 5' 4"

I just went to Kelseys the other night and didnt really have any trouble. I asked for my steak dry cooked saying I had a lactose allergy. I got steamed veggies.. with no garlic butter.. my waiter was actually really good at asking.. and also a side caeser salad with just the lettuce. They were really accomodating. Could also be because we have to bring my son his own food cause he is celiac... but i didnt have any trouble. I used my own WF dressing and sea salt on the steak.. it was good.
DannaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #20  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

My life is all about restaurants- I work for The Food Network and have meetings with them everyday. Some of the nicest in the country that start at $250 per plate to great destination restaurants.

And I don't eat at any of them on IP! I just constantly remind myself of how I want to feel in Maui, my upcoming 30th birthday in November, etc.

I feel your pain sister.
SFNinerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNinerGirl View Post
My life is all about restaurants- I work for The Food Network and have meetings with them everyday. Some of the nicest in the country that start at $250 per plate to great destination restaurants.

And I don't eat at any of them on IP! I just constantly remind myself of how I want to feel in Maui, my upcoming 30th birthday in November, etc.

I feel your pain sister.
Wow that must be tough. I couldn't do that everyday. Torture. I love good food and trying things. Good for you for sticking to plan.
ladylunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

My two favorite places to eat are Fire and Ice, and Brazilian restaurants. Fire and Ice is a place where you pick your own veggies, meats, sauces and they cook it in front of you on a big Mongolian grill. I also fill up with salad from their big salad bar. I don't even miss the rice or tortillas!

Brazilian restaurant buffets are amazing. We get the rodizio where they bring Skewers of meat to your table. I fill my plate with fresh salad and cooked veggies, then have my meat at the table.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
My two favorite places to eat are Fire and Ice, and Brazilian restaurants. Fire and Ice is a place where you pick your own veggies, meats, sauces and they cook it in front of you on a big Mongolian grill. I also fill up with salad from their big salad bar. I don't even miss the rice or tortillas!

Brazilian restaurant buffets are amazing. We get the rodizio where they bring Skewers of meat to your table. I fill my plate with fresh salad and cooked veggies, then have my meat at the table.
I LOVE Fire and Ice! I have eaten their three times since i've been on IP (I was there this Saturday) and it's always delicious and OP. It also helps when you're eating with others because they can have whatever they want too without compromising.

I haven't been to a Brazilian steakhouse in AGES, but that sounds so good! Now i wish i hadn't eaten dinner yet. I'm salivating...
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #24  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I found another go-to dish at Applebees - the Zesty Roma Chicken & Shrimp. Just order it without the Roma sauce or cheese, hold the potato and get double veggie - DEEELICIOUS!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #25  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Height: 5'5"

what do they grill it in if it isn't "dry" grilled?
fitandfabfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #26  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

We eat out a lot, and since I did Atkins for nearly a year before starting IP, it was only a slight change...

I've found that I can find SOMETHING to eat almost everywhere. The latest foray was going to Old Spaghetti Factory.

Yep, have to agree that "gluten free" just annoys the **** out of me, because I'm asking if they put filler in their meatballs, and the waitress is looking all confused. I ask, "Are the meatballs gluten free?" meaning, did they stuff it full of bread product? No, meatballs at OSF are NOT gluten free, but she so kindly ran off to get me a gluten-free menu...which didn't do me one darn bit of good.

So, I got a large green salad with a "side" of salad shrimp - no dressing.
There are no-at least I've found none-restaurants that have a truly IP friendly salad dressing.

I have a "take in" bag that I keep with me when I leave the house. In it I have my homemade salad dressing, low carb ketchup, low carb bbq sauce, some soy sauce packs (I like it on steamed veggies) some vinegar packs, and mustard, because for some reason in Canada, asking for mustard is close to a sin in some restaurants. (I'm a displaced American, btw)

Anyway....I was pleased with my salad, and added my own dressing.

I will eat A&W, Burger King, and my favorite Carl's Jr. You can order any burger or grilled chicken "low carb" and they USUALLY know what to do... no bun, either a lettuce wrap or served on a plate with the veggies. I also, of course make SURE they are all NO Condiments.

I've eaten at Denny's, a place here called ABC Restaurant (chain), Red Robin (they are very god with low carb options if you ask) Any burger is going to be higher fat content, but it's better than the alternative of falling off the wagon. I order burgers all the veggies minus the bun and condiments. And I've never had any place make a fuss about subbing a salad for the fries. I even attempted a Chinese buffet - though I knew ahead of time what they had - and there were plenty of meat and veggie options not soaked in sauces. I actually lost a pound by the next day. I don't advise any newbies to low carb eating attempt buffets though...it's not easy, and MOST I've been to don't work at all for IP.

It's all doable. I've not found anywhere I absolutely cannot eat, though some restaurants (such as Swiss Chalet here in Canada) are kind of a pain. I wanted no carrots in my steamed veggies, and they said that wasn't possible. It was carrots and broccoli. I asked for no carrots in my green salad also, and got a ton. I just picked them out with and ate around them.

What I do mostly, is let the waitress know I have "special health issues" not being specific, and they usually are really good about working with me. Except, as I said, Swiss Chalet... (Not going back there anytime soon)
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Mind if I jump in here? I'm not on IP but my plan is similar (minus the packaged food). I don't eat dairy, sugar, fake sugars, yeast, flour, salt, wheat, gluten.....So some of these rest. are tough for me too. The chain restaurants usually have pre packaged frozen meats that are seasoned with salt (lots of it) and sugary marinade. I always do better at Non chain restaurants. I do like the chinese buffets that have the grill with fresh meats and veggies (add oil or not). You make the plate and they cook.
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog View Post
what do they grill it in if it isn't "dry" grilled?
They will throw a giant clump of butter on at the end!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Just got back from longhorn steakhouse and it was great for IP! Lots of steak options, few chicken options, side salads, green beans, asparagus, mixed veggies. Had a delicious meal and topped it off with a hot tea with milk!
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #30  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
I have done their Salmon, they do a smart choice one without butter! Husband has gotten the fajitas minus onions and a few other things, just chops up the meat and eats it without shells, asks for no butter.
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote