3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270781-maintainers-vol-9-a.html)

locopollo 12-13-2012 09:35 AM

100 wineries. :dizzy: I don't know if that's my dream or my nightmare! :lol:

Liz, you're right. Don't compromise your energy for the run. Phase 1 afterwards until you're back to where you want to be, or a combo P1&P2.

I just had chili for breakfast. :D I am at the top of my acceptable range. But I survived going out for family style dinner. I did not drink. I made decent choices without being too much of a pain in the butt. I was angry about work when I got there and angry about the way the bill was split when I left (sounds like I have anger issues, but I think I am just under a lot of stress lately), and I DIDN'T HAVE ANY WINE OR SWEETS. :carrot:

The holidays are tough. :( But they can be managed.

Lizzy63 12-13-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoriKay (Post 4555435)
I know I can have cheese and/or salad dressing for my "fat" meal. What else do you like? Just looking for some ideas.

1/4 cup of pecans - I love them!!

Maile 12-14-2012 09:16 AM

You can also add avocado. I love pecans also!

Thank goodness today is Friday. I ate teriyaki chicken last night and see the water gain. I have a holiday part tomorrow. Today's plan is to keep low carb and exercise! I am trying to get ready for my 3 adult children who will arrive next week and it will be a cooking fest!

Cap: I am glad you are doing well and are back. I hope your legs get better.

Ishbel 12-14-2012 11:34 AM

cap I second maile's welcome! :) Good to see your name on the boards again!

locco YAY for staying strong. You're right, it's difficult but it can be done! :)

So went to the podiatrist this week, changed my orthotics as apparently after 140 lbs then the original orthotics won't fit (duh @ me). Which wouldn't help my hip problem. I also when to the medical doc yesterday and apparently I have bursitis in my hips...BOTH of them. So the T-Band of my hip is irritating the bursa and it's a never ending cycle. So even though massage and yoga are 'helping' the recovery time is going to be longer then I expected. I plan on doing what I'm doing and icing almost every night (which isn't pleasant). We'll see how I feel in Jan but since it's been a few months (ignored it and ran when they hurt..I know dumb) I may be tempted to get a cortisone shot...that scares me though. I had one once and it hurt like the dickens (course that's not the word I'd use off line)

fitgirl2012 12-14-2012 11:49 AM

greeniris - glad to hear that you found your "sweet spot!" How is the gym search going for you?

Hgamroth - I did gain 1 pound (almost instantly in phase 3 once I started to workout. I'm doing the P90X program, and love it!! It includes a lot of strength training & some good cardio. I've been working out about 1 hr 15 minutes every day. I also want to add additional cardio to the program, but I'm scared to overdo it. I don't want to get addicted to 2 hour workouts again. How's the C25K program going?

LizRR - I love your profile picture! You look so fit & healthy! :-)

Maile - Like the avocado advice! I will probably add that back in during my lunches (about 1/4 an avocado? Does that sound like too much? Otherwise I love my almonds too! I hope that you enjoy time with your children next week11!

Cap - You don't know me, but I did read many of your posts when I first started this program. I, too, am glad that you are back!

My husband and I got back home yesterday from Texas. He had back surgery last wednesday and looks to be on the mend. I did stay on plan (remember it was my last 3 phase 3 days & I was soooo nervous?!) Well, I packed my own english muffins & PB2 all measured out. Once our flight landed in Texas, we headed to Whole Foods where I bought the rest of my breakfast foods, extra HB eggs & veggies. We ate out a few times mostly Subway, Olive Garden, where I stayed on plan with the ideas thrown out by IP dieters (thanks by the way!!). I also worked out for an hour 2 of the days that we were there. This morning I weighed in & lost .1 lb. Not bad!! TODAY IS MY FIRST DAY OF MAINTENANCE!! :carrot: Let the hard work begin!! I may be asking for input on my meal plan, if you don't mind. My coach hasn't offered much input there.

Question: Is there a limit to total carbs & total fats for a maintenance day? Or do you just follow the "avoid carbs with fats" rule? Also, since my weight hasn't changed, even with adding back some serious weight training & cardio, should I not increase my caloric intake? Right now, my calories are around 1490 per day (typical phase 3 day). My coach told me that I should be taking in around 2000 calories. Any thoughts on this?

Sorry for the very long post...it's been a while! Thanks...and have a GREAT FRIDAY!! :-)

Hgamroth 12-14-2012 08:04 PM

fitgirl2012--The c25k program is fun! I really want to ease into running because I used to have plantars fasciitis (no orthodics anymore!!!) and I don't want to hurt myself. It is amazing how 25 minutes of running and walking is SO EASY with 60+ pounds off of me! I am also doing the eliptical with varied intensity for 20 minutes. I used to huff and puff throughout this workout and now I barely break a sweat. I want to try P90X when I am in better shape. :)

LizRR 12-15-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4556990)
fitgirl2012--The c25k program is fun! I really want to ease into running because I used to have plantars fasciitis (no orthodics anymore!!!) and I don't want to hurt myself. It is amazing how 25 minutes of running and walking is SO EASY with 60+ pounds off of me! I am also doing the eliptical with varied intensity for 20 minutes. I used to huff and puff throughout this workout and now I barely break a sweat. I want to try P90X when I am in better shape. :)

Its amazing how our bodies forgive us, I also had plantar fasciitis (along with knee & back pain) pre-IP when I attempted running. All gone after dropping 72lb! Its sad when I think back to how long I just lived with the pain, stretching my heel each morning and wearing my orthotic shoes for 3+ years. It is a true blessing to be given this second chance to LIVE, so thankful for a supportive family and all yall to see me through. Looking forward to when I am where Mailie is at, hitting long term maintenance.

Hgamroth 12-15-2012 08:04 AM

Today is my first "FUN" day!!! I plan on my usual phase 3 breakfast and my usual big salad with tuna at lunch but going to thoroughly enjoy myself at my hubby's Christmas party tonight. I am so excited for a weekend away. I am finished with finals and grandma is taking my kids so there will be some celebrating and fun tonight! I will be shopping for new running shoes in the morning. Me! Running! NEVER thought I would say that. :)

Lizzy63 12-15-2012 11:24 AM

Fitgirl - glad to hear DH's surgery went well and you stayed OP. Its so easy to slip when you're stressed!

Ishbel - sorry to hear about your health problems.

I will admit to being a bit skeptical about the phase 1 day routine... The idea that if you follow the cheat day with a phase 1 day somehow you won't gain. Isn't this just a different way of balancing calories over the week? Would it be just as effective to balance calories some other way, like 2 phase 3 days? Or is there some real science behind this, as my coach tried to tell me?

I have to admit, the idea of having a shake for breakfast is killing me! I love my breakfast!

Thoughts, anyone?

cbl70 12-15-2012 05:26 PM

Lizzy, I think the real purpose of the Phase I day following a cheat day is to remind us the extremes of how we eat. It's an instant reminder of how we eat to gain weight and how we eat to lose. Unless we have this reminder, I think it's way to easy to start making everyday a little bit of a cheat day. And then we are right back where we started. Just my thoughts....

fitgirl2012 12-15-2012 05:36 PM

Hgamroth - enjoy your first "FUN" day!!! You will have to let us know how it goes tonight...as well as how well the phase 1 day works. I haven't had a fun day yet...I'm scared at the thought of it...so I'm continuing with phase 3 days for now. I wonder if that is a problem? I'm planning my first fun day for Christmas. But I have also thought that maybe I should "test the waters" to see how I'd even feel while having a fun day for the holidays arrive. Ughh...decisions, decisions!! :) I think that your plan for breakfast & lunch sound like a good way to start your fun day. Enjoy...you deserve it!!

Lizzy63- thanks for your kind words! Like you, I'm just as skeptical about the phase 1 day routine... the idea that if you follow the cheat day with a phase 1 day you won't gain. As I stated above, I'm nervous to even try it...but I will eventually!

Enjoy your weekend!

locopollo 12-15-2012 06:27 PM

My coach tells me that after I indulge, I should just cut the carbs the next day. Not P1, which she calls extreme, but more like P2. She is also more a fan of cheat meals than cheat days.

Ishbel 12-16-2012 10:58 AM

lizzy The cheat/clean cycle is in a few diets out there. I think the theory is to not let our bodies get used to what we're eating. That being said there is a lot of people on here that don't do the 'cheat day' and thereby don't need a 'phase 1' day and they are maintaining beautifully. Also think it's a mental game "you can have that, just wait for fun day". We're not suppose to be so regimented that we do not allow ourselves some 'fun'. Many people on here are good at keeping it low carb ALL the time and only need to do a full phase 1 day once in a while (but they are allowing themselves bits of fun along the way just not a full day).

As for not doing the whole day Phase 1....from my experience...if you have a balls to the wall fun day, do the whole day Phase 1. Personally if I didn't do a full clean Phase 1 day then that's more days without my precious breakfast so I just 'git r' dun' on Sunday (today). And I've done a fun day every week since I started maintenance and a Phase 1 day the day after. I've tried with just meat...or even alternatives...it just works better (for me) to do my full day of Phase 1 with IP products. I don't know why but the scale is nicer to me when I keep it to IP products.

One day I hope to be like others on here...and just have a 'treat' now and then. But right now I like relaxing the rules and allowing fat and carbs together. I quite enjoy having a cheeseburger and then having a small ice cream cone afterwards and not worrying about that. :)

Good luck!! Maintenance is all about what works for you.

So I bought Jillian Michael's ab work out since I can't do any high tempo cardio....my uber fit gf off line is also creating a back/ab/arm workout for me (Christmas present/wedding preparation lol) So until my hips settle, that's what I'll be doing. Meanwhile, I'm walking around the house with ice packs on my hips! I'm hawt! lol

Maile 12-16-2012 11:21 AM

Ishbel: I am sorry to hear about your hips and the bursitis. I hope the ice packs are helping. Would acupuncture help?

Holly: I notice that I go up stairs with less huffing and puffing! I am on the lookout for new training shoes also, but am going to wait until I hit Honolulu in two weeks.

Lizr: It is so exciting that you are painfree and runnng.

Lizzy63: My coach was like Locopollo's..cut back on carbs the next day. However, you only need to do a Phase 1 if you are up from a fun day. Some people prefer all IP products. I mainly change breakfast to very low carb..and eat the same.

Locopollo: the problem with all of these wineries, is that you get used to very very good wine! Plus, many of our friends are connected with the industry and there are lots of wine social events. Good for you staying away from wine and sweets at that party.

Fitgirl: 1/4 avocado sounds perfect. I am glad your husband's surgery went well. I honestly don't know a total carb/calorie/fat day count for IP. I just calculated the breakfast and kept eating low carb the rest of the day.

Two holiday parties down. I am still in my range! I did enjoy a cream cheese jalapeno popper yesterday which fortunately did not do any damage.

momat40 12-16-2012 12:21 PM

Haven't posted in a while, but always lurk. It keeps me accountable now that I'm on maintenance. Yesterday was my DHs year end party and the food was great. I had 4 drinks w/no water in between and I paid for it on the drive home. I felt sick to my stomach all night. So looking forward to my Phase 1 day today and feel so much better. On a funny note, I felt cheated that they didn't offer any desserts. I usually do a cheat meal and stick to Phase 3 on most days, so was soooo looking forward to great desserts. It will have to wait till next week.

Thanks to all that share their stories, it keeps us motivated.