3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270781-maintainers-vol-9-a.html)

greeniris 12-07-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 (Post 4550053)
I agree with you! There is a lot of planning, and I feel like I live at the grocery store! I'm right along with you in phase 3. I didn't know that we can have all veggies now...is that correct?

Quote:

Originally Posted by infoplease (Post 4550062)
I tried to post on this earlier but it didn't go thru.
P3 when I did it in August 2012 did NOT include all the veggies.
P3 is just the breakfast changes and keep the rest of the day like P2.
You only want to do the insulin rush once.

On Dr Tran's website it does say add all the veggies and dairy at other meals, but those that have posted here doing IP with coaches and IP sheets don't add all the veggies until Phase 4 (those on alternatives who follow the IP sheets also have stated they do it the same way).

Did they change it?:?:

Hmmm - I have a P3 Protocol sheet that says we can have all veggies, EXCEPT potatoes. Not sure if I got it from my coach awhile back, or here on the 3FC site somewhere. I know my clinic really doesn't keep up-to-date well on changes to the protocols. On Tuesday I go back to the clinic and actually meet with the doctor. She likes to meet with everyone just before they go into maintenance, & I will clarify then and let you know. I have not made any other changes besides breakfast. In the meantime, will go easy on the corn & other P1/P2 no-nos. (Sure wish they would put the updated dates on the Protocol sheets so we know which version we have.)

Lizzy63 12-07-2012 06:29 PM

Greeniris - I have a phase 3 protocol sheet dated 06/02/12 - this one allows 4 cups of the "select" veggies. So, according to this one, no corn. :(

locopollo 12-07-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy63 (Post 4550788)
Greeniris - I have a phase 3 protocol sheet dated 06/02/12 - this one allows 4 cups of the "select" veggies. So, according to this one, no corn. :(

Do they ever consider corn a vegetable? :?: I would consider it a grain. I really need to dig out all of my materials and review them. :dizzy: I do seem to recall that I had no potatoes on my plan until Phase 4.

Lizzy63 12-07-2012 07:42 PM

On my sheet, corn is listed in the "not permitted" category under veggies, along with carrots, potatoes, artichokes and all sorts of really yummy stuff! Glad to be arriving at phase 4 Monday so I can have some of these again!

Determinedat47 12-07-2012 09:28 PM

Corn has about as many carbs as a snickers. Actually, at least a snickers has protein. Don't think corn is healthy.

Lizzy63 12-08-2012 09:20 AM

Oh my!! Never thought about it that way... DH loves corn, but I will never feel the same about eating it now!

What I really can't wait for is a sweet potato. Not sure how I'm going to do it - definitely some Splenda brown sugar, but since I'm not supposed to mix fats and carbs, no butter to mix it all together. Any ideas?

Hgamroth 12-08-2012 09:52 AM

Hello ladies! I can't believe I am posting on THIS thread! I will be officially joining maintenance in 1 week! I am LOVING phase 3 and can easily see myself eating this way for the rest of my life. Breakfast has always been my favorite meal so I am in heaven eating my breakfast every morning. :) I have been lurking for quite a while and may have questions down the road.

Determinedat47 12-08-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy63 (Post 4551137)
Oh my!! Never thought about it that way... DH loves corn, but I will never feel the same about eating it now!

What I really can't wait for is a sweet potato. Not sure how I'm going to do it - definitely some Splenda brown sugar, but since I'm not supposed to mix fats and carbs, no butter to mix it all together. Any ideas?

Sweet potatoes are nutritional powerhouses- very good for you. I believe there is brown sugar made with splenda- and a few sprays of the non fat I can't believe it's not butter and I bet it would be yummy I bet a plain sweet potato would be delicious as well.

Momto2cs 12-08-2012 01:17 PM

And baked sweet potato fries are delish!

fitgirl2012 12-08-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4551302)
And baked sweet potato fries are delish!

Yummy! I also, in the past, bake my sweet potato & then put nonfat Greek yogurt on it (in place of sour cream). Does that sound doable for maintenance dinners?

fitgirl2012 12-08-2012 01:36 PM

Lizzy, Holly, & Greeniris...looks like we'll all be starting maintenance around the same time!!! Congrats to all!! :carrot:

Maile 12-08-2012 06:55 PM

Cbl70: Try having a sweet potato or one half cup of black beans with dinner. I did go through a Phase where I kept losing because I was scared to add carbs also. I stopped and settled. You can also have a high fat slice of avocado which might stop your losing weight...or nuts for a snack.

Fitgirl: I use yogurt dips for dinners and it has not hurt me. I use them on veges or meat. Sweet potato baked fries are yummy with cinnamon.

Jenny..Good for you holding that 135 during the holidays.

Lizzy63: It sounds like you are organized and ready for your trip. Planning is helpful.

Greeniris: I felt like that for awhile. If you want to eat healthy and to eat well, it involves shopping, cooking and planning. I am used to it now..and often freeze things ahead or make big batches.

Ishbel: The mornings without berries are rough..but your friend is right..that is the world of maitainance..constantly monitoring what we eat.

I am loving my new zebra pajamas. I grew up being told never to wear stripes, especially horizontal stripes as they make you look fat. It is such fun to wear stripes all over the place and not feel fat!

JKfromIL 12-09-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy63 (Post 4551137)

I love sweet potato fries on phase 4. I top w a tsp olive oil 1/4 tsp sea salt and pepper .YUM!!! I have them a couple times a week and I have been on maint for 6 wks now:)

JKfromIL 12-09-2012 04:43 AM

Holidays are here.. And I have not had a chance to post in a while:(
I have been on Maint now for 6 wks and I have lost weight every one of those six weeks ( oddly enough more consistantly than the other 3 phases) Anyone else experience this too???

Maile 12-09-2012 08:39 AM

JKfrom IL:
CBL70 is still losing also. I lost weight on Phase 4 for awhile also. Then I stabilized. Are you worried about still losing or do you want to keep losing?