3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270781-maintainers-vol-9-a.html)

LoriKay 12-20-2012 06:52 PM

Phase 4 is so much harder than phase 1. I was doing fine today until a TON of sweets showed up at work. I was going to just have one... finally decided to just call it a cheat day & ate more. Then on my way home feeling a little gross I remembered that the in-law Christmas is this Sat. which I had been thinking would be my cheat day. So I guess I do phase 1 tomorrow and try to be smart on Sat. Do you ever do more than one phase 1 day if the weekend was bad?

infoplease 12-20-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoriKay (Post 4561551)
Phase 4 is so much harder than phase 1. I was doing fine today until a TON of sweets showed up at work. I was going to just have one... finally decided to just call it a cheat day & ate more. Then on my way home feeling a little gross I remembered that the in-law Christmas is this Sat. which I had been thinking would be my cheat day. So I guess I do phase 1 tomorrow and try to be smart on Sat. Do you ever do more than one phase 1 day if the weekend was bad?

So, are we talking three brownies or eating sweets all afternoon?
Some sweets at one time = slip, just eat regular phase 4 (maybe one of your lower calorie menus)
All afternoon of sweets = "fun day", Phase 1.

Someone else posted that if you have two fun days in a week each followed by a Phase 1 it will be OK as long as that is an exception.

Yeah, it is definitely not as easy as Phase 1. There are no forbidden foods by you still need to forbid yourself from eating food just to be eating it. Sigh. :)

Ishbel 12-21-2012 11:37 AM

I can't believe how quiet this forum is right now in comparision to what it will be like in the new year...last year I just sat back and watched in 'awe' at how many pages each thread had....it's the calm before the storm.

So I've been giving myself some leeway and allowing bits here and there. Not much but enjoying a potluck and cutting back on my supper...in fact yesterday I stared at the potluck dessert goodies and said "you've had enough" and walked away (it was SO hard).

The extras include having 100-150 calories of nuts which I'm proud to say is staying between 100-150. For some of you, nutz are a daily thing...for me...I usually keep my nuts to free day so that I can have as much as I want (knowing it's a weakness).

INSERT VENT HERE lol

SO anyway, one of the offices that I'd been taking that 'extra' from decided that the ENTIRE tray needed to be on my desk and brought it to my office and placed it on my desk "we're done with this so we think you should have it in your office HAR HAR HAR". I was "what?"...I know I may be over analysing this but "what?" Then the next guy came in and said "HAR HAR HAR HAR, you can have them on YOUR desk now cause we can't stop eating them"...

So I threw them out (and kept the tray lol). I knew if they stayed on my desk I'd pick at them, having a handful at 10:00 am keeps me feeling like I've had something of holiday cheer...I think I shocked the guy that brought them to me (cause I did it right when he handed it to me). But if he didn't have the courage to 'throw them out' then by all means I'll have the courage.

VIP was trying to smooth my feathers this morning cause I was feeling slightly offended and said "I would have put them in my desk not thrown them out" which didn't at ALL smooth my feathers. I'm not like him, I cannot have them in my desk or I'd think about them the entire day and have internal conflicts and well...it's just better they are gone as far as I'm concerned.

locopollo 12-21-2012 11:46 AM

Good for you, Ishbel! That is a good call!

cbl70 12-21-2012 12:17 PM

Ishbel, Awesome job with the nuts!

Everyone,
I know this is a tough time of year. But hang in there! Your new body and your health are so worth it.

I've been in Phase 4 for about a month. I've managed to enjoy a few holiday meals and some homemade cookies. But the quantity is down signficantly from what I would have had in prior years. I've continued to lose weight and I'm currently 6 LBS below my goal. Yay! I can do this!

Lizzy63 12-21-2012 01:45 PM

Way to go, Ishbel! Honestly, it seems the people involved were being insensitive, especially if they know you've lost a lot of weight.

Holding my own here with the holidays - avoiding some events because I know I am not so great at being able to say "no" to all of the goodies. Just having the kids and grandkids here is enough to deal with. All sorts of food in the house that I'm ignoring. So far, so good.

LizRR 12-21-2012 02:21 PM

Awesome job Ishbel!

I am on the Phase 1 bandwagon again today, I was on for Mon & Tue then went a little nutzzz on Wed & Thu, i am still 2lb above goal today. I dont think its coincidence that my past 2 days off from work were unstructured eating. I am being mindful today and planning & logging my intake. Started with a 3 mile run, doing 12 tomorrow.

My little man is napping on my chest right now as we snuggle on the couch. Poor baby is super congested, at least it keeps me from the kitchen!

fitgirl2012 12-21-2012 04:38 PM

Infoplease - thank you for your input on my eating day example. My coach told me to add in more calories! Also, thanks for your response to LoriKay. I was wondering about her question as well. I've avoided all sweets so far; however, I've REALLY been eyeing them!!!

Ishbel - you have AWESOME willpower...good for you! I love how you handled the situation!!

Cbl70 - way to go on staying good this year! :) It is a REALLY tough time of year. I've been giving away all of my fattening gifts. But I'm looking forward to something sweet on Christmas day (a cheat day).

Lizzy63 - enjoy your kids & grandkids!

LizRR - I hope that your little guy gets to feeling better soon! Hopefully he is better by Christmas. I bet he's excited for Santa! :) My girls just finished their last day of school for the year today. Now they keep asking me about opening their gifts. Those little stinkers! :)

Maile 12-21-2012 05:32 PM

Fitgirl: I have been avoiding sweets also..but they are everywhere at my job. It is cute that people at work have given me coffee, tea, candles, but not the usual sweets. This is my last dayof school also. Hooray for vacation.

Ishbel: Good for you dumping those sweets! I think that was rude of that guy to put them on your desk. I count nuts also as I love to eat them.
This thread has been quieter.

Lizr: Hope your baby feels better.Good luck on Phase 1 and your running.I am trying to keep exercising no matter how busy I get. It gets hard.

Lizzy63: I also am avoiding food at my house. Hope you enjoy your kids and grandkids.

CBl170: This is a great time of year to be 6 pounds below goal. Phase 4 is working well for you.

Locopollo: One the holday activities is to go wine tasting around here. I am the DD!

LoriKay: I stay on Phase 1 until the up pounds go down.

Sonyavaina: sorry for the confusion.

Infolease: it is hard when you things feel off kelter and what came automatic, does not seem so automatic. I hope your experimenting helps.

Jwdesselle: I find staying in arange makes me feel more stable. However, like you I am not as happy at the top end of the range.

Sonayavaina: sorry about the confusion.
Evepet:Hope the next 10 you want to lose goes quickly. It is hard to be in between sizes.

Made it through school parties and family parties. I am still in my range and still exercising!

New Englander 12-21-2012 07:16 PM

Hi everyone, I've mostly been posting in reboot...can't wait to see the activity level rise with the new year...will def make it easier to follow... :)

Currently I'm 15 above and my goal is to have it off for my March trip to Ireland. I'll get there...I've just been tackling it in short spurts of P1 followed by a fun day...then back to p1. I'm having a fun day on the 25th and 31st than it's back to p1 until goal is ultimately met, or I go on my trip, whichever comes first!!! :)

Glad to meet new folks and to see how "old" timers are doing. ;)

LoriKay 12-21-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infoplease (Post 4561684)
So, are we talking three brownies or eating sweets all afternoon?
Some sweets at one time = slip, just eat regular phase 4 (maybe one of your lower calorie menus)
All afternoon of sweets = "fun day", Phase 1.

Someone else posted that if you have two fun days in a week each followed by a Phase 1 it will be OK as long as that is an exception.

Yeah, it is definitely not as easy as Phase 1. There are no forbidden foods by you still need to forbid yourself from eating food just to be eating it. Sigh. :)

Thanks, I'm being careful today instead of phase 1. I did IP for breakfast. The PTA provided lunch today and it's the only day that we all get to eat together so I decided to eat with everyone. For supper I did fish and veggies. If I'm hungry later I'll do IP or 1/8th cup raw almonds or maybe I'll just go to bed!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4562263)
LoriKay: I stay on Phase 1 until the up pounds go down.
Made it through school parties and family parties. I am still in my range and still exercising!

I actually was down a pound this morning so I guess I'm ok to wait until Monday to do a total phase 1 day. Way to make it through the parties - it's not easy!!

How do you do all the replies? I can't remember what I wanted to say unless I quote everything. I like how you just address people without the quotes.

capricious 12-22-2012 12:46 AM

Ishbel- I think you did exactly the right thing. You made a stand. People will always want you to indulge when they're indulging because it makes it the norm and ergo the 'right' thing. You quite clearly exampled what the right thing for you to do is. You may have shocked him but they'll think twice before trying to entice you again. There is that lovely quote about letting your light shine and not worrying about it intimidating others because it will shed light for them as well. Keep letting your light shine!
Lori- if you are in the habit of having one free day per week stick with that habit. It's a great one. Don't break it because the morsels truly aren't worth it. Christmas is a time to gather and enjoy company. It needn't revolve around food. We need to mentally correct ourselves and make conscious decisions. And it truly is a learning process.
Maille- good for you for keeping up your exercise schedule even in the face of a hectic season!
NewEnglander- It's a surety that if you stick with Phase 1 for a longer stint the weight will come off. Good that you have a plan.
I've come to realize that my eating must stay consistent whether I'm in Phase 1 or Phase 4. And that for it to be consistent it needs to be about more than the number on the scale. I know what eating healthfully is and I need to remind myself of why it is important to do so. That I'm not 'depriving' myself but simply working on better eating habits. The less I fight being in Phase 1 the calmer the ride will be. My coach stated that when I get down about 8-10 I should consider the alternative program for the last five so that I can begin exercising full bore again. I'm in line with this because I do love my classes and I really don't like 'flaking' out on them. Consistency once again :)

New Englander 12-22-2012 05:32 AM

Cap, I couldn't agree with you more. It really hit me that regardless of the day I need to eat a low fat healthy diet...well, maybe accept at holidays and special occasions! Once that happens I'll return to a better lifestyle. :)

LizRR 12-22-2012 10:38 AM

Well...I kept saying that I was going to do a Phase 1 day, but the past few days I have veered off course by evening time. My unstructured schedule definitely left me with too much time at home doing holiday stuff with the kitchen right there (& almonds!!!). My snacks were 'healthy', but not Phase 1 appropriate and I am still on the high range of my safe zone.

My family is driving in tonight, so I need to do a final 'push' to finish up the house, etc. and posted my plan in the 'What are you eating' thread. I NEED a plan - ESPECIALLY when I don't have my regular routine to help regulate myself. Its hard to gorge on snacks when you are away at work with a set menu in your lunch bag, but waaaaayyy easier when you are just a few steps from the food!

fitgirl2012 12-22-2012 10:55 AM

Ugh...I weighed myself first thing this morning...just like all other mornings, and I have gained 1 full pound from yesterday! I did nothing differently. I followed the same menu that I posted earlier in this thread (well except add a tiny bit more sweet potato to my supper...& really it wasn't much more than usual) In fact, my coach told me 2 days ago to add more calories to my diet. I did not do that. All I can think is that I did workout legs, back, & abs yesterday for 75 minutes, & was sore from that this morning (and a little hungry too). I'm in week 3 of my strength & cardio training...but that has been really consistent,too. I do feel a lot stronger than 3 weeks ago. I haven't measured myself lately.

Could it be that I have a vanilla IP protein drink right after my a.m. workout...then wait an hour to eat my breakfast that has both fat & carbs in it?

Anyway, I am now leary to even have a cheat day on Christmas...if I am gaining weight while being exceptionally vigilant now. I can't imagine what a cheat day would do to me!

Sorry to be such a downer this morning.