3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html)

Jojo381972 11-27-2013 03:06 PM

Out of curiousity, has anyone used any of the protidiet foods (which ones?) and how were they in taste compared to the IP?
They look comparable on the label to IP. Cheers!

bimnd113 11-27-2013 05:37 PM

I've tried many of the bars and the honey nut cereal. They taste good but have a strong aftertaste of the artificial sweeteners. The cereal doesn't have any dried milk, so it's a good unrestricted packet for on-the-go.

Flipmyspork 11-29-2013 11:31 AM

Protein content on alternatives

Just an FYI from what I have noticed on alternatives. The protein content is often either 12 or 15g per packet, less then the average of 15-20g on ideal protein. To solve this, I order protein supplements from dietdirect.com (or anywhere else) They have egg aminos, carb free 3g of protein in 2 pills and very few calories from them. I take 2 with each alternative food item to ensure I get enough protein.

Food for thought on our journey!

Hockeymom40 11-29-2013 03:41 PM

My clinic is switching from Ideal Protein to Health Wise, which is exactly like Health Smart from Nashua Nutrition. With these products I have to have 4 packets a day.

lighthouse101 11-29-2013 07:15 PM

Has anyone tried making drinks out of the Proti Diet puddings by adding extra water?

lisa32989 11-29-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4891937)
Has anyone tried making drinks out of the Proti Diet puddings by adding extra water?

Yup. It is shake and pudding mix.

Kimorea 12-01-2013 09:59 AM

hi all happy to be here

wosmama 12-16-2013 10:06 AM

has anyone else gotten nauseous after eating a quest bar? i thought it must've been something else but after having no other nausea all week and eating another quest bar and immediately wanting to puke and feelingn like i'm dying of thirst, i'm convinced that there's something in them that causes some of us to have a blood sugar spike

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rn...r-me-they-are/

lisa32989 12-16-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wosmama (Post 4900866)
has anyone else gotten nauseous after eating a quest bar? i thought it must've been something else but after having no other nausea all week and eating another quest bar and immediately wanting to puke and feelingn like i'm dying of thirst, i'm convinced that there's something in them that causes some of us to have a blood sugar spike

Actually some low carbers do get a bs spike from Quest bars. But some also get a bs spike from Whey protein (info from other low carb sites I've visited). If it doesn't work for you, don't do it!

wosmama 12-16-2013 07:02 PM

thanks, lisa! I did see that on other low carb sites. My husband is fine with them, but we prefer the small Oh Yeah bars from ISS anyway. Just got some Quest on sale at GNC since I read so many raves. Tossin' that one.

bythesea52 12-30-2013 09:45 AM

Bumping up another thread that seems very useful!!

RN4Babies 12-30-2013 11:55 AM

Restarting, but using alternatives this time due to cost. I'm excited to try new products, but I am REALLY missing the IP chocolate powder drink and southwest cheese curls! What are the closest alternatives you have found? I hate to have to buy 5 different types of shakes before finding something similar! Thanks!

bythesea52 12-30-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reggaeRN (Post 4906992)
I agree with this - I can't speak specifically from IP experience but purchasing other supplements (protein shakes, bars, etc.) online...

A site I use a LOT is SupplementWarehouse. They will beat any price on any product they carry that you find online somewhere else cheaper. You plug in the link and the competitor's price, and they drop their price to 5% below the competitor! Even if their price is equal to another site, they will drop their own price 5%! I have saved a ton of $$$ ordering through them. They don't often do free shipping but the money saved on the products usually off-sets the cost of shipping more than enough.

A lot of the products you mentioned (Nashua, Protidiet, etc.) aren't on there, but HealthSmart is, and there are a bazillion other protein shakes, bars, multivitamins, other supplements, etc. that someone using alternative foods/products may find helpful. Not trying to be a walking billboard by ANY means, but just sharing in case this is helpful to anyone else!

RN

This sounds great - thanks so much!

bythesea52 12-30-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RN4Babies (Post 4906968)
Restarting, but using alternatives this time due to cost. I'm excited to try new products, but I am REALLY missing the IP chocolate powder drink and southwest cheese curls! What are the closest alternatives you have found? I hate to have to buy 5 different types of shakes before finding something similar! Thanks!

There is Pure Protein powder in frosty chocolate. I know they sell it on Amazon, but if you check their website, there seems to be a lot of other places. I know they sell the Pure Protein bars at most grocery stores and Walmart as well.

tbugs 01-01-2014 11:47 AM

Hi all!

Im new to posting but have been around for a while reading posts' trying to figure this IP diet out. Im a little confused as to how one would start this DIY style. Is there a guide as to what I should be following? TIA for your help!!