3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html)

chubbySister 10-26-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemma51 (Post 4870663)
I'm stuck with this jug now and won't have the money to buy something else until payday. Hoping it doesn't slow things down too much. I am on a really tight budget so I'll find something else at walmart next week.

Why not try using half a scoop? That way you get 1/2 the protein of a full scoop (about 15 g of protein is what an average IP pack is) and you save money!

Bella73123 10-26-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caressme
ok just ordered and received and tasted the proti-diet oatmeal and umm its not all that yummy - what do you all do/how do you make it so that its at least tolerable?

I can't stand the Proti-diet oatmeal, the healthsmart maple oatmeal is my favorite. Maybe try adding some Walden Farms pancake syrup?

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

CleverName 10-27-2013 02:51 AM

What is everyone using for their supplements? Which brands?

jemma51 10-27-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbySister (Post 4870668)
Why not try using half a scoop? That way you get 1/2 the protein of a full scoop (about 15 g of protein is what an average IP pack is) and you save money!

I am trying to do the half scoop and see how it goes. I must say it is really thin and yucky that way

staceyjblack 10-29-2013 02:10 PM

Reviews

I placed a big order last week and want to update everyone on the goods :)

HealthSmart Encore Entree - Nacho Cheese Pasta (7/Box)- I Liked it. It's restricted but was a good lunch. Watch it in the microwave for overflow!

Sample: Syntrax - Nectar: Double Stuffed Cookie- DH had this and loved it.

Options: Sample: Syntrax - Nectar: Latte Cappuccino- FANTASTIC. I will order a whole box.

Proti-Thin Protein Bar - Caramel Nut (7/Box)- As previous posters have shared- same as IP

Proti-Thin Snack - Peanut & Caramel Soy Snacks (7/Box)- Another one of my sweet "go to"s

ProtiDiet Pancakes - Blueberry (7/Box)- VERY GOOD. very sweet but a great portion and unrestricted!

ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Greek Yogurt Delight (7/Box)- A great bar. It's a nice change in flavor from the chocolatey restricted items.

Weight Loss Systems Smoothie - Berry Yogurt (7/Box)- Didn't love. Won't order again.

chubbySister 10-29-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemma51 (Post 4871335)
I am trying to do the half scoop and see how it goes. I must say it is really thin and yucky that way

What flavor do you have? I've found that if you heat it up, it tastes really good in your morning coffee/as just hot chocolate. The chocolate and chocolate PB flavors heat up pretty well. With the vanilla, you have to be careful since it has a tendency to clump up (although the vanilla is my fave and I'll drink clumpy coffee with it regardless).

jemma51 10-30-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbySister (Post 4872621)
What flavor do you have? I've found that if you heat it up, it tastes really good in your morning coffee/as just hot chocolate. The chocolate and chocolate PB flavors heat up pretty well. With the vanilla, you have to be careful since it has a tendency to clump up (although the vanilla is my fave and I'll drink clumpy coffee with it regardless).

I have the vanilla. I love it mixed in with my morning coffee. I used to put half and half in my coffee and find this to be almost as good. I'm not really a sweets person so chocolate would probably be to sweet for me. I've been doing a whole scoop in the morning with my coffee and 1/2 scoop at lunch and half for snack in the evening. Just using less water to mix it with. ?That way it's not as thin .I can't wait until I'm done with the jug so I can get some RTD's.

caressme 10-30-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyjblack (Post 4864630)
Alright, putting some in my next order :carrot:

I ALWAYS make my oatmeal with brewed herbal tea (apple cinnamon) to boost the flavor. Give it a shot!

Thanks Stacey! i will try that! I've actually just been "downing" it because im soo tired of the shakes (convenience) .. i can get it down in 4 spoon fulls ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella73123 (Post 4870691)
I can't stand the Proti-diet oatmeal, the healthsmart maple oatmeal is my favorite. Maybe try adding some Walden Farms pancake syrup?

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

Yea its kinda nast .. I just down it now .. I may try the syrup - next paycheck i will try to order that and try the healthsmart one - i just cant get over the texture sometimes .. :p then i picture myself in a bikini and chunk it down .. lol

mvngmntns13 10-30-2013 10:26 PM

Is there an alternative to the IP potato puree that someone can recommend?

brelo 11-02-2013 12:53 AM

I was worried when switching to alternatives that I would miss some of my favorite IP packets, well I am happy to report that I am worried no more!
The crunchy cereals from Nashua nutrition are really good and the cheesecake pudding mix made an excellent spinach shake with some walden farms strawberry syrup mixed in. It was a super delicious strawberry cheesecake shake! Looking forward to having it again

lighthouse101 11-03-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brelo (Post 4875072)
I was worried when switching to alternatives that I would miss some of my favorite IP packets, well I am happy to report that I am worried no more!
The crunchy cereals from Nashua nutrition are really good and the cheesecake pudding mix made an excellent spinach shake with some walden farms strawberry syrup mixed in. It was a super delicious strawberry cheesecake shake! Looking forward to having it again

Hi Brelo, just made my first order for alternative products and am worried about the same thing! Glad to hear that the alternatives are just as tasty. I'm looking forward to trying them as well as to the difference the price will make in my budget.

Sally4397 11-03-2013 10:16 PM

Hey there! I started IP at he beginning of October and am interested in branching out into new products! The info on this thread is so informational and I am excited to make my first order to Nashua!! Thanks so much to everyone who has posted!

Mybabymarshaun 11-04-2013 12:08 PM

For those of you who enjoy eating QUEST BARS, GNC is having an online sale of 30%off everything and 1.99 shipping.

Crred96 11-05-2013 09:43 PM

I've been doing IP since February and have lost 70 lbs. But I now want to try alternatives, mostly because of the cost. All I ever bought from IP was the chocolate RTD and the carmel nut bars. I did love the cookie dough bars, too. Can anyone tell me what products out there are VERY similar? I LOVE the chocolate RTD, I've tried some recently and didnt like any, (Evolve, pureprotein, EAS) Thanks!!!

Run4three 11-06-2013 11:19 AM

I use heath wise and nutriwise. Between the two I can usually find a replacement for any of the IP foods that I liked - and some!! I purchase from Doctor'sbestweightloss Free shipping (over $50, I think) and almost always has a promotion going on to save even more $$ LOTS cheaper than what I was paying at the IP clinic.