Old 11-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #16  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

A) The only other time I've actually been able to lose weight was 30+ years ago when I wanted to fit better in my wedding dress and I ate salads 3x per day, little else for a couple of weeks. To this day I am "not entertained" by lettuce.

B) I can't eat the Herb and Cheese Omelet. It must have cumin in it which gives me a quick barf response, no matter what it is in!! I also prefer not to eat the blueberry, lemon, butterscotch or banana puddings, mushroom soup, I won't pay for the lemon tea, pink lemonade, tisane or orange drinks - only because they look like $4.50 colored water not matter how much protein they might have in it. I really dislike the chicken soup but eat it about 4 days a week because I either shove my 2 C of steamed veggies into it OR I make an omelet or pancake out of it and use it as a wrap. To me it tastes so much better with less water and a "browned" outer layer. Yes, Go check out Rainbowsmiles great recipes. Please though be reminded that some of the recipes are not Phase 1 compliant. So adjust if you need/want to.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

i just tried the pineapple banana drink and i do have to say this was the worse thing ever!!! I also didn't like the blueberry pudding. I am still on the fence about the pina colada drink.
byugrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #18  
Rob

Thanks for the informative replies. And congrats to all for your dedication and successes.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #19  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

I have yet to find a packet that I can't enjoy, though some require more work that others. For example, the chicken patty alone I don't think I would enjoy, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it with the Walden Farms pancake syrup on it. With the puddings, not a fan, BUT if you make two different kinds and eat it half and half layered with a portion of a bar crumbled in between the layers (use a bar that you are going to eat the rest of later in the day as your restricted item) then the pudding seems like a treat! Others have mentioned that the soups are improved by mixing with veggies. I have made stuffed green peppers using crushed up ridges as the filling and there are tons of recipes involving the potato packet and the crepe packet. I saw something the other day for eggnog using part of an omelet mix as well. If you have the determination to make it work and are willing to do some research online, you will find that you will enjoy most if not all of the packets! Good luck!
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 172/144/136

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The problem with this thread is personal preference is an individual taste thing. There will be no agreement. What one person doesn't like, another person does. I use most of those ones maezy doesn't like in recipes. There are MANY packets I don't like alone but "dressed up" I think they are okay.

There are also a bunch I haven't tried (and probably won't, just due to personal preference)

My least fav: broccoli cheese soup. I can't find ANY way I like that. No recipe I've put it in, NOTHING. Lots of people like it but it is not for me. I guess I'm destined to live without cheese flavoring (oh wait. SW Cheese curls...I'm a fan)

That and the berry yogurt. My mom loves it. I think it is disgusting. I gave her mine and she was happy. (she took my broccoli cheese soup packets, too)

We are so lucky to have so many choices to meet so many taste preferences.
Lisa, have you tried mixing in LizRR's cauliflower purée in the broccoli soup? If not, try it! It's the only way I eat it, and I find it quite yummy. I also put it in a mug and slurp it. I say slurp bc it's too thick to sip! I use approximately 2 tbsp.
laury411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by laury411 View Post
Lisa, have you tried mixing in LizRR's cauliflower purée in the broccoli soup? If not, try it! It's the only way I eat it, and I find it quite yummy. I also put it in a mug and slurp it. I say slurp bc it's too thick to sip! I use approximately 2 tbsp.
Yes I have. There are some things that are just not a liked item. No big deal. I like many other things and probly some you aren't fond of.

Another option, if you bought a box you aren't fond of...resurrect the trade thread.
You can usually find someone to trade with you.
That is, if you try a variety of options and recipes and still don't find something to your liking. I've only found a couple I can't seem to find something to do with...after doing some recipe research. Thank goodness for 3fc-IP

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-25-2012 at 03:36 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #22  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Most everything is OK - some need a bit of tweaking - like veggies added to the chili...

I COULD NOT STAND THE TOMATO BASIL SOUP!!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #23  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

I hated the mushroom soup. Also the lemon pudding.
breezie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #24  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Lemon pudding and tomato soup were not my favorite. I like almost everything else (some with a little tweaking).
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #25  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

The Chicken a la King... I can not get the "chicken" to taste right. And the citrus drinks, orange and the mango peach I can't stomach.... don't know why but they make me ill.

I can eat the herb omelet better as am omelet than scrambled for some reason.
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #26  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

I am not a chocolate person. When I started IP I absolutely hated both the dark chocolate pudding and the milk chocolate pudding. I am able to tolerate the milk chocolate one now but found that it has a funny non-chocolate taste to my taste buds. I recently remedied that by adding 1.5 tsp of Walden Farms chocolate syrup. Now the pudding tastes like chocolate pudding!
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote