Old 11-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #16  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I am going to be 100 percent on plan. I already have my menu made up...I won't be lacking anything for sure! I have been there, done that as far as going off an eating plan for the holidays, it wasn't IP, but last year I went off LC and I never was able to get back on again. It isn't worth the risk to me. I know myself all too well and I can't let myself have a "cheat day" right now..
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #17  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

Not worth the risk.. I'm staying 100%
4Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #18  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Planning on staying OP. I will have the turkey, 2 c. of roasted cauliflower (almost as good as mashed potatoes) and a big 'ol salad. Might make myself a couple of IP pudding cakes for my dessert.

When I first began the diet (Oct. 3) I secretly thought, "OK, I can do this til Thanksgiving, then have a little cheat day." I've done a complete turnaround about that now. I've tasted it all before, will taste it again, but just not NOW (I love that quote, and I think I have to attribute it to Wuv).

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Enjoy the day with your friends and family.
tam67green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #19  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

I am staying 100% OP. I am not going to have turkey, but have not decided what my protein is going to be - I thawed a steak, a chicken breast and I have tuna. So one of those. I moved my "tomato day" from Tuesday to Thursday to make the day a little more special. : )

I am looking forward to January 1, when the holidays are all over and instead of obsessing about the weight I need to lose, I can be happy that I am already well along to reaching my weight and health goals!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy56 View Post
So looking forward to 8 oz of roast turkey, steamed veggies, and a big salad! Planning on 100% OP--for me, it is not worth being out of ketosis for 4 days and spending $50 on IP products to have my weight loss stall. I'm really scared of the stories of difficulties people have had getting back on track. Besides, nothing will taste as good as a pair of skinny jeans will feel! Happy Thanksgiving to all, whatever you decide to do.
Couldn't agree with you more Cindy! have mashed cauliflower and green beans with chicken soup for gravy! I'm actually excited about it becuz I remember how I felt last year after I came home from Thanksgiving dinner. I have put too much time, effort and money into IP to go off the program now. I cannot wait until January when everyone else is obsessing about their weight as well!
My mantra is -I control the food. The food does not control me.

Last edited by maezy1; 11-21-2012 at 07:59 PM.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #21  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm staying OP 100% tomorrow. It feels so good to read that so many others have also made that decision. Am going to a friend's house this year. I'll eat turkey and bring roasted asparagus with garlic and mushrooms. I'll bring a serving of mashed cauliflower for me and an IP chocolate bar for desert. There will be salad there.

I'm invited to another Thanksgiving dinner on Friday. I'll repeat this, but this friend in Houston eats very healthy and will have veggie that I can eat. I'm sure of that. It may seem like I'm a glutton for punishment to go through this two days in a row, but I'm really going for the company, not the food this time.

Isn't it amazing how how relationship to food has changed? I hope I keep it that way. I know in future Thanksgivings I'll allow myself to taste various dishes, but I want it all to remain in the right perspective. We control what goes into our bodies. Food is sustenance, not the primary focus of our emotional life.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam67green View Post
Planning on staying OP. When I first began the diet (Oct. 3) I secretly thought, "OK, I can do this til Thanksgiving, then have a little cheat day." I've done a complete turnaround about that now. I've tasted it all before, will taste it again, but just not NOW (I love that quote, and I think I have to attribute it to Wuv). Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Enjoy the day with your friends and family.
Well said, tam!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #22  
IP Start Date 9/21/11

S/C/G: 214/212/140

Height: 5'3

I'm committed 100% through the holidays. I've worked too hard to indulge now and I'm too nervous I wouldn't be able to control myself. I've decided to keep my focus on having fun with my family, not the food.
Susiego is offline   Reply With Quote