Old 11-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #16  

The cortisol test that I had done was a saliva test, and it cost $490. It also happened before IP because all of my hormones were out of whack. I have 8 kids and I am 49 years old.

That being said, I don't much take a lot of stock in those gadgets. I had that Omron scale. It said that I was 43% body fat at 200 pounds. Now it says that I am 38% body fat at 154 pounds. I am only 4 pounds into the overweight chart for my height.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #17  
8isenough

S/C/G: 179/169/160

Height: 5'10

Im thinking the same thing about the number on the scale. I'm a healthy size 10 and carry ALL of my weight on top: waist,arms, bust. I have bird legs, no *** either- don't be jealous- it's not a pretty proportion to have- XL on top, M on bottom. Can you say apple shape? At 150 I was actively competing in triathlons and as soon as I stopped, the weight came back. I know that my diet choices were the reason but maybe ill see what it feels like at 160 with less fat. Thanks for all your advice-SO appreciate it all
8isenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Your coach does not have the capability to measure your fat vs muscle lost.

I'm sure your coach means well but this has to be one of the stupidest things about the IP diet. You can not accurately measure body fat with a bioimpedance device.

It is EXTRAORDINARILY unlikely that after 5 days on the IP diet you would have lost a single ounce of muscle regardless of how stressful your life is.

What a complete and utter joke.

If you want to read about how difficult it is to accurately measure body fat with bioimpedance you can read this article.

I'm not sure how much you paid for the cortisol supplement but most cortisol supplements work by lowering anxiety but they don't work that well compared to prescription drugs like xanax.
Agreed. You don't measure muscle & fat composition on a weekly basis anyway. It's a trend...over several weeks. Just like weight. If you weigh yourself daily, it goes up & down like the stock market. When you step back & look at the overall numbers over several weeks, you will see fluctuations, but the trend should be heading downward (for fat loss). I think your consultant is jumping the gun here, or trying to push other supplements. Ideal Protein doesn't offer Cortisol replacements...
Pamelama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

PS....those "gadgets" are just another way to monitor progress. It is NOT 100% accurate. The only way to truly measure your body composition with 100% accuracy is an autopsy.....the thing we are all trying to avoid prematurely. :-)
Pamelama is offline   Reply With Quote