Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #196  

Awesome new avatar pic scorbett!!!!! Va va Voom!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

WOW Scorbett you look HOT! You have really done a great job! Be proud.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

So much to catch up on here. I made it through work trip and family Thanksgiving trip and stayed OP. But, I am glad to be home where I don't have all the temptations around. It was hard to see those deserts and everyone eating them. I was gone so I missed my Friday weigh in day. I am going to weigh tomorrow and I am a little nervous about it even though I was on plan. My sister was so sweet to make sure the house was stocked with plenty of vegetables for me to eat.

Scorbett- love your new picture, you look amazing!

TripMama- you are doing incredible. Congratulations on Onederland! That is such a great accomplishment. You must feel great.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #199  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Aw thanks guys! I definitely felt like a million bucks walking into the reunion, hubby took that right before we left

Alma, great job getting through the holidays! I am definitely looking forward to the holiday food/baking/drinking fest to be over with so that life can just be NORMAL and not food focused!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #200  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I'm supposed to be studying for a mid-term exam tomorrow but I had to take a break to check in on the weekend iPeep chatter. I had my work Christmas party yesterday with mixed success. Food part was on track as expected. I don't seem to struggle with most food events. My dinner choice was steak without the gravy to make it gluten free. They substituted extra veg on the side instead of the mashed potatoes. I couldn't eat the soup but was able to have the salad minus the fruit bits. By dessert, I was wandering and socializing so I didn't really even notice it. There was lots of dancing so I meant to bring an extra IP snack but forgot. Then I ended up out at 3am at a greasey dinner for after party snacks but they had a nice big salad on the menu which was a perfect way to end the night.

So with all that went right I slipped a bit too much on the alcohol. It was a planned and conscience decision to have something to drink. My coach and I talked it over as to why, how much, etc. I didn't plan though for the special people I work with to bring tequila especially for me since the event bar didn't stock it. I thought I would be safe by not having free access but when that changed I caved to my usual once a year party mode.

I taken some time today to reflect on what I did and why. I know it is rare for me to indulge like that but I still need to deal with the triggers that make me do it. Whether it is food or alcohol, moderation and control over the thing is important. I not going to dwell on this overly long and I don't plan to have any more alcohol until I'm in maintenance. So back on track and now I should get back to my studying.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #201  

WAV a question I'm hoping you will help me with. Vitamins on IP do you continue to all them? Your help in this matter would be appreciated.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #202  

Scorbett, your new avatar pic is beautiful. You have done such a great job on IP.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #203  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post

I taken some time today to reflect on what I did and why. I know it is rare for me to indulge like that but I still need to deal with the triggers that make me do it. Whether it is food or alcohol, moderation and control over the thing is important. I not going to dwell on this overly long and I don't plan to have any more alcohol until I'm in maintenance. So back on track and now I should get back to my studying.
KitKat, I think that is the thing to do. Figure out the triggers, how to deal with them next time, and move on. Glad you're back on track and good luck with your studying!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone! . Just got back from a 7 day cruise with my family. It was wonderful! So relaxing.. I'd been maintaining for 7months, and had already decided it was 2 weeks of Phase 1 when I returned. I got on the scale this morning.......only up 3.2 lbs! I thought it would be more of a gain b/c I feel bloated.

Back on the Phase 1 wagon for 2 weeks. I've included a recipe for a salad they served on the cruise (I made it IP friendly). Hope you like it...it's yummy. Pam

Cabbage and Fennel Slaw

1 small cabbage (the size of a baseball)
3 large scallions
1 small head fennel, fronds removed
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons cider vinegar (can adjust to taste)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Splenda (more or less to taste)

Cut cabbage in half and cut out the core; slice very thinly across the core, and place the slices into a large mixing bowl.

Trim half of the green ends of the scallions, and chop very thin; add to the cabbage.

Cut the fennel in half vertically, then slice each half very thinly; add to the cabbage.

Combine the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and Splenda; mix thoroughly, then pour over the cabbage. Stir to coat the cabbage with the dressing, place into a covered storage container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (the longer, the better).
Old 11-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #205  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

scorbett...you are so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

momhottie....i love you!!!!!!!!!! glad to see you pop in!! i', back from ohio...had a blast!!!! next weekend its off to the upstate for a christmas family gathering...early this year! and TSO!!

liz darling....you are fabulous!!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Good morning IPeeps! Been out of state visiting the in-laws for the past 10 days. Had a good trip, but man it's great to be back home. Stayed OP for the entire vacation (had to do a couple of phase 2 days though) and was rewarded at this weeks weight in with a 6.2 pound loss (for two weeks). More importantly, I made it halfway! I still have a long way to go, but man it's nice to get over that halfway mark.

Will be catching up later - hope everyone has an awesome 100% day!

p.s. Rainbow - I took advantage of Nashua's black friday free shipping code and ordered the supplies to make your truffles - can't wait!!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #207  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
Good morning IPeeps! Been out of state visiting the in-laws for the past 10 days. Had a good trip, but man it's great to be back home. Stayed OP for the entire vacation (had to do a couple of phase 2 days though) and was rewarded at this weeks weight in with a 6.2 pound loss (for two weeks). More importantly, I made it halfway! I still have a long way to go, but man it's nice to get over that halfway mark.

Will be catching up later - hope everyone has an awesome 100% day!

p.s. Rainbow - I took advantage of Nashua's black friday free shipping code and ordered the supplies to make your truffles - can't wait!!
wow!!!!!!!!!!!! what a FANTASTIC WEIGHT LOSS!!! you ROCK!!! i also took advantage of the free shipping code and ordered wls 10% off and got my frequent buyer club discount too!!! love shopping that way!!
you will love the truffles...and fyi....they freeze and travel well! i made 3 batches and froze them, then took them with me on the trip....a realy treat while in the car and everyone else is munching on junk gas station stuff!! i had a 3.6 loss this week so was so glad i stayed nearly 100%....one small indiscretion but otherwise, all the dance games and nearly 20 miles hiking...really helped!!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Good morning!
Trying to catch up on the holidays posts as well. Love to hear how everyone is doing!!
Got some painting done (well, actually my husband did...hee hee) and we got the tree up last night. I got to see my family and that was interesting as usual, but mostly really nice. It was good to have some down time!
Hope everyone has a great Monday
Old 11-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Bump
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #210  

Today is day 120 OP for me
No wavering
I'd sure like to be at the half-way point by New Years
I lost the last 13 lbs in 6 weeks.
What can I do to convince this body to shed it in 5 this time?
I'm kidding. The protocol works. It needs no tweaks.
I'll add some ginger & cayenne to my water again. It can't hurt
I also add 2Tbsp Braggs ACV to my water every day. If it helps, all the better!
Closed Thread