Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #181  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
I love IP and Onederland!
Woo hoo! Congrats.

Last edited by Willi; 11-24-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #182  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Nice to catch up on all the posts. Happy Turkey Day to my US friends. I LOVE the veggie turkey platter! That's a keeper!!

After a lot of searching, someone found me a Jicama. She says it's a "soft" one and is worried it's not good. It's also about the size of a squash (are they supposed to be that big??) so maybe I got a dud, but I'm going to make some of the recipes anyway. Just gotta go find the threads (which may take awhile on 3FC)
Can't wait! (Odd to be so excited about weird veggies LOL)
Enjoy your holidays everyone!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #183  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Nice to catch up on all the posts. Happy Turkey Day to my US friends. I LOVE the veggie turkey platter! That's a keeper!!

After a lot of searching, someone found me a Jicama. She says it's a "soft" one and is worried it's not good. It's also about the size of a squash (are they supposed to be that big??) so maybe I got a dud, but I'm going to make some of the recipes anyway. Just gotta go find the threads (which may take awhile on 3FC)
Can't wait! (Odd to be so excited about weird veggies LOL)
Enjoy your holidays everyone!
Jicamas can be large, but it depends on how soft as they are slightly soft. Here is my recipe collection so you can get right at cooking. The last one is Rainbow's recipe.

Baked Jicama Fries:
Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
1. Cut jicama into 1/4″ thick lengthwise slices, then cut again into 1/4″ sticks to resemble fries. Try to keep them sliced as evenly as possible for even baking.
2. Toss sticks with evoo.
3. Mix together with spices in a ziploc baggie, toss in jicama, seal bag and give it several good shakes to evenly coat the fries.
4. Place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spaced apart so they are not touching each other.
5. Bake for 15mins. Remove from oven, toss/flip fries, return to oven for another 10mins or until baked to a nice golden brown color.

Jicama Hashbrowns
One jicama, peeled and shredded
1/4 of a green pepper diced
1/4 of an onion, diced
Salt/pepper to taste
Oil
Directions
Using a 2 quart saucepan, fill it about 1/2 way with water and sprinkle salt.
Get the water boiling and put in the shredded jicama. Let it boil for 15 minutes or so until the jicama is soft. Then drain the jicama in a colander that has small holes in it..Press down with a large spoon so the water releases.
In a frying pan, place about 2 Tbs. of oil. Mix the jicama in a bowl with the green pepper and onion and spices. In the heated oil place mounds of the jicama mixture and flatten out with a spoon. Cook until they are slightly browned on one side, then flip if you can. The patties won't stay together, but you can scramble them until they are hot and the other veggies are soft.
Serve as you would hashbrowns.

Crispy jicama “bacon”

1 jicama peeled, and sliced paper-thin into rounds, strips, or chopped into 1/4 inch dice for bacon bits

Marinade:
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1-2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 tablespoon maple syrup (could use wf maple syrup???)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Lay jicama out on parchment paper.
2. Coat both sides of jicama with a marinade. If making bacon bits, just mix the marinade with the jicama and spread onto parchment.
3. Dehydrate until crisp, flipping and transferring to mesh sheets 1/2 way through. The jicama may take up to 24 hours to get really crispy.

Jicama spicy snack
Cut up in cubes
squeeze of lime
sprinkle salt
sprinkle chili powder
sprinkle cayenne if you like a kick.

Coconut Fried Sweet Cinnamon Jicama Chips
peel your jicama and slice as thin as you can!!
the thinner, the crispier the edges!!!
i only used 1 tsp coconut oil....in the pan...
saute your jicama chips on both sides....until slightly brown!
once they start to brown, sprinkle with cinnamon and splenda...
or powdered stevia or sweetener of choice.
flip your slices and cover the other side with cinnamon splenda too!!
these taste like....like....
a cross between a cinnamon funnel cake and those
crispy edges of your favorite pancakes!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #184  

Hello to my favorite peeps in my favorite thread!

I've had a great weekend! We got some things done around the house but mostly R.E.L.A.X.I.N.G, which we both REALLY needed.

Today we are cooking our small turkey. I think DH is smoking it. We both slept in a bit and he is STILL in there! We had smoked turkey at a friend's house on Thanksgiving and it was wonderful!

Yesterday I shredded a head a of cauliflower into "rice" to have ready in the freezer. We have bunches of extra veggies in the fridge so I'll make a puree today, too.

It was so great to go into US Thanksgiving weekend with a plan so I could stay 100% OP. We went out yesterday with some friends who commented they could "never" attend all the events we attend without drinking. I said once you set your mind to something, it becomes more important than the food or the drink. It is amazing what we can do when we are determined.

I looked at the last 6 weeks and I'm averaging just over 2 lbs/week. Slow? Hardly! I've never lost weight this fast before (even with the 2-week slowdown where the scale only budged tenths of a pound). At this rate, I should be at my half-way point by year-end. We're leaving town on Christmas day so there will also be a 2-week period with no weigh-ins (at least no weigh-ins on a consistent scale). I'll get a wonderful surprise when I return after my 100% OP vacation. Can't wait!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Lisa, I love your attitude. 2 pounds a week is great. IP on vacation is doable, I did it in the bahamas, and I swear it is hard to find veggies to eat on the island.

I entered the 130's on October 16th, I am looking forward to entering the 120's soon. I weighed in at 131.6 last week.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #186  

Height: magmeepEVE

I love Lisa's attitude too. She's doing so well, and she's wonderful!

I had a great loss this week. 3.4 pounds. It was TOM, plus I was doing more walking than I really should (I was staying in the country, and I had to get out early in the AM and after dark, so I could watch the stars; I miss that so much, so it made me so happy to walk under the stars everyday). So i was surprised to have such a great loss.

Thanks for all the encouragement here and all the people who stay 100%! This diet just works so well. I cannot believe I've changed so much in such a short time. Both physically, but also mentally. I always knew I had an issue with sugar/carbs, but never did I know that it would be this easy to control that. Although my mind still craves some sweets, it's not the uncontrollable thing of addiction, which I have been my whole life. I know it's my mind wanting something now; craving the happiness that sweets used to mean. Going into maintenance should be interesting with the adding in of foods.

Anyhow, thanks to the 100%ers!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hello to my favorite peeps in my favorite thread!

I've had a great weekend! We got some things done around the house but mostly R.E.L.A.X.I.N.G, which we both REALLY needed.

Today we are cooking our small turkey. I think DH is smoking it. We both slept in a bit and he is STILL in there! We had smoked turkey at a friend's house on Thanksgiving and it was wonderful!

Yesterday I shredded a head a of cauliflower into "rice" to have ready in the freezer. We have bunches of extra veggies in the fridge so I'll make a puree today, too.

It was so great to go into US Thanksgiving weekend with a plan so I could stay 100% OP. We went out yesterday with some friends who commented they could "never" attend all the events we attend without drinking. I said once you set your mind to something, it becomes more important than the food or the drink. It is amazing what we can do when we are determined.

I looked at the last 6 weeks and I'm averaging just over 2 lbs/week. Slow? Hardly! I've never lost weight this fast before (even with the 2-week slowdown where the scale only budged tenths of a pound). At this rate, I should be at my half-way point by year-end. We're leaving town on Christmas day so there will also be a 2-week period with no weigh-ins (at least no weigh-ins on a consistent scale). I'll get a wonderful surprise when I return after my 100% OP vacation. Can't wait!
Great attitude Lisa I love it, it's contagious, good job!i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
I love Lisa's attitude too. She's doing so well, and she's wonderful!

I had a great loss this week. 3.4 pounds. It was TOM, plus I was doing more walking than I really should (I was staying in the country, and I had to get out early in the AM and after dark, so I could watch the stars; I miss that so much, so it made me so happy to walk under the stars everyday). So i was surprised to have such a great loss.

Thanks for all the encouragement here and all the people who stay 100%! This diet just works so well. I cannot believe I've changed so much in such a short time. Both physically, but also mentally. I always knew I had an issue with sugar/carbs, but never did I know that it would be this easy to control that. Although my mind still craves some sweets, it's not the uncontrollable thing of addiction, which I have been my whole life. I know it's my mind wanting something now; craving the happiness that sweets used to mean. Going into maintenance should be interesting with the adding in of foods.

Anyhow, thanks to the 100%ers!
Thank you for sharing, this sounds like me for sure, I was totally an emotional eater and now with each others help we recognize this and we will hit our goals!
Congrats on another 3.4 lbs, that's AWSOME!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #188  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Thank you for sharing, this sounds like me for sure, I was totally an emotional eater and now with each others help we recognize this and we will hit our goals!
Congrats on another 3.4 lbs, that's AWSOME!
Thank you! Yep, I was an emotional eater too, and I so hope I never am that way again. I was Vegan at one point (Vegetarian again now), and I was a size 6-8, but then something horrible happened, and I grabbed some chocolate, and it was downhill from there. So now, I can't wait to get back down again.

And yes, we will hit our goals!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #189  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
It is great to hear that everyone had a great day with family yesterday. I didn't mean to be such a party pooper earlier, sometimes just have to vent it out though. ...Allright - my computer time is over for now - I can hear my folks entertaining my little guy...momma is back on duty! Have a great night everyone!
You vent any time ya want - that's why we're here. It led to some great discussion and there are lots of "lurkers" that needed the message too, but didn't post, I'm sure

Now, to set you straight, when your folks are entertaining your little guy... RUN, BABY RUN!! That's why God invented grandparents -- to spoil THEM and give YOU a break
Old 11-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #190  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Jicamas can be large, but it depends on how soft as they are slightly soft. Here is my recipe collection so you can get right at cooking. The last one is Rainbow's recipe.
OK -- now I'm sad. It was a HUGE jicama and I cooked withit BEFORE I saw all these yummilicious things! I put it in my crockpot with some meat to have at supper. I made Rainbow's cinnamon yummy things and cooked extra so I could make them into some kind of dessert with my Oatmeal pack (a la Rainbow I'm sure). The rest I diced and am just cooking it so I can LATER make it into diced "potatoes" with spices, or more "dessert" with cinnamon.

BUT I WANT FRIES NOW...

See? I should always check in here more often!

Thanks for taking the time to post those delish recipes. Now I gotta hunt for another one-or ten! I appreciate your time though and will definitely be trying those when I have another successful "jicama hunt"
Old 11-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone! This is my favorite thread too! I don't really have anything new or exciting to report. Thanksgiving was great, stayed on plan. My son started IP last Monday afternoon and he is doing great as well. I am excited to see how he does at the WI tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #192  

THx Wingnut for the recipes. I just found jicama and will be trying for the first time. Needed the positives that are posted on here today, just sorta down since my son left for college. Going to keep myself busy with jicama cinnamon fries! Always like sweet things when I'm emo so I just had my morning hot cocoa and off to cut up the jicama. thx all
Old 11-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #193  

Default Jicama

Hey Molly

Are those Jicama recipes on a recipe thread? If not, could you also add them to that Recipe #3 thread so they don't get lost at a later date?

They'll be easier to search for...

They look yummy! I tried Jicama hash browns and wasn't a fan. Next I'll try the "apple" cinnamon version...I just keep plugging along until I hit on something that strikes my fancy
Old 11-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #194  

Hey my Ipeeps!

Catching up on posts and let me tell you how amazing you all are!!! You have the right attitude here! I'd say I'm closer to 90% as I chew gum, have a wee bit of extra milk in my second cup of coffee, occ have more than 4 cups of veggies, and have even had a second bar in a pinch to stay OP! Sometimes I have immense guilt for posting here cause I'm not 100%. LE sigh as Rainbow puts it.

I love Sundays, but knowing Monday is around the corner is depressing! Sitting back listening to the kids clean up the toys downstairs, well, they're fighting more than cleaning up! I've got the Christmas tunes cranked so I don't have to listen to them! Looking at the tree, and getting some laundry done. I made rainbows cheesecake bites and they are awesome! I've got bark freezing for later, those are going to be 2 staples over the holidays for sure!!

I have to get some baking done for a Boy Scout bake sale. Was thinking about buying some mixes! LOL! I usually do a TON of Christmas baking, I make. Bg tray for my side of the family and a big tray for the in laws side. Along with a big bottle of baileys, that's my gift to the families, as no one bakes anymore! LE sigh. I wasn't going to bake this year for fear of temptation!! But the kids love to bake with me, even DH gets in the spirit, rolling rolos around dough to make rolo cookies!! Not sure what to do yet about baking.

Well, laundry is dinging and kids sound like they're going to kill each other! LOL! Have an awesome Sunday and a great week!!

Love u all, you're an inspiration!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #195  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Sunday IPeeps!

It's been a crazy couple of days, we were at my in-laws for the afternoon yesterday, she did some baking with all 4 grandkids (age 2-6) and they made a huge, tasty, giggly mess Then my kids spent the night at their house while hubby and I went to my 20th reunion - HUGE success there, everyone had a great time and I sipped my soda water with Berry Pom Mio and didn't even think twice about the food! Today we hung out at the in laws for a while and then went to my niece's 9th birthday party, I had my white cheddar crisps in the car on the way and my SIL made sure there were friendly veggies on the platter for me

Congrats to those who posted losses this weekend!!
Closed Thread