Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/232/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Default New to the IP diet!!!

I have been on the IP diet for 6 weeks. The first 4 weeks I lost 15 lbs and was feeling great. The last two weeks I have been terrible did not even go weigh in last week because I am so embarrassed that I have been cheating! I know I have to face the music this week and get back on track. Any words of encouragement would be helpful. I have a long road ahead of me and I want to be successful. Thanks
bigmama96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #2  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Just look at it as starting again. You will start losing as soon as you are on Phase 1 and will feel much happier. Seek progress not perfection. You can do it! IP does work. Good luck going back.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #3  

bigmama - I had to get my mind around it. It works if you work it. I Come to this sight any time I feel like I might resort to emotional eating and have found a ton of support to keep me on track. I have been on the program for 6 weeks also. At times it isn't easy but keeping my eye on the goal has helped me so much and it has become so routine and a way of life for me
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #4  

I've been on IP since mid August and I've lost 25 lbs as of today. While the recent weight loss per week has been averaging 2 lbs, I am most happy with the fact that I don't crave sweets or carbs. I have also been reading alot about processed foods so I encourage you to stick with it. Many times when I thought a craving was coming, drinking water, chewing gum or making a cup of fruit tea with splenda helped... (I've also crocheted a few scarves to keep my hands busy!) It is truly worth it. I have 25 more to go.
lmwirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Maile, maezy1 & Imwirth gave you some great advice.

It really is so much easier when you stay 100% OP. Once you detox from the carbs and sugar, it's not so hard saying no.

Every time you are tempted by food you have to make a decision on which is more important to you, the few minutes of pleasure from eating that food, or getting to goal.

Someone used to have a quote in their signature that has really stuck with me, and I used to say it to myself whenever I was tempted. "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

You can do this!

Last edited by ragdoll74; 11-08-2012 at 08:28 AM.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

The scale is lower than when you started, there's a victory right there. Just wake up and start newly committed today, right where you are. Don't beat yourself up over what's already happened, but remember how it's making you feel next time you're tempted. You have to want this more than you want that food that's not OP. You can have it later, but not now.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

I keep a food journal in a mini composition book. If I have a cheat I right down how I felt after eating it. Like "donuts made me feel yucky and they didn't even taste that good". I reveiw my journal every week and read those coments to remind myself that I don't want to eat like that anymore.
warmheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #8  
t3b

S/C/G: 222/188/126

Height: 5'1"

Imworth: I didn't know we could have gum and Splenda. Are you on phase 1?
t3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #9  
8isenough

S/C/G: 179/169/160

Height: 5'10

Ugh I'm feeling awful. I started IP 4 weeks ago and stuck with it for 10 days. Weight loss was great but I cheated and then really cheated. I started again and fell off again!!! I'm so mad so I joined here and need to keep reading so I don't feel so bad. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm starting AGAIN!! Blaaaahhh
8isenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Started IP 2 days ago. Got a variety of different packages to try. There are some which are really good and others I haven't been a big fan of. Looking forward to using this tool for motivation, ideas and recipes and to have company on this journey!
Mrsnugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3b View Post
Imworth: I didn't know we could have gum and Splenda. Are you on phase 1?
Different coaches have different rules about gum. Most consensus is that it is ok occasionally if it is splenda sweetened. I personally choose to refrain.
We can't have aspartame. Even some of the IP packets are Splenda sweetened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsnugsy View Post
Started IP 2 days ago. Got a variety of different packages to try. There are some which are really good and others I haven't been a big fan of. Looking forward to using this tool for motivation, ideas and recipes and to have company on this journey!
Which ones did you not like? There are many "packet hack" recipes to make them more palatable
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #12  

I think you need to figure out why you cheated so you won't repeat this mistake. Were you bored or in a social situation where everyone was eating off protocol food? I am a firm believer that we are bound to repeat mistakes unless we learn from them (hence why I have done many diets before this one). IP requires pre-planning.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing. Come back for more support!!
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

The crispy cereal, lemon pudding and the mushroom soup so far have not been the greatest tasting for me. Any suggestion you have I would gratefully take!!
Mrsnugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #14  

Quote:
The crispy cereal, lemon pudding and the mushroom soup so far have not been the greatest tasting for me. Any suggestion you have I would gratefully take!!
Go to the sticky threads at the top of the IP forum and the daily (right now weekend) thread - first post.
There you will find MANY recipe links.
Pull up a chair and do some reading.

Crispy cereal can be made into a pancake
Mushroom soup: cook some mushrooms & celery. Puree. Add to soup. Celery really seems to help the soups. Yum! (check out the fun with veggie purees thread)
Lemon Pudding: I'd probably try freezing it or look for the muffin recipe & make lemon muffins. I add shredded zucchini to my muffins. This is one packet I haven't had. I'm a BIG pink lemonade drinker, tho

There are MANY packets I would not like alone but if I add some pureed veggies to my soups and make muffins or pancakes from some of the pudding packets (blueberry & banana are my go-tos), I like them better. The recipes are what has kept me going. I have a long road. I'm one-third of the way to goal, so I have a MINIMUM of 6 more months.

Good luck!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I didn't like the crispy cereal at first and now it is my most beloved packet! The crispy cereal pancake is the best. Sometimes I mix with VERY COLD water and some WF chocolate syrup--cocoa crispies! As lisa said, turn the lemon pudding into muffins. Those are very yummy. My only suggestion for the mushroom soup is to add pureed veggies to it. Good luck.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote