Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #1  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Frustrated in my second week

I had my first WI and that went well. But I am very frustrated because my clinic will sell me only three boxes of IP a week. I feel trapped. I spent alot of money on the start up kit with half of it going toward "administration fees", at the time the fees did not bother me at all. But now I am sitting here with Oatmeal, Chicken Noodle soup and Chocolate Pudding. This is all I have to eat til next week. So It's gonna be the same thing every day. Do they want me to fail?
This feels very wrong.
I know I can order from a few places online, I just didn't want to have to do that.
alittlelessme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #2  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Ugh! That is awful! I can't understand the thought process on this, I would think that many clients would be opposed to this! Is there another clinic you could use instead?
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/144/136

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
I had my first WI and that went well. But I am very frustrated because my clinic will sell me only three boxes of IP a week. I feel trapped. I spent alot of money on the start up kit with half of it going toward "administration fees", at the time the fees did not bother me at all. But now I am sitting here with Oatmeal, Chicken Noodle soup and Chocolate Pudding. This is all I have to eat til next week. So It's gonna be the same thing every day. Do they want me to fail?
This feels very wrong.
I know I can order from a few places online, I just didn't want to have to do that.
Where are you located? I've been OP since 10/05/12, and I cannot imagine eating the same thing every day. My clinic has a trade box, where you can bring back something you did not like and trade for something someone else didn't like. And this week, they actually started letting us open boxes and take a few, with the rest going into the trade box. My coach said the company doesn't advocate that, so I guess that may be why yours isn't letting you (I guess we're rule breakers!) but I don't think I could stay OP if I didn't have a variety. Do you know someone else going to the same clinic that would be willing to swap packets with you? That way you can both have variety!
laury411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #4  
started IP 10/22/12

I am sure there is, but would I have to start over? I don't want to fork out another huge admin fee.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170.4/138.6/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
But now I am sitting here with Oatmeal, Chicken Noodle soup and Chocolate Pudding. This is all I have to eat til next week. So It's gonna be the same thing every day. Do they want me to fail?
This feels very wrong.
It sounds very wrong to me. Have you voiced your concern to them?
lessmeansmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #6  
started IP 10/22/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by laury411 View Post
Where are you located? I've been OP since 10/05/12, and I cannot imagine eating the same thing every day. My clinic has a trade box, where you can bring back something you did not like and trade for something someone else didn't like. And this week, they actually started letting us open boxes and take a few, with the rest going into the trade box. My coach said the company doesn't advocate that, so I guess that may be why yours isn't letting you (I guess we're rule breakers!) but I don't think I could stay OP if I didn't have a variety. Do you know someone else going to the same clinic that would be willing to swap packets with you? That way you can both have variety!
No I don't know anyone else on IP. And besides I have to log everything on a sheet, so my coach would find out I am eating food I did not buy from her.

I had no idea it was going to be like this. I would have not enrolled there.
Why tell someone there are over 60 different foods and then limit their choices.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:59 PM   #7  
started IP 10/22/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessmeansmore View Post
It sounds very wrong to me. Have you voiced your concern to them?
Yes. When I ordered my food last week I asked for 5 boxes and they said ok. But when I went in they said I could only have 3.

Last edited by alittlelessme; 10-31-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #8  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

What's their reason for only selling you 3 boxes?
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #9  

Variety is how I stay on plan.
Remember that you are the customer and if you don't like the way they are running their business, you have the right to look for another clinic. I've heard of others who switched who were not charged the startup costs by the clinic they switched to.
Make some calls. Find out your options and then call your clinic and tell them you need to buy some more boxes so you have variety or you will be switching.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #10  
started IP 10/22/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandrockets View Post
What's their reason for only selling you 3 boxes?
They said that I only need 21 packets for the week. When I enrolled they sold me 30 packets so I could sample the variety. Have no idea why they teased me like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Remember that you are the customer and if you don't like the way they are running their business, you have the right to look for another clinic. I've heard of others who switched who were not charged the startup costs by the clinic they switched to.
Make some calls. Find out your options and then call your clinic and tell them you need to buy some more boxes so you have variety or you will be switching.
I did all this. I was just wondering if this was normal. Now I know it isn't.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #11  
SMB

S/C/G: 205/189/140

I'd talk to your coach about the problem you have with this, and if they're not willing to help you out, try calling other clinics in your town. I wouldn't be able to handle that, your frustrations are founded and understood!
SMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Totally agree! Wish there was a "like" button! You need to do what you have to so you can be successful
sahmmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #13  
started IP 10/22/12

I found three other clinics in my area. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Thanks for letting me vent here. Better than eating a tub of ice cream.

Last edited by alittlelessme; 10-31-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:00 PM   #14  

You can order from plainprotein.com.

Coupon code OCTOBER, to save 10%. You can save money on supplements as well.

Personally, I buy private label IP food. I couldn't afford it any other way but I don't do other alternatives. I plan to be on the plan for 6 months and I've already purchased everything that I need for that long (so I have no reason to quit.)
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #15  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I founthree other clinics in my area. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Thanks for letting me vent here. Better than eating a tub of ice cream.
Good luck with the calls tomorrow. I switched clinics after my first few weeks because she wasn't very supportive or knowledgeable and never had the packet options that I wanted. My new coach is awesome, very flexible and has lots of variety. I am able to buy single packets but also some weeks I over buy and some weeks I under buy, it all depends on what variety I need to have. You also need a few extra because if you are having a bad or hungry day, or doing excess exercise then you need the occassional extra packet.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote