Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #16  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

ITA with everyone above. I always enjoy your posts - they are very informative and well thought out. You obviously research a lot, and express things clearly. I appreciate that. I'll look forward to hearing more from you.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #17  

Please stay here, we can all use all the support available!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #18  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

kaplods....you are such a dear sweet person and PLEASE, stay right here!!! i am not totally IP and i do alternatives and i agree, its important to find an outlet where you FEEL....like you TRULY FIT IN!!

this is a great forum. they accepted me with open arms. i am one of the largest ones here, and at first, while lurking was so hesitant to join and thought i might not be accepted because i was just way above all the other peoples weights....but i have found this to be one of the nicest, most encouraging, smartest, group of ladies!!!!!! they truly DO care!!!

we are all on that same journey, even though we may all take different roads!!!

STAY!!!! share your wealth of knowledge!!! you always post the most thought provoking and well articulated posts and i always enjoy them!!

YOU ARE SO VERY VERY VERY WELCOME HERE!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 10-29-2012 at 08:42 PM.
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #19  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

AND Kaplods, if you start a thread on your WRITING goals, you'll have about 3000 instant fans if you give us the link! LOL

Writing a novel (even 'loosely written') is very exciting for you and a GREAT reason we won't hear much from you in November. Now be honest... if we see you posting, should we "gently remind you" to stop procrastinating and get back to work? I know I'm supposed to be writing "report cards" right now, and well, here I am! LOL... OK ME... back to work! No more 3FC tonight

Last edited by IP43; 10-29-2012 at 10:39 PM.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
AND Kaplods, if you start a thread on your WRITING goals, you'll have about 3000 instant fans if you give us the link! LOL

Writing a novel (even 'loosely written') is very exciting for you and a GREAT reason we won't hear much from you in November. Now be honest... if we see you posting, should we "gently remind you" to stop procrastinating and get back to work? I know I'm supposed to be writing "report cards" right now, and well, here I am! LOL... OK ME... back to work! No more 3FC tonight
Sure thing, if you want. "Hey how's that book coming?" should be all the reminder I should need. Though I think hubby's going to be playing anti-procrastination cop, he's already practicing.

Hubby's so funny, there's nothing he likes better than my having a project he can "help" with.

He knows my goal is to have at least a rough draft of the whole novel by the end of November, and he also knows I probably won't let him read it until then (I've found it's too distracting to have him read it in the beginning stages, he'll say "this doesn't make sense here," and I say "well you're supposed to think that, because it will make sense later in the book when you discover why it doesn't make sense here." Then he wheedles the "surprise" out of me, and trying to explain it is sort of like ruining the punchline of a joke, and he gets that blank-stared look that he still doesn't get it, and I say "don't worry it'll be cool when it's written"... but then I start to doubt myself and wonder if the plot twist is twisty enough or if it's just lame, and then I rewrite it, and I give that to hubby to read, and he says I thought x was going to happen, why didn't it...").

Yep, better to let him read it when I at the very least have 2/3 of the book written.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #21  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

I'm intrigued by your whole writing journey. I think I'm a "closet writer", just like I'm a "closet guitarist"..... come to think of it, there are a LOT of things I'm great at starting but not finishing...hmmm... maybe a whole new "therapy" topic!

Let me get started right now.... "It was a dark and stormy night..."

Keep us posted on your writing (and weight loss) progress -- when you need a "break". We'll be here!

Last edited by IP43; 10-29-2012 at 10:58 PM.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote