Old 10-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #16  
Started IP Sept 21, 2012

S/C/G: 363 / 325 / 250

Height: 5'8

My Coach didnt' go through training that I know of and i'm in Canada. I also dont do weigh in's with her at her office, as I live about 12 hours away from her so she ships me my food every 2 weeks and I just weigh in on my own at my house.

She has been a great motivator as she is on IP herself.
mckw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #17  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlady View Post
So what alternatives are you trying and are you finding them working just as well? Thanks for any help on this.
See below I got much of my alternative product suggestions from the threads that are floating about - tons of good information on them! I've been on alternatives for 3 weeks, and haven't noticed a difference in losses OR my satisfaction with the diet. I still follow the sheet to a T, but just with the alt products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortneyMarie622 View Post
There is a couple alternative threads that are packed full of info. At first I found it overwhelming trying to figure it out and I am glad I started without that added piece. Once you understand the basic counts of IP products it is not too hard though. The ladies on the alternative threads are very helpful and one even made a web page to help others navigate.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #18  
started IP oct. 09 2012

S/C/G: 199.8/163/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierGirl3 View Post
Wow - now I'm even more grateful for the coach I have! I'd be very annoyed if someone was "coaching" me who hadn't had a weight problem and hadn't followed the IP protocol themselves. Book learning is one thing, but experience is invaluable. And they've NEVER been out of an IP product.
They're always happy to see me, always ask how my week went, if I have any questions, and frequently share new recipies - In November they're having an open house, Holiday Survival, and talking strategy and showcasing recipies for the holiday season.

Is IP different in Canada? Around my area, the clinics are all associated with either MD's or Chiropractors. Is there training that IP coaches have to go through? Does anyone know?
I'm in Canada and I have shopped around to know which coach I would go to before I started and none of them were associated to any MD's. The Coach I decided to go with has done IP to lose weight and has been in maintenance for quite some time. She also told me that she has gone to seminar's (not sure this qualifies as training) but in any case I find her easy to talk to and very understanding and she gives me good avice based on her own personnal experience which I grately appreciate
guil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 181/163/140

Height: 5'5

My coach is a chiropractor and she has her receptionist weigh IP clients in. I don't think the receptionist knows very much about IP...for multiple reasons. I would have never made it 2 weeks without this board. And when I found myself in a different city with no packet, I located an amazing center!!!! If I could see my coach here I would but the coach that found me when I was lost has soooo much valuable info it is worth the drive!!
time4changenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #20  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

My sister is my coach! And really I couldn't asked for a better coach.

She lost around 70lbs on the diet and then decided to open her own clinic. And yes, here in Canada you do have to take training to be a coach as well as many other protocols that they have to do.
tunafish246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #21  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post
I am very frustrated with my whole clinic and my coach. When I walk in its like an inconvenience that they have to help me. They don't order food very often so my favorites are all gone and I have to eat things that are just ok in my opinion. My visit is about 20 minutes which consists of me waiting 15 minutes, weigh in, measure, buy food. I would break it off with her but I want hubby to do IP in January and since he's type 2 diabetic I want to make sure he has access to a doctor at all times.

Sassy
Is there not another clinic that you could sign your hubby up at in January? It just seams to me that if your frustrated now it will just be worse when your both OP. If that's the only clinic in your area with an MD maybe you can order yourself food you like through plainprotein (I'd tell your coach, then maybe they would order more)
warmheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #22  
Started IP 9/19/12

S/C/G: IP 256/231/210

Height: 5'11"

I have been extremely happy with my coach. She has been informative and always has suggestions for alternatives. As an example, I am a fairly muscular guy and was losing some muscle in the 3rd week. My coach suggested adding egg whites to my packets to supplement the protein as an alternative to "buying" more packets. She also suggested an amino acid supplement with gelatin. The clinic has a pretty cool "scale" that measures BMI, fat %, water, lean protein in all body parts along with weight. This really fine tunes the process IMHO.

TroutFarmer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 219/146.0/142

Height: 5'7"

I really like my coach. He has been doing this for years, and has been able to troubleshoot any issues I have had. His advice differs a little bit from the sheet (he recommends I only eat green peppers, I don't snack, or split up my protein between two or more meals). So far, I have been losing on average 3 pounds a week, for the past 10 weeks, so I am happily following his suggestions.

However, my friend had a HORRIBLE coach, and I think she would have been so much better just using this site and alternatives and saved herself the $$ and heartache of "failing".
sharrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

I hate to hear that someone is having issues with their coach. DW and I have a great coach here in Austin (Amy). She takes time to talk about the week and what’s going on with us and the diet. She knows I am on here and if she doesn’t know the answer to something she’s not afraid to ask me to see what I can find. She has also been on IP so I think that makes a big difference as well. I always refer her to anyone who ask about IP.
hyrysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 170.4/138.6/130

Height: 5'3"

My coach is responsive to text messages and emails. I haven't met with her in person since my initial meeting -- the staff at her clinic conducts all the measurements/WIs. Their tape measurements are erratic, and their nutritional knowledge is sharply limited. Basically, I stop in for the scale and to buy food, and am out the door. I like that the coach has a hands-off approach. If I need her, I know she's there (a friend consults and meets with her frequently), but she's not riding me or pushing products. That would totally drive me away!
lessmeansmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/226/215

This forum has been my "coach". I have never had one, but have tons of info on IP. For some time, I have phase out of IP, but keeping the same plan of lean meats, 2 cups of veggies and salad. Its been working fine for me.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

You all are my Cyber coaches and I love it!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #28  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

I have learned everything about IP on this board. My coach is very obviously in this for just the money. She can't explain the "why" of things, she just repeats a script if asked a question. She doesn't even go over the weekly lesson, just hands me a sheet.

She is also a little mean. Whe I told her what I wanted as a goal weight - which is totally reasonable per my doctor- she said that there would be no way I could achieve and maintain that. That was a bit disheartening on my first visit. Plus I hate the game they play with the measurements. The first week she left the tape measure real loose and the second week she nearly cut off my circulation. I know that with a 6pound loss there was no way I lost 10 inches in my waist! Especially since I did my own measurements.

It is a fast weight in, pick my foods and leave when I go in.
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #29  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
I have learned everything about IP on this board. My coach is very obviously in this for just the money. She can't explain the "why" of things, she just repeats a script if asked a question. She doesn't even go over the weekly lesson, just hands me a sheet.

She is also a little mean. Whe I told her what I wanted as a goal weight - which is totally reasonable per my doctor- she said that there would be no way I could achieve and maintain that. That was a bit disheartening on my first visit. Plus I hate the game they play with the measurements. The first week she left the tape measure real loose and the second week she nearly cut off my circulation. I know that with a 6pound loss there was no way I lost 10 inches in my waist! Especially since I did my own measurements.

It is a fast weight in, pick my foods and leave when I go in.
This is a diet of CHOICE....you choose YOUR goal, YOUR foods, this is YOUR journey.....You do what YOU think is attainable, if you put your mind to it, it CAN be done!!....hang in there....YOU CAN DO IT!....go by how you feel, the way your clothes fit and how you think you look in the mirror. You are making progress no matter what the scale or the measuring tape says....believe in YOURSELF!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 171.4/162.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Default where to buy IP food

can anyone tell me if they found a reasonably priced source on the web for the real IP foods? You all are a wealth of info..thank you
beachgal777 is offline   Reply With Quote