Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 205/182 start IP/170/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
WI yesterday. Down 3.2 after lots of 2s. 2s are good (Better than the 0!). It was just nice to see a little bigger jump.

I'm starting to see some light peering out...it is feeling like this is really a doable thing. I can't remember the last time I've stuck with a plan for this long (Saturday will be 90 days). It is because of all of you and the recipes I found on this site. I couldn't have stuck with it this long without knowing how to do it and what to do.

Amazing how it took almost 90 days to really believe I can stick with it and can achieve my goals.

As the song says, feeling stronger every day
"HAPPY DANCE" !! You go girl!!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #32  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Wuv - like like like!!!! Oh and people - quit peeing on sticks!!! Follow the sheet 100% and it will work!!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
For the new people who are committed - I just want to say I was so much comparing my losses to others at first, and I finally realized it wasn't about the weekly losses but looking at those who has already lost 20 lbs or 70 lbs, etc ahead of me, who knew the what to do, and were staying on program. I so wanted to be in those shoes - like a kid waiting for their next birthday (remember when we were 9 and a half! years old?). Just keep sticking with the program and you too will be one of those people. I do alternative products but follow the IP plan 100%. There are pros and cons for either way you do it figuring out foods if you do alternatives/paying more for clinic supplied foods but don't have to figure out the carbs and protein etc/having one on one coach/having (or getting) to go to those coaching visit appts/ etc. everyone has their own view on these things if they are good for them or bad...but the plan works. Stick with it. You will get there.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #34  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy IPeeps! I am in a GREAT Friday Mood! "The Guys" in the lab I work with went out to lunch, and as soon as they said 'Pizza' it was an immediate turn-off. I can have that now in Phase 4 - but honestly it just didn't sound good to me - I brought my chicken breast & rutabaga fries anyways and they were AWESOME!!!

Anyways, hope everyone has a great weekend - I have a Halloween breakfast with my son tomorrow and running a 'Haunt Jaunt 5k' tomorrow night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Hi everyone
I could use some encouragement today. The scale reversed on me and has been hanging out there for days. I'm guessing just water retention and TOM but still feel discouraged as it is the first time my weight went back up. I've been 100% and know I haven't eaten 3500 extra calories (as wuv would say) so I'm hoping it will reverse soon and maybe I'll even see a "swoosh" that I hear others talk about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
TOM is definitely here and yes I did use soy sauce on my veggies. Soy sauce is on my list and it was 0/0/0. Should I stop using it because of the sodium?
I think if you are on Phase 1 long enough - we ALL have a scale reversal now and then, but if you are 100% ON PROGRAM rest assured it is WATER...especially when that A-hole Tom is about to show up!

And the soy sauce comment was probably referring to it's higher sodium content - which also contributes to water retention. The best solution for that is to Drink More Water! It's "Fake Weight" that whooshes out when the hormones subside after Tom leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
I've had a rough, rough week but feel better today at least about IP. I decided to have some of my protein in the a.m. so I can actually get down all of my protein at night. It's bad when you are cutting the chicken up into small pieces and swallowing it like a pill! YES i really did that last night!
I have been hungry all day long every day since I started. I guess that is just the way its going to be for me? I drink a ton of water everyday and always have. (ok maybe not a literal ton!) Ready for the hunger pains to pass! Have a great friday everyone!
If you are starving in the morning/afternoon and having to force-feed yourself in the evenings, I think it's clear you should be splitting up your protein. "The Sheet" lays out the meal plan - but really, work with it to suit your body, appetite, metabolism, schedule. I personally had to split my veggies up throughout my breakfast (1 cup), lunch (1 cup), & dinner (2 cups) to get me through the morning (hence my Spinach Smoothie obsession). Make the program work for YOU!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #35  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys! Congrats on all the WI. I'm so excited to get back on plan Monday. I have felt like such crap the last few weeks. Not to mention that I gained back most of the 10 lbs I got off in the first start. I'll get my preping and planing done this weekend and start Monday morning My son who is 11 and like me is on the heavy side has joined the wrestling team at school. So he is going to join me in my IP dinners so I won't have to eat alone . I am not however going to let him do the whole plan as I don't want to mess with his growth. But getting him to eat a veggie has been chalanging in the past so, this is an improvement.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #36  
Started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon! Had my week 1 WI -4.2. I was very excited because it didn't feel like I had lost even though I had followed 100%. I am excited to start week 2. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #37  

Hi everyone! Had an AMAZING week 1 WI...10.2lbs gone forever. (It was actually 10 days but I don't care.) It fell at a great time because tomorrow is my DS birthday and I couldn't care less about the cupcakes that will be there. Who needs them?!?
Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #38  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmheart View Post
My son who is 11 and like me is on the heavy side has joined the wrestling team at school. So he is going to join me in my IP dinners so I won't have to eat alone . I am not however going to let him do the whole plan as I don't want to mess with his growth. But getting him to eat a veggie has been chalanging in the past so, this is an improvement.
I think that's great- when I see people post about having to make a separate dinner for their kids, I wonder why they go through the trouble? Our son, who is three, eats what we eat, with some added fruit and occasional rice added to keep things more balanced for him. There is nothing at all wrong with an IP dinner for kids- just the opposite, IMO. Greens, proteins- all good!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #39  

Quote:
Wuv - like like like!!!! Oh and people - quit peeing on sticks!!! Follow the sheet 100% and it will work!!!!
Omg!! I seriously about snorted water out my nose with this!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Omg!! I seriously about snorted water out my nose with this!
Me too, I almost peed- but not on a stick!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 181/176/135

Height: 5'5"

Advice needed!

Hi all, I had a weak moment. I was offered a piece of apple cheesecake at work, and instead of politely rejecting it. I inhaled it. I do feel horrible right now, not just guilt, but like physically too. I don't think my body is enjoying my sudden dose of sugar. I read some stuff on cheating, and I know its no point just sulking over it now. Its done, and quite frankly, during the cheesecaking inhaling minute, I really enjoyed it. So... I'll just leave that in my past.

What I need advice on right now, is what should I do for the rest of the day? I had a morning IP packet, should i continue as if the cheesecake never happened, or skip the packages because it'd be wasted, or just get back on the program tomorrow?
Old 10-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #42  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysweetie View Post
Advice needed!

Hi all, I had a weak moment. I was offered a piece of apple cheesecake at work, and instead of politely rejecting it. I inhaled it. I do feel horrible right now, not just guilt, but like physically too. I don't think my body is enjoying my sudden dose of sugar. I read some stuff on cheating, and I know its no point just sulking over it now. Its done, and quite frankly, during the cheesecaking inhaling minute, I really enjoyed it. So... I'll just leave that in my past.

What I need advice on right now, is what should I do for the rest of the day? I had a morning IP packet, should i continue as if the cheesecake never happened, or skip the packages because it'd be wasted, or just get back on the program tomorrow?
Eat on plan for the rest of the day. Remember that this diet is about more than calories and carbs, you can't "offset" the cheat with less of the good stuff Drink lots of water, and don't wait till tomorrow to commit back to the plan!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
WI yesterday. Down 3.2 after lots of 2s. 2s are good (Better than the 0!). It was just nice to see a little bigger jump.

I'm starting to see some light peering out...it is feeling like this is really a doable thing. I can't remember the last time I've stuck with a plan for this long (Saturday will be 90 days). It is because of all of you and the recipes I found on this site. I couldn't have stuck with it this long without knowing how to do it and what to do.

Amazing how it took almost 90 days to really believe I can stick with it and can achieve my goals.

As the song says, feeling stronger every day
Congratulations Lisa!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #44  

Quote:
I can't pee into a specimen cup so forget a stick! Bad aim! Ha ha ha

Last edited by Willi; 10-26-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 205/182 start IP/170/125

Height: 5'1"

Cool

Weigh in tomorrow morning, hungry today = booo...wish I could be hungry AFTER my WI.

Big halloween party tomorrow. kinda excited! Making the kids (teens) glow in the dark cupcakes luckly I don't even want them right now..

Grats to all the WI's today!
Closed Thread