Height: 5'5"

And, Congrats Haddy!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #47  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartypi View Post
I just started IP a couple of weeks ago. I lost 6lbs the first week but then only 3lbs week 2. I've carefully followed the protocol and the only difference was that I exercised week 2. Any ideas of why my weight loss went down rather than up?
ok so you are a newbie so I won't be too "tough" on you.....First off, your first week is mostly water weight that is why we have BIG numbers our first week. Second, that is an outstanding second week weigh in. Now third, If you are exercising you are burning more calories than you are taking in. One the days you are exercising are you adding another packet? if not you need to be adding half before and after. Fourth and last, You will NOT have big numbers every week, don't expect it so that you aren't disappointed. Each week you have to take it ONE meal, ONE day, ONE pound ONE inch at a time. You will have to be patient with your body, it will let go of the weight when it wants too. There is NOTHING you can do to make it go any faster. OHHHH One more thing STAY OFF OF THE SCALE....ONLY weigh in on your OFFICIAL weigh in days. If you weigh everyday and don't see the results you are wanting you will then stress out and that makes your body hold on to the weight.

Like I said at the beginning, This is my way of giving you some "tough" wuv as its called around here. I am or did not say the things I did to offend you in anyway just being straight foward with you
Old 10-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #48  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Hi all, crummy day here. Work is awful and I feel absolutely wretched emotionally. It is very hard not to have food for comfort when I feel this way. Yet, I persevere. I have resisted a platter full of bagels and cream cheese in our break room.

Smartypi, 3 pounds is still a very good loss! Based on what I've heard, the first week on IP will have much more dramatic weight loss than you can normally expect. You are losing additional "water weight" as your body transitions into ketosis. I would discuss the exercise with your coach. It is my understanding that it is discouraged in the early stages.
Find a happy place and think of it, go for a walk (if possible) drink some water or hot tea. Sorry your emotions are high today but this is one of the things we learn to deal with, handling our emotions with things other than food
Old 10-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #49  
Started IP 10/05/12

S/C/G: 136.1/118.4/121

Height: 5'6"

I just had my week 3 weigh in and lost 4.1lbs! I'm so excited to move on to phase 2 tomorrow!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Find a happy place and think of it, go for a walk (if possible) drink some water or hot tea. Sorry your emotions are high today but this is one of the things we learn to deal with, handling our emotions with things other than food
Yup--definitely something I have needed to learn. No walks possible--tea will be nice
Old 10-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

[QUOTE=blessedamberly;4508989]

Had my week 8 weigh-in this morning and I am down another 2.5 lbs and 2.5 in. Was happy to hear I lost 1.5 inches in my waist. I feel like I have been losing inches everywhere except my stomach so it made me feel good.
QUOTE]

Congrats! And congrats to Haddy too! WOW how cool to reach goal!

I feel ya, on the stomach thing. My clothes are starting to hang but I still have my potbelly. LOL I feel like I have no butt or boobs but a basketball in my stomach.

I agree on the cold too. I used to run the guys out of the office I was so hot all the time. Now I wear a jacket every day. Crazy!

I had my 4th WI today, and am down 4.8 lbs. Amazed every day how well this works. Hope everyone is having a great day !!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

afternoon everyone, weigh in tomorrow and hoping for a good visit by the woosh fairy. my goal is to reach 140 by thanksgiving or at the most christmas.
everyone have a good evening think happy thoughts.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
I had my second WI yesterday and lost 2.8 lbs. My total is now 11.8 for 2 weeks!! I feel great now, lots of energy and I am sleeping better than I have in a very long time. What a great feeling!!
congrats !!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo2551 View Post
I took the plunge today and ordered some alternatives from Nashua. I'm praying that my weightloss is just as consistant as it has been with IP using alternatives. Wish me luck!
From what I've learned in the alternative thread, your losses should not change.

I like that, since I've gone alternative, I'm not as afraid to cook and experiment with packets since they're not $4/each.

I tried Rainbow's cheesecake crunches last night... So, so good!

Also, I tried to make zucinni muffins and they turned out soggy. Nearly all the muffins I've made have been soggy. Am I not cooking them long enough?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 247/216/130

Thanks Everyone!

I'm determined to stick with this and the encouragement helps.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5ft 3 in

Anyone have tips for going to the grocery store. I walk in and it makes me so hungry! I'm just getting started in IP, 4 days today. I have to go and it's so hard! Help
Old 10-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #57  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricon View Post
Anyone have tips for going to the grocery store. I walk in and it makes me so hungry! I'm just getting started in IP, 4 days today. I have to go and it's so hard! Help
What ever you do don't go hungry! I always make sure to eat before I shop. that way I don't end up with lots of extras.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #58  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

I just started on Monday and I am doing well. The starter pack had quite a few products that I will not be ordering again. When I sent my order to my coach she said I am only allowed to order 4 boxes of food. How do I get variety if I can only order 4 boxes of food???!!! Frustrating.
I spent a lot of money and don't mind spending it...but I do want to be able to have choices.
Any suggestions

Last edited by alittlelessme; 10-25-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 205/182 start IP/170/125

Height: 5'1"

Cool

Quote:
I am not very good with tips, but I always take a bag of cin/apple soy puffs and have them while I am shopping. Helps me keep focused and curbs the cravings plus I am getting in my packet for the day. I do the same thing when we go to movies or hockey games, and put flavoring into my water. still makes me feel special without all the yuck stuff

Hang in there, it does get easier. I can now walk past the bakery and not faint/run The fruit still gets me though
Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #60  

Quote:

eat before you go
make a list of what you need. buy only what's on that list
most of what you need is on the perimeter aisles. the junk you dont can be avoided
Closed Thread