Old 10-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

You guys really think it's okay? zumba gets pretty intense, burning sometimes 700-100 calories which is basically my calories for the day. I would think I'd have to eat a lot more than a packet. But, I've been fighting the urge for weeks so maybe I'll try it, do a beginners class. I'll have my restricted before, and a few hard boiled eggs after.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm no expert, but I sure enjoy the "high" I get from the light exercise. It also keeps me from getting hungry. Don't forget to drink extra water too
sahmmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #18  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
You guys really think it's okay? zumba gets pretty intense, burning sometimes 700-100 calories which is basically my calories for the day. I would think I'd have to eat a lot more than a packet. But, I've been fighting the urge for weeks so maybe I'll try it, do a beginners class. I'll have my restricted before, and a few hard boiled eggs after.
The nice thing about Zumba is YOU can actually control the intensity. Do the moves but hold back a little. Take a shorter class - the beginner class is probably a good place because the intensity will already be lower. You can always walk in place or "mark" steps if you feel your heart rate going up too much.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #19  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
How are you calculating that burn? The heart rate needed to expend that many calories over and hour (I assume your class is around an hour) is more than most people would be capable of.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Well, I have been told my several zumba instructors, seen it calculated on several websites. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to assume that an hour of zumba will burn several hundred calories. Your heart rate is up the entire time, you're sweating, and constantly moving. It's likened to spinning.

How many calories, would you say, would be burned in an hour of zumba?
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #21  
Embracing the suck

Several hundred easily. I thought you meant 700-1000. Off the top of my head I'd guess based on how you describe it you're burning aound 400-500 per hour. I admit I've never done Zumba myself but I've seen people doing it.

How many calories one burns depends primarily on their weight, their intensity, and the duration. To a lesser extent there are adaptations - the smoother one is at various moves the fewer one will burn.

If you really want to know you'll need to get a heart rate monitor but I would assume your HR is around 140-150 if you're breaking into a good sweat.

Here is one online calculator. Keep in mind it is going to tell you the gross and you have to click through for the net.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 171.4/162.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
my doc forbids the exercise..see info below..hope it helps you...

When you start exercising on a HCG diet, the body will perceive it doesn’t have enough energy sources to rely on and it will believe you are starving. This reduces the metabolic processes and severely slows, if not all together stalls the weight loss process. This is why it is so vital that you refrain from strenuous workouts until you have achieved your set weight loss goals while using an HCG diet plan. In addition, you are already burning abnormal fat with the very low calories diet while on hCG diet. Extra exercising will result in the loss of lean muscle tissues instead.Does being on an HCG plan mean that you have to give up exercising forever? No. In fact, once you have lost the weight you set out to lose you can put yourself on an exercise regimen to keep the weight off permanently. Meanwhile, during the dieting process, limit your exercise to brief walks, stretching, and very low impact exercises. You will find that your dieting efforts will be far more successful because you maintain a fast metabolism with a low calorie intake.[/B]

I have been a spin freak (3x a week faithfully) for the past 18 months and missing it like crazybut I want to listen to him

the gal that works at front desk at his office is a soccer fanatic and said she has bee faithful to his direction..no intense exercise..she has lost 25 lbs in 5 weeks...she looks amazing and wasn't that heavy to begin with!

I can't stand walking on treadmill or around the block..I have one of those large yoga balls..I am going to implement some work on it along with some weights for these flabby arms of mine!

Last edited by beachgal777; 10-19-2012 at 07:15 PM.
beachgal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #23  
Embracing the suck

HCG is 400-500 calories per day.

Also- HCG drops or injections do nothing. Complete scam. You lose fat because you're on very few calories.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 205/182 start IP/170/125

Height: 5'1"

Cool

After reading and looking at the calorie burn calc. that John suggested, I would burn almost 400 calories at a very light pace in Zumba. I was very regular doing it 3-4x weekly but still needed to get the weight off. I am just curious why the additional exercise makes your weight loss stall?

Also, do you guys think lifting is better than cardio on this program? I am only in my 4th week OP. I have been wanting to go back to Zumba or Core but really don't want the stall
2sweet4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #25  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sweet4u View Post
After reading and looking at the calorie burn calc. that John suggested, I would burn almost 400 calories at a very light pace in Zumba. I was very regular doing it 3-4x weekly but still needed to get the weight off. I am just curious why the additional exercise makes your weight loss stall?

Also, do you guys think lifting is better than cardio on this program? I am only in my 4th week OP. I have been wanting to go back to Zumba or Core but really don't want the stall
For one, you don't have glycogen stores to draw from when burning extra calories - that is depleted when your body goes into ketosis. For another, the calories in IP are SO low that your body doesn't have enough fuel to help your muscles recover. That's why IF you are going to do light exercise, you have to add an extra packet - you need to give your body some fuel to help in recovery and keep your muscles from retaining water.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 305/255/250

Height: 6'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoological26
Is anyone doing any exercise on IP like walking, Wii, the Gym?? just wondering if it will give more results thank you
I've been on IP, for 2 1/2 weeks and was told it would be ok to play basketball after 2 weeks as long as I drank a additional protein ( peach mango specifically bcuz of its high protein content). just played today, so I will see this week if results are affected.....

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
LA4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #27  

I think that you have to do what is right for you. Try it and try adding the extra packet. MY info came from MY DOCT0R who has done a ton of research so I will trust her. You will find what works best for you You trying different things to get back into exercise. I wanted to compete in my spring triathlons again this spring but its gonna have to wait a year.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #28  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

Anna, I also was a Zumba fanatic. I went several times a week. I burned about 550-600 calories an hour (according to my Polar FT4 HRM). I miss it also, but I was afraid of what it'd do to my losses, so I dropped it. I had tried doing it at a lower intensity, for a separate medical issue, several months before I started IP, but still couldn't get it down to a true low intensity exercise. Could just be I have an awesome, high energy instructor (which I do, I love her!) and that's why I couldn't lower my HR enough. I plan on picking it back up when I'm closer to goal weight.
Doctorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

I've started walking (with a little jogging thrown in when walking is just too slow ) between 2 to 4 miles per day... I just have too much energy NOT to move. I'm starting the C25k program next week, although may have to slow down the process if it causes weight stalls.
SDChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #30  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Is it the protein, the carbs or both in the extra packet that is needed after exercise? I'm on alternatives and mostly use a protein shake that has no carbs. If I start exercise do I need to use something else?
warmheart is offline   Reply With Quote