Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern View Post
is anyone here on antidepressants and losing weight that the meds caused?
im so frustrated and getting more depressed. i just want to stop taking my meds because no diet works while im on them
(yes im OP, its not the diet, its the medicine)
I am sure that somewhere in there, I am losing some weight that meds caused. I had to have my medication changed several times until I found what was compatible with my situation. I wouldn't go off the meds if I were you either, just get the doctor to switch you around till you get some you can live with. One medication I took, I actually gained 30 lbs in a month! I know how you feel, it's like adding insult to injury!!
I'm sure there is one that is right for you though. I couldn't deal with the one that made me have to take a nap every day either. I am very active. I know you can make it till you find the right one for you. No one should have to live being depressed
dawn again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It may be related to the extra hormones running through your system - women store estrogen in their fat cells, so when you drop weight quickly it rushes your system. That's why we can get very moody on the diet or experience wonky TOM, and why it's EXTRA important to use protection in addition to the pill for birth control while you're on the diet. You should talk to your doctor about it, there may be other things going on that need to be treated or addressed - but that's one possible cause.
This exactly. I was a raving lunatic week one. I struggle with depression and anxiety IRL, so I am on almost constant alert to see how I am feeling as I keep going. Some days are better than others.

Southern: I am on antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds. Zoloft and Wellbutrin. I am going to wait a bit before discussing with my Dr. about changing them. FWIW, they haven't changed my weight loss in regards to what seems to be the average here. GL!!!
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Yes, I haven't changed mine since I have been on IP, in case I was confusing.
I had mine changed before from them causing weight gain, etc. I was trying to answer the question about losing weight the meds had caused
dawn again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 253/StartIP232.2/220.4/145

Height: 5'3"

I for one was so greatful to find out that we release hormones when we lose fat, because I was like PMS on steroids! I am glad I read that early and it helped me cope. I told my hubby about it, and said I might get emotional, or pms type angry for no reason, but that it was not meant to be mean. I asked for understanding and patience. That doesn't mean that when it did happen and he tried to be understanding, that just him trying to be understanding didn't pi$$ me off too. lol I also chose to see it as a positive, turning it around to that ugly fat (emotional and actual) shedding from me. Hang in there IPeeps, we can do this!
My2loseW8 is offline   Reply With Quote