Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #1  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Unhappy HELP!! In Phase 3 and having problems

So I was so excited to hit Phase 3 and start eating real food, etc. The problem is that breakfast is so big that I feel like crap after eating it and I literally have to force myself to eat lunch / dinner half the time. There's no way I can get in the extra protein packet or I swear I'll vomit!!

I'm also having problems with digestion. I have gone to the bathroom in 5 days and my belly is WAY bloated. I actually feel kind of fat again!

I'm 1 week in, will this go away???? Please let me know if anyone experienced this also .... I'm getting nervous
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Whenever I try to add wheat back into my diet I have issues like this, so I avoid most grains.
Keep track of what you eat and how you feel for a few days and see if you can find a pattern.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Most people love phase 3 but I had great difficulty with it and switched back to phase2 after a few day. My problem is that I knew for years that I can't handle grains (except for oats and rice) and dairy. I found out quickly IP hasn't changed that, I started to regain rapidly and had all the old side effects.So I stretched out phase 2 and went to maintance with only oats and a bit of yougurt maybe twice a week. I just don't like rice enough to give up fruit or something for carbs from rice.

But other people who found phase 3 worked well for them will likely be able to be more helpful.
Congratulations on getting to this important step!

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Can you share your menu? Might be a food allergy or gluten/dairy issue.
locopollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #5  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Can you share your menu? Might be a food allergy or gluten/dairy issue.
Thanks for the replies everyone ...

So I thought maybe it was the wheat although I don't remember these issues before the diet so ...

I stopped the wheat 2 days ago, made coconut flour pancakes and had the same issue

Last 3 days breakfasts have been

1 - Healthy oats oatmeal, raspberries, non-fat plain greek yogurt, canadian bacon.

2 - Coconut flour pancakes (some dairy in these), strawberries, canadian bacon, WF syrup

3 - (today) Pear, P2B (1 tbsp), non-fat greek yogurt, canadian bacon.

I haven't been able to get my packet in 2 of these days because my stomach hurts. One day I actually skipped my protein lunch and made a vanilla rtd with spinach instead.

My stomach is killing me ... can't go to the bathroom!!! Feel horrible!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #6  

I think you should consider real Greek yogurt. The fat free version is yucky, and the fat can help with constipation issues. The fat version is delicious!

Did you feel good in phase 2? If so, why not revert back for a few days and then slowly start adding foods you like...
Old 10-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #7  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I think you should consider real Greek yogurt. The fat free version is yucky, and the fat can help with constipation issues. The fat version is delicious!

Did you feel good in phase 2? If so, why not revert back for a few days and then slowly start adding foods you like...
LOL - It's so strange to be choosing a higher fat food but maybe that might help. I do love yogurt!

I felt fine in phase 2, none of these issues. Maybe I should do that. I'm just afraid of confusing my body, I really wanted to phase out properly because honestly I'm scared to death that I'm just going to gain the weight back right away!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #8  

Phasing off is not the "secret" it's continued vigilance with weighing and getting any gains in check before things get out of control.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I had just the opposite, I became "regular" again. I agree to eat yogurt with some fat in it. I like the Fage 2% greek yogurt and then I add fruit. Good Luck, I hope you figure it out soon
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #10  
Keeping it real!

Thank you all .. I think I'm going to make 1 change at a time. No grains and using regular fat yogurt. Hopefully that will do it!!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #11  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Told you they would "chime" in
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #12  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Told you they would "chime" in
Thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/160/145

Height: 5'7"

I know I had issues with wheat before I started this so I'm anxious to see what happens. I may just try some good homemade bread for a day or two to see what happens. First sign of indigestion I'm stopping wheat.
I'm looking at this phase 3 as a clean slate. I know that phase 1 and phase2 works and I don't gain so I'm SLOWLY putting things back. That way I will know how each thing makes me feel or affects me.

I make my own yogurt. Not low fat either! I'm just eating good and worthy food from now on. That first yogurt is going to make me smile.
15 pounds to go before I can do that. Maybe for Christmas.

My hubby who has lost 55 pounds on IP has had major intestinal issues too. I think once he gets back on real food that will "move" on! He's been miserable a couple of times.
capecodmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #14  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

This might be against IP protocol but from a physiological standpoint calories can be distributed throughout the day however you want.

If you want to eat less for breakfast and more later you can do so.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I echo what these fine ladies have already said- WHEAT! It is the main problem for me as well and I continue to avoid wheat, gluten and most grains in maintenance. My P3 breakfast usually looks something like this:

(2) eggs + (2) egg whites
(1) apple w/ (1) TBS Almond butter
Fage 2% Greek yogurt
1/2 cup granola mixed into yogurt

I would start by elminating the grains and dairy for a few days and stick to fruit as your main source of carbs (it takes 72 hours for reactive foods to work through your system). Then I would add (1) back in. IF you have no issue, then add the other back in. Try to target what is making you feel bad. If the first thing you add back in is reactive, eliminate it completely and try the 2nd. It really could be one or the other or both. But you need to get both out of your system first before you can figure out which is the culprit.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote