Old 10-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #31  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Well, it's one of 2 things. My body either needed time to adjust or I do have a sensitivity to wheat. I haven't had any wheat in a few days, but had other types of carbs and I'm feeling much better. My coach also told me to move from the lowfat yogurt to full fat. Wow - that's hard to put my brain around!!! So I'm going to try something wheat tomorrow and see what happens ....
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I didn't know I was sensative to wheat before IP because I felt fat and bloated all the time. After being on IP for 6 months and feeling normal and non-gassy for so long it didn't take me long to figure out what caused all my problems before IP. "Wheat Belly- Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight" by Dr. Davis is an excellent book for helping explain why wheat can cause belly bloat!!! I just read it last week and since I've taken wheat out of my diet again (I am in maintenance) I feel wonderful. I am also having to watch the Yogurt, even Greek Yogurt. It causes me some trouble too. I will be trying the non gluten flours soon. I need to find them.
I read that book too. It has recipes in the back and he also has a cookbook (haven't bought it yet).
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Well, it's one of 2 things. My body either needed time to adjust or I do have a sensitivity to wheat. I haven't had any wheat in a few days, but had other types of carbs and I'm feeling much better. My coach also told me to move from the lowfat yogurt to full fat. Wow - that's hard to put my brain around!!! So I'm going to try something wheat tomorrow and see what happens ....
Sorry to say that it sounds like you might be sensitive to wheat.

I, too, had no idea when I was heavy because I was fat and bloated all the time. Plus, I always felt bad and just thought it was from being over weight. Now I know.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #34  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Well today I tried some oatmeal - has wheat but is gluten free. I don't feel bad yet (about 2 hours ago) but we'll see how the day progresses.

Has anyone heard of issues with the higher fiber foods - like the bars and cereals from Fiber One? My husband says he remembers me feeling worse after eating those before. Wonder what "type" of fiber they add????
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote