3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol 15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/267592-home-100%25-vol-15-a.html)

MommaHen 10-13-2012 05:41 PM

Just keeping this on the first page! ;)

LizRR 10-13-2012 06:08 PM

I love your chick MommaHen! I am enjoying a creamy, yummy, delicious cucumber-lime milkshake...how the F is this legal! Quite a weekend start, completed my physical for term life insurance...I was able to get the best rate after IP! And I feel so much better getting this going for my family, hubby had his done when our son was born, I kept putting it off, but now that we want to start for #2 soon no more procrastinating!

Made some yummy ricotta pancakes and ran 5 miles, hit up the grocery, the baby is napping now, enough time to clean up the house, make a yummy milkshake for now and a sweet fauxtato pie for later. Hello sweet tooth! I think the run revved up my hunger!

I decided to sign up for the San Antonio Half Marathon in November and the Dallas one in December. Something to keep me motivated with running, I used to do road races a lot...at a much heavier weight. I am keeping a good pace at 5 miles, ~8:30min/mile which is faster than I ever thought was physically possible for me! I was a 12 min/mile pace setter preIP.

As soon as baby wakes we were going to take him to a toy store, but I think its getting to be a little late...ooh, think I hear him!

Minch 10-13-2012 09:20 PM

I just discovered this thread tonight and I'm so happy I did! To be 100% OP is the only way in my books. Why go to all the trouble of staying in ketosis and the expense of the food if you're not serious about losing the weight? I find this program very self-motivating and reading what's on this thread really extraordinary.

It was only 18 days ago I weighed 206.4 and today, I'm 196.4. That's 10 pounds in 18 days! What other program besides IP can give these results?

You are all my heroes! Your experience with IP is what is paving the way for me and I'm eternally grateful! I feel I'm making friends here because of not only what you write but how you support each other.

Happiness and success to you all!

JKfromIL 10-13-2012 09:26 PM

Well it has finally happened:)
After 48 wks and 137 lbs , I have finally reached my goal and I will be moving to P3 ( I say nervously) tomorrow. This journey started as a birthday gift to myself last fall and now within one week of my birthday,I have made it. Now on to what I have heard is the hardest part... Sticking with it.... Good luck to all:) If I can do this... Anyone can!

patns 10-13-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKfromIL (Post 4497131)
After 48 wks and 137 lbs , I have finally reached my goal and I will be moving to P3 ( I say nervously) tomorrow. This journey started as a birthday gift to myself last fall and now within one week of my birthday,I have made it. Now on to what I have heard is the hardest part... Sticking with it.... Good luck to all:) If I can do this... Anyone can!

That is wonderful! what a loss!
maintenance is not easy but it is not harder than losing the weight in the first place. You will find you have so much more energy than you did when you were heavy and that makes everything easier.
The key is to add things back carefully and monitor what happens with each new thng you add back.
Congratulations, I am in awe of the people ho stick with it and lose large amounts of weight.

Pat

JKfromIL 10-13-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4497136)
That is wonderful! what a loss!
maintenance is not easy but it is not harder than losing the weight in the first place. You will find you have so much more energy than you did when you were heavy and that makes everything easier.
The key is to add things back carefully and monitor what happens with each new thng you add back.
Congratulations, I am in awe of the people ho stick with it and lose large amounts of weight.

Pat

I am so nervous, I am studying the breakfast requirement and trying to map out a plan. I also know that now is when we can get back to exercising . I am desperately trying to figure out when that will work into my already busy schedule . Thanks for your kind words , it has been a long road.

Minch 10-13-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKfromIL (Post 4497154)
I am so nervous, I am studying the breakfast requirement and trying to map out a plan. I also know that now is when we can get back to exercising . I am desperately trying to figure out when that will work into my already busy schedule . Thanks for your kind words , it has been a long road.

Please continue to post your journey so we can all be inspired! Congratulations!!

MommaHen 10-13-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4497018)
I love your chick MommaHen! I am enjoying a creamy, yummy, delicious cucumber-lime milkshake...how the F is this legal! Quite a weekend start, completed my physical for term life insurance...I was able to get the best rate after IP! And I feel so much better getting this going for my family, hubby had his done when our son was born, I kept putting it off, but now that we want to start for #2 soon no more procrastinating!

Made some yummy ricotta pancakes and ran 5 miles, hit up the grocery, the baby is napping now, enough time to clean up the house, make a yummy milkshake for now and a sweet fauxtato pie for later. Hello sweet tooth! I think the run revved up my hunger!

I decided to sign up for the San Antonio Half Marathon in November and the Dallas one in December. Something to keep me motivated with running, I used to do road races a lot...at a much heavier weight. I am keeping a good pace at 5 miles, ~8:30min/mile which is faster than I ever thought was physically possible for me! I was a 12 min/mile pace setter preIP.

As soon as baby wakes we were going to take him to a toy store, but I think its getting to be a little late...ooh, think I hear him!

I have so many cute chick pix...thanks...she is all grown up now and laying eggs! Can or did you already share your sweet fauxtato pie recipe? I would love to have that for Thanksgiving. And bravo to you for signing up for the races and running!!!!

mompattie 10-13-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

GOAL BABY GOAL!!!!!!! So awesome! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!![/COLOR]

Kay2012 10-13-2012 11:35 PM

I had a NSV today. I went to a family gathering today and there was all kinds of good food and sweets galore but I stayed 100%. In the past, I would have rationalized my way into eating a bite of something sweet which would lead to eating another bite then another. Today I wasn't tempted a bit. Didn't even take a second look. Staying 100% gives you so much control and a feeling of freedom.

Willi 10-14-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minch (Post 4497125)
I just discovered this thread tonight and I'm so happy I did! To be 100% OP is the only way in my books. Why go to all the trouble of staying in ketosis and the expense of the food if you're not serious about losing the weight? I find this program very self-motivating and reading what's on this thread really extraordinary.

It was only 18 days ago I weighed 206.4 and today, I'm 196.4. That's 10 pounds in 18 days! What other program besides IP can give these results?

You are all my heroes! Your experience with IP is what is paving the way for me and I'm eternally grateful! I feel I'm making friends here because of not only what you write but how you support each other.

Happiness and success to you all!

I agree with everything you said!

justbecause53 10-14-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Two great birthday gifts in two years! Starting IP last year and reaching goal for this birthday...what a wonderful accomplishment! If you can stick with the program for a year and lose the weight you have you will be able to maintain, again, by following the program. You are yet another inspiration for those of us following in your footsteps. Best wishes!
:congrat:

scorbett1103 10-14-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

WOW! Amazing job!!! Congrats on crossing the finish line ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay2012 (Post 4497196)
I had a NSV today. I went to a family gathering today and there was all kinds of good food and sweets galore but I stayed 100%. In the past, I would have rationalized my way into eating a bite of something sweet which would lead to eating another bite then another. Today I wasn't tempted a bit. Didn't even take a second look. Staying 100% gives you so much control and a feeling of freedom.

Great job! It's something to be proud of when you realize the food is no longer in control of YOU!

Starshine 10-14-2012 11:06 AM

So many great achievements on this wonderful thread of 100%'ers! Congrats, everyone!

I weighed in today. Wasn't expecting much, as it's TOM (umm, my TOM is as regular as ever on IP, and is in fact less painful, and easier). Anyhow, I wasn't expecting much of a loss, as I'm feeling fat and full. :) But, even with TOM, I lost 3.4 pounds! Yay!!

This even came with fast evening walks the past two weeks. I've been upping my protein a bit, but not too much, as my life has been pretty sedentary lately. I stopped lifting weights the last two weeks. I want to see if I can keep up this good rate of weight loss. And then probably sooner than later, I'll add back in weight lifting to see how that affects things.

Anyhow, a nice end to TOM week. :)

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

wuv2bloved 10-14-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Congrats on making your goal, Phase 3 will be enjoyable...make sure to check out the phase 3 thread for idea's :)