Old 09-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Default IP Chatting Thread Weekend Edition - Sept 29/30

IP Daily Chat Saturday 9/29 and Sunday 9/30:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Didn't see one so thought I'd get us started. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

My biggest victory of the past short while took place this morning when I FINALLY weighed in lower than DH!!

Woooohoooo!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #3  

WOW! That is so great. You have done an awesome job. I know you are so excited.
Kay2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

3rd time was the charm.

Tried Walden Farms dressings, raspberry vinagerate was yuck, so was sesame ginger.

Ceaser was edible.

Sonya
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Didn't see one so thought I'd get us started. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

My biggest victory of the past short while took place this morning when I FINALLY weighed in lower than DH!!

Woooohoooo!
That is such an amazing feeling. Congrats! You are doing so great and you keep me going because you are so inspiring. Thanks!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

Woooohoooo!

That is aweseome...what a way to start the day!!

Today we are going to put the roof up on our barn. Hoping we can get at least half done today and the rest done tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #7  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

My manager put a pile of chocolate on my desk and I said no and gave them away....a minor NSV but a NSV none the less lol...cant wait to hit up the gym today!!
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Woooohoooo!
WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
3rd time was the charm.

Tried Walden Farms dressings, raspberry vinagerate was yuck, so was sesame ginger.

Ceaser was edible.

Sonya
It definitely takes some trial and error with the WF dressings. I found the Sesame Ginger and Caesar to be a little too spicy for me. My favorites are the Sweet Jersey Onion, Ranch (for dipping veggies), Asian (for a sauce on chicken), Russian (for my Big Mac salad), and the Thick & Spicy bbq sauce.

Happy Saturday!!! I read somewhere that it can take 30 pounds lost before people REALLY notice the changes - and for me that's definitely been true! Over the last month a few people have commented on my face thinning out, but THIS week, every single day I have been told I look fantastic (one girl at work was funny - "I can't figure it out, but you look great, what is different?") and asked if I've lost weight. Confidence is definitely at a five-year high!

One thing I've noticed about my attitude - I actually WANT to dress up and look nice. I've never been a total slob, but I didn't care much about how I looked leaving the house. Scrubs and a hasty ponytail or bun were always good enough for work. The last few days I've actually been wearing a nice blouse, slacks, and some actual STYLE to my hair. I guess I didn't realize that the extra weight wasn't just on my body, it was all over my attitude too.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Height: 5'3"

My weekend is not going to be what I had planned. My husband received a call that his grandfather may not live through the weekend. So, he left last night to fly to Texas. Everett is 98 and smiled when he heard the news. His wife died last year, his youngest son, my father-in-law, died 10 years ago and he is ready to see Jesus. I am trying not to be sad because I know we will all be reunited once again but I sure will miss him in the meantime.

So with my husband gone, it's just me and my daughters. I will have to come up with some fun girl things to do.

Last edited by Samkatmom; 09-29-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Samkatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #10  
Restart IP 8/29/12

S/C/G: 191/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Woooohoooo!
Congratulations! What a great feeling.

NSV-I finally fit into the cheetah print pjs my kids bought me for Christmas last yr. They were so excited to give them to me and I felt awful not being able to wear them last yr. Well, I'm rockin em now!

Tough day ahead: A friend's wedding at 11 (which means reception at lunch). *repeat after me "I can do this. I WILL do this!"
Then to stay with my Grandpa who has taken a dramatic turn for the worse this week and it doesn't look like he will be with us much longer. Gonna be rough...
mammabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkatmom View Post
My weekend is not going to be what I had planned. My husband received a call that his grandfather may not live through the weekend. So, he left last night to fly to Texas. Everett is 98 and smiled when he heard the news. His wife died last year, his youngest son, my father-in-law, died 10 years ago and he is ready to see Jesus. I am trying not to be sad because I know we will all be reunited once again but I sure will miss him in the meantime.

So with my husband gone, it's just me and my daughters. I will have to come up with some fun girl things to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammabell View Post

NSV-I finally fit into the cheetah print pjs my kids bought me for Christmas last yr. They were so excited to give them to me and I felt awful not being able to wear them last yr. Well, I'm rockin em now!

Tough day ahead: A friend's wedding at 11 (which means reception at lunch). *repeat after me "I can do this. I WILL do this!"
Then to stay with my Grandpa who has taken a dramatic turn for the worse this week and it doesn't look like he will be with us much longer. Gonna be rough...
Ugh - my thoughts are with both of your families.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

Day 1 for me!
I love this forum...so many successes and so much support! I just love it!
Sped thru my housecleaning this morning. Gonna take my measurements in a few and then shower and head to do some shopping. I have pretty much everything I need for beginning to last me a good week, but I am gonna stop and pick up a couple more WF dressings. I really like the Russian WF dressing the best of all of them. Gonna get another one of those and a 1,000 island. Hitting the butcher shop and the farmer's market today too.
We normally eat out on shopping day, but for today I am going to try to avoid mealtime shopping so I can come home and cook a dinner here that I KNOW doesn't contain any hidden ingredients that it shouldn't!
For now I gotta pry myself away from this computer and get a move on. It's hard to do...I just love reading about everyone's losses and nsv's!!!
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #13  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Im so sorry mammabell...keep trucking along. YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU WILL DO THIS!! And I am sorry about your grandpa, been there My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammabell View Post

jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #14  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Way to go, IPdivajen!

Sorry to hear that Samkatmom and Mammabell have family members that aren't doing well. I will be thinking of both of you this weekend.

Cleaned the kitchen top to bottom today - hubby just finished my new backsplash and it was a mess - ick! Took about 2 hours, and it's not a very large kitchen... Maybe the extra activity will help me with a good loss when I weigh in on Monday? Hoping to get into the 160s!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 305/262.8/180

Height: 5'5 1/2

Quote:

Woooohoooo!
Awesome!! Can't wait until I weigh less than DBF.
Butterfly queen is offline   Reply With Quote