Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #76  

Height: 5'4"

I just drank a chocolate drink made with 1/2 caff coffee...LOVE! It was rich and creamy and just what I needed. Goodbye weekend and I hope everyone has a great Monday!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #77  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirStories View Post
I will be in the area around Christmas too! The week before, actually. I'm really looking forward to a vacation -- and I want to see Harry Potter Land! That will be a week where I indulge in a few cheats -- I'm not leaving without butter beer. I believe this'll be the only vacation I have in a few years, and I'm excited!
We went a few years ago and it was sooooo busy to get to the HP park so good luck. I think the craziness is probably less now, but go early and be prepared to be in line. OR go at the end of the day. Those in line at 10:00 pm they let in before the park closed so it wasn't as long to see stuff, but at least we made it in. Have fun!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #78  

Height: 5'4"

Hilarious hubby story. He just came back from the grocery store and he stops and looks at me for the longest time. He says, "Ya know, I have been with you for 15 years and 3 children. Your pregnancies were great and yes you had some interesting cravings. I totally understood the bananas and peanut butter. Even the chocolate poptarts and strawberry milk. BUT... I think you sending me out at night for something called jicama is the absolute strangest grocery shopping errand I have EVER been sent out on!"
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:39 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggywinkle View Post
I am starting my IP journey on Monday, October 1 and am spending the weekend getting the house ready for IP success- cleaning out as many carbs as I can, getting lots of veggies in the crisper. I even fixed some kale chips. I am more than a little nervous about starting but am so excited that there are so many IPers on 3fatchicks. I can't wait to learn from all of you!
You're gonna love it! After the first week though, first few days are rough. It has definitely changed my life.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #80  

Prayers for those of you with family members who aren't doing well.

Congrats to all the NSV's posted today. Every time I sit down and read through this thread, it reminds me that we all have so much in common. Miles apart, differences in ages, etc.. but still so much alike. I've started to enjoy shopping and dressing differently, enjoying makeup a little more, planning a giant closet clean out this week, lol. We don't realize what we accept as normal and learn to live with as the weight comes on.

Enjoy every little change! Everyone's hard work is paying off and we are so worth whatever little sacrafices we're making to be at a healthy weight. Have a great week!
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #81  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
...Every time I sit down and read through this thread, it reminds me that we all have so much in common. Miles apart, differences in ages, etc.. but still so much alike....
I liked this as it's very true. I kinda feel like I'm being watched by people I know so I'm being positive, being upbeat etc. for others, even if I don't feel it some days. A few people at work are "inspired by me" (really?), so now I couldn't even cheat if I wanted to..LOL... I'm feeling a wee bit o' IP pressure!

It's very nice to come on here and hear, not only successes and NSV to keep me going, but also people complaining of constipation, or cellulite, or how hard it can be some days... I'm trying not to be a whiner at home and work,and stay focussed and positive... nice to have a place I can come to discuss how I really feel with people who can relate, or ask that question I'm not sure about. The "mental" game is the biggest one we're all tackling, and coming on here is helping me stay focussed and figure out how I got this big to begin with (other than the obvious "over the lips and onto the hips" reason! LOL)

Last edited by IP43; 09-30-2012 at 11:21 PM.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #82  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Very well said IP43. I too really appreciate all the support, encouragement and information here. I really couldn't do this without you all!
cbl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Height: 5'3"

I hosted our community group for a potluck dinner. I planned ahead and made cookies out of a chocolate drink mix so I could enjoy dessert with everyone. Dinner was burritos so it was super easy to make a salad. I did not feel deprived at all. Definitely a NSV.
Samkatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #84  
IP Round #3: 3/1/2021

S/C/G: 204/188/145

Height: 5'5"/46yo

Howdy folks, I was in College Station yesterday watching the Ags whoop up on Arkansas 58-10 (with 2 missed field goals too). It was a great game, but as soon as we drove in, hubby called that my son was throwing up (they stayed home, only gone 1 night). Got back Saturday night, this morning he threw up again...my dad drove up from San Anyonio to help out. Oops...gotta get the kid....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Didn't see one so thought I'd get us started. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

My biggest victory of the past short while took place this morning when I FINALLY weighed in lower than DH!!

Woooohoooo!
Whoop! Awesome NSV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Tried Walden Farms dressings, raspberry vinagerate was yuck, so was sesame ginger.

Ceaser was edible.
I can't have the WF dressings as salad dressings, I do like the sesame ginger as a miracle noodle stirfry sauce doctored up with soy, red curry paste, and sriracha, and wd peanut spread. I have to doctor up most of them, except the pancake syrup...that rocks! The 1000 island I can only stand in the big Mac in a bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggywinkle View Post
I am starting my IP journey on Monday, October 1 and am spending the weekend getting the house ready for IP success- cleaning out as many carbs as I can, getting lots of veggies in the crisper. I even fixed some kale chips. I am more than a little nervous about starting but am so excited that there are so many IPers on 3fatchicks. I can't wait to learn from all of you!
great start on your journey!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Hilarious hubby story. He just came back from the grocery store and he stops and looks at me for the longest time. He says, "Ya know, I have been with you for 15 years and 3 children. Your pregnancies were great and yes you had some interesting cravings. I totally understood the bananas and peanut butter. Even the chocolate poptarts and strawberry milk. BUT... I think you sending me out at night for something called jicama is the absolute strangest grocery shopping errand I have EVER been sent out on!"
That is funny! I wish we could find jicama here. But hubby came in yesterday with a huge box filled with rhubarb that a neighbour gave him for me. I got it all chopped up and in the freezer,enough to last till next summers crop.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #86  
IP Round #3: 3/1/2021

S/C/G: 204/188/145

Height: 5'5"/46yo

I brought 3 chopped jicama for the roadtrip there that my old roomie loved, kept asking me about veggie recipes too...of course the spinach mocha latte was the first one out there! I love my crazy veggies...

Dad ate up the cucumber-lemon sorbet tonight. Making a zuchinni-lime sorbet tomorrow...oh, and my appliances are dying off. Got a new coffee machine last Friday, then today as i was juicing the lemons, my kitchen-aid went bonkers. Then while the sorbet was going my ice cream machine broke! Stopped churning, so i poured it in ice cube trays and blended them after freezing...delicious!

At least i have 2 blenders...my kitchen-aid motor gear is stuck on high and LOUD. I can have that serviced...the ice cream machine on the other hand was a hand me down 40+ year old behemoth...irreplaceable and out of service, loved that thing!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote