Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #61  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Hi all...after a crazy start to my day, it actually ended up quite well. Went to my grandma's estate sale & saw & helped my mom & aunts. They all said that I looked great!

After the sale, my girls & I were starving...so we went to Jimmy Johns to eat. I had a turkey unwich with double the turkey. This includes a low carb lettuce wrap, turkey, cucs, tomato, extra lettuce & onion. I also had a whole dill pickle. No sauces were put on it. I hope this was ok...my coach told me that she goes there & orders that. I have a board meeting next week...and we are picking up lunch there for community members. I wanted to scope it out beforehand. Knowing how FAST they like to get your order through, I told them in advance that I wanted them to take their time with my order due to my dietary restrictions...& they were happy to do so!
Jimmy Johns is the greatest!!! It is my go to place to eat and I get the same thing. Add a pickle and you have your veggies too. Those pickles are HUGE!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Sunday Morning to Everyone!

Hoping for a no wind day today so we can get the roof on the barn. We have been working on this thing since Father's Day and it would be really nice to get the roof on....it was too windy yesterday and we only we able to get 2 of the 30 panels up.....arg.

Good thing is, it is keeping us busy and moving. A workout without the gym if you know what I mean!

I am also happy to report that today is the 19th day of 100% OP for me. This journey has been made so much easier by this group. THANKS EVERYONE!!!
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #63  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Third, staying OP while out. Someone mentioned (I think?) salads at Subway. If you ask they may have packets of fat free Italian that they can give you for a dressing. Definitely better than the alternatives. Their sweet onion teriyaki sauce is also low fat so is a better choice when you go. Subway salads save my life when we're out and about and I need something safe and OP. I get the chicken one with double meat and tomatoes and cucumbers. Yum. Expensive but good. And safe!
I'm probably the one who started telling people about Subway many months ago. We take all those road trips and that my easy to do, stay 100% OP way to go for traveling. I know lots of people said they never thought about the salads only the sandwiches and the dreaded bread.

I do have concerns on using their sauces. I ONLY use their oil and vinegar. Mostly the oil is not EVOO, but once in a while is not that bad. Fat-free dressings are notoriously carb laden. Looking at their nutritional values online, the Sweet Onion Teriyaki has 9 carbs. The FF Honey Mustard 7. I think the oil and vinegar is the best best. Since they are putting it on, you can have them regulate how much. Oh, and don't forget to have them add the spinach. That helps with the veggies get close to 2 cups since you can't count all that lettuce.

Today was my WI. I think I did a better job standing on the scale as my foot is not hurting quite as much. Last week it showed this gain, but the week before was probably an unreal loss, so I'm thinking I was favoring the foot. Anyway, it's equaled out (3 wks = 7.2 lbs) and I'm almost to onderland. Give me my normal weekly 2 lb loss and I'll be there.

It's a rainy day in Georgia. Saps the ambition. Good excuse to continue resting and heal my foot.

Have a great OP Sunday, all.
Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I'm probably the one who started telling people about Subway many months ago. We take all those road trips and that my easy to do, stay 100% OP way to go for traveling. I know lots of people said they never thought about the salads only the sandwiches and the dreaded bread.

I do have concerns on using their sauces. I ONLY use their oil and vinegar. Mostly the oil is not EVOO, but once in a while is not that bad. Fat-free dressings are notoriously carb laden. Looking at their nutritional values online, the Sweet Onion Teriyaki has 9 carbs. The FF Honey Mustard 7. I think the oil and vinegar is the best best. Since they are putting it on, you can have them regulate how much. Oh, and don't forget to have them add the spinach. That helps with the veggies get close to 2 cups since you can't count all that lettuce.

Today was my WI. I think I did a better job standing on the scale as my foot is not hurting quite as much. Last week it showed this gain, but the week before was probably an unreal loss, so I'm thinking I was favoring the foot. Anyway, it's equaled out (3 wks = 7.2 lbs) and I'm almost to onderland. Give me my normal weekly 2 lb loss and I'll be there.

It's a rainy day in Georgia. Saps the ambition. Good excuse to continue resting and heal my foot.

Have a great OP Sunday, all.
Molly
Big celebrations in your near future! Onederland is around the corner!!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Well, today I am trying my hardest to be 100%. The past week or so has been rough, I think I'm in a rut. Half is mental, so I'm really trying to push through. I've been doing such a good job and am proud of myself.

I think part of my issue is that even though I see the scale moving, I'm buying smaller clothes, and people are complimenting me....I'm having trouble seeing it and adjusting my mentality.

Not to mention I had my TOM this past week and it's making me very emotional and HUNGRY. Aside from overwhelming cravings, I am starving. Like, I could eat SO much food. I eat, then my stomach rumbles just an hour later. The other day I had FIVE packets. I was just so hungry even after extra veggies and protein, I figured it was better than grabbing something completely off plan.

Sigh. I hope this week is better. I want to get to Onederland so bad.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Well, today I am trying my hardest to be 100%. The past week or so has been rough, I think I'm in a rut. Half is mental, so I'm really trying to push through. I've been doing such a good job and am proud of myself.

I think part of my issue is that even though I see the scale moving, I'm buying smaller clothes, and people are complimenting me....I'm having trouble seeing it and adjusting my mentality.

Not to mention I had my TOM this past week and it's making me very emotional and HUNGRY. Aside from overwhelming cravings, I am starving. Like, I could eat SO much food. I eat, then my stomach rumbles just an hour later. The other day I had FIVE packets. I was just so hungry even after extra veggies and protein, I figured it was better than grabbing something completely off plan.

Sigh. I hope this week is better. I want to get to Onederland so bad.
Hang in there. I was there last week too so this week I am drinking extra water and eating extra lettuce to make my hungries go away. It is hard to adjust mentally. Just keep going and regain your focus. You can do it!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #67  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkatmom View Post
My weekend is not going to be what I had planned. My husband received a call that his grandfather may not live through the weekend. So, he left last night to fly to Texas. Everett is 98 and smiled when he heard the news. His wife died last year, his youngest son, my father-in-law, died 10 years ago and he is ready to see Jesus. I am trying not to be sad because I know we will all be reunited once again but I sure will miss him in the meantime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammabell View Post
Then to stay with my Grandpa who has taken a dramatic turn for the worse this week and it doesn't look like he will be with us much longer. Gonna be rough...
My thoughts are with both of your families during this sad time.
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

My sympathies to all facing family illnesses. I am there too. Funny thing is that everyone else in my family has changed their eating habits after watching my father suffer for so long. He is the only one that won't control his eating and then complains on why bad things are happening to him. He takes no responsibility for what he puts in his mouth. It is so hard to watch.

Congratulations to all the SV and NSV posted! What a positive weekend! I feel that vibe too! I dressed up to go out for my SIL 50th Birthday yesterday. It was great to wear the clothes again that I had missed. I could even wear the jacket done up while I was sitting...It was a great feeling. I'm gonna miss that pant suit so I will probably wear it constantly until it is way to big.

NSV - Six of us went for a very nice supper. Three were on IP. I was the only one to stay 100%. Yah me!!

I am so looking forward to sweater season. Just fall though and not winter. Congrats to hgamroth for the medium sweater! What a great feeling to wear smaller clothing!

Have a great weekend everyone!
rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Molly - good point about the dressings. I ALWAYS get mine on the side so use waaaaaaay less than what they would normally put on which is why I'm not too concerned about an extra carb or two. And I don't like the sweet onion one so often use half of the packet of Kraft fat free italian which has 3g of carbs per 2tbsp. But yes, thanks for pointing that out! Last thing I want to do is lead someone astray!!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #70  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

I did have some creamer this morning in my coffee...but after a slip u just have to jump back on. it's hard after being knocked out of ketosis! plus TOM is here
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

Just wanted to post today to mention my NSV.
We are getting ready for winter by gathering wood for the fireplace this weekend. Well I put on my "gonna get dirty" jeans and they were loose. We started gathering the wood and eventually everytime I bent over I had serious plumber butt! Had to go find a belt! They are so big that I can slip them off without undoing the button or zipper! YEAH! So excited!
MSEMDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbushbunny View Post
Just wanted to post today to mention my NSV.
We are getting ready for winter by gathering wood for the fireplace this weekend. Well I put on my "gonna get dirty" jeans and they were loose. We started gathering the wood and eventually everytime I bent over I had serious plumber butt! Had to go find a belt! They are so big that I can slip them off without undoing the button or zipper! YEAH! So excited!
LOL this is such a good feeling, congrats!
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

Well, wrapping up day 2 and I still feel human! In fact, I actually feel really good! I thought by now I would be crying for my mommy! I pray I stay feeling this good! Now to hang tough tomorrow when I go back to work!
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #74  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
Well, wrapping up day 2 and I still feel human! In fact, I actually feel really good! I thought by now I would be crying for my mommy! I pray I stay feeling this good! Now to hang tough tomorrow when I go back to work!
Hang in there. It might get rough this first week, but then it might not. Each person is different. We're all cheering for you to do as you say, hang tough. Come here often, we'll give you the support you need to get past the rough spots. It's possible, just stick to the program 100%.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

Thanks for the support, Molly!
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote